Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'8

Default Transitioning from Ideal Protein Diet to Atkins

Hi all,

I have been on Ideal Protien diet since January and lost 35 lbs but have also been losing my hair and energy. I have been stalled for about a month now. I want to make the transition to Atkins. Should I just jump in and start eating real food or should I make a gradual change in my diet? Any input is appreciated. Thank you
Karin
KarinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You may want to check in with your doctor. Especially if you are losing hair. They can take some blood and make sure everything is functioning ok and help you figure out the best way to transition.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #3  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Try going to the Atkins dot com official webpage. I also like them on FB They have a registered dietician who may be able to help you.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/265/175

Height: 5'7"

If it were me, I'd jump into Atkins cold turkey from IP. I'd probably start with lower fats at first though, could be a bit rough on the digestive system at first and stick to your walden farms dressings n such for awhile. I use those even while on Atkins. A friend of mine is on IP and has lost a decent amount of weight in the last few months by doing so. I've considered looking into IP, but after seeing the cost involved I stuck with the Atkins plan. Not sure how it plays into IP, but protein is suppose to build hair, nails, etc. I'd look into adding some supplements to your diet (after talking to your dr of course.) I take nettle leaf, biotin, and a green algea/ spirulina/ stuff called f2 supplement from www dot optimumchoices dot com ( no financial interest) and have seen some great changes just from the f2 supplement.

Best of luck in whatever choice you make!
SilhouetteStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #5  
I can do hard things.

S/C/G: 310/ticker,baby/160

Height: 5'7"

Karin,
How has your transition gone? I'm in the same boat. I started IP in January but am transitioning to Atkins. I worry about potential weight loss but am in an IP rut: financially, mainly.
swanz is offline   Reply With Quote