Old 05-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Bikini Ready 2012 Challenge! Part III!

We're a chatty bunch!

Hello! I did a Year End Goal challenge last year and I wanted to take the same format and make it BETTER for a Bikini Ready Challenge! "But wait, I don't think I'll be ready for a bikini this year!" I hear some of you cry, well don't you worry you sexy muffin panda, this challenge is all about losing weight for the summer months so there's a spring in your step and you feel more confident with your body than ever before - bikini ready or not!
"But wait, the challenge appears to already have started! I really want to join!" No problemo, my friend! The beauty of the spreadsheet format is that you can join in any time.
"I know all my weights from the previous weeks, is it ok to enter them as a new member?" Of course it is! There are weekly charts for everyone's weigh in, it would be better if you had your weight from the week before you start so you have a chance of entering the challenge chart!
Make sure you read all the rules and information and you're all set!

The rules are simples!
Go to spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VN2dKT1E#gid=0 (For older participants, this URL is new which is why the original spreadsheet doesn't work. Please update bookmarks!)
Enter your username, start weight, then scroll over to the right and enter your goal weight. Please remember when entering your starting weight it's the weight that you're at starting THIS challenge - not your overall starting weight. Also, please do NOT put __ lbs as your starting weight, it messes up with the spreadsheet formulas!
NEWBIES! If you are joining us now that the challenge is a-go there are 2 ways to go about entering the challenge.
1) If you have kept a record of your weights starting from the first week in January, then enter your starting weight as the weight you were at in January then enter all your weekly weights leading up to the present. Or alternatively, if you've only started keeping a record after January then you can enter your weights from that time too, the more info you can put in the better basically!
2) If you are new to weight loss and have only just starting weighing in, no problem, just enter your weight that you are NOW as your starting weight and also enter this weight into the current week (so I don't move you by accident by seeing blank cells).
Each week enter your weight between Monday and Sunday, whichever day you prefer to weigh in.
Finally, LEAVE THE LAST 3 COLUMNS ON THE RIGHT ALOONNNEEE. DON'T TOUCH THEM! AH AH! I SAID NO TOUCHING. YES, BACK AWAY. THANK YOU, PLEASE. You may thinking entering your own data manually is helping - it's not. I am your monkey slave for this challenge so let me take care of everything.

The random bits of info you also need to remember!
Please be careful when using the spreadsheet, I've had to rearrange columns and re-enter data because of carelessness. I'm doing my best to make sure the spreadsheet is neat and tidy!
If you don’t weigh in for more than 2 weeks, I will move you to the stand by sheet. Your information is still there, but it just cleans up the main spreadsheet so the people who are actively participating are only shown. If you jump back in PLEASE DO! Just post in the thread that you want to hop back in and I’ll move you back onto the main spread sheet.
I also created a group on Fitocracy for any users who want to be accountable for exercise during the challenge. The group is here: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4702/ - if you want to join the site then I have 9 invites going!

AND FINALLY, LET'S NOT FORGET THE CHALLENGE SIDE TO THIS AWESOMENESS!

This year I really want to emphasise that this is a challenge as well as a great way to stay accountable. "What do I have to do?" Nothing! Just keep entering your weights every week and I will sort out the rest. But basically I'm going to be monitoring your progress each week to find out who are our biggest losers for the week and giving the top 20 people points based on where they rank. So for example if you're the number one for the week you get 20 points and if you're number 20 you get 1 point.
"How are the ranks decided?" By your percentage of weight loss, which basically means how much of YOU you have lost, not how many pounds you have lost. This is fair because people who are at a higher weight tend to lose more pounds than those who are close to their goals. It's also how they decide who's the winner on The Biggest Loser

Below you will see 2 shiny charts, one is the overall ranking of who has lost the highest percentage of weight loss, and the other is a chart based on who is kicking a$$ each week and getting all the points - so basically the challenge chart!

Overall Chart:

Challenge Chart:

The challenge started the first week in January and will go for 25 weeks, which takes us to June. Remember the thread is always there to talk and discuss how you’re doing, so please pop by and say hello every so often =).

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-25-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #2  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi!

Can we post the link to the chart on this thread so we can find it easily?

A couple more weeks ladies!!!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

Hey guys!

Not sure if anyone remembers me... but I kind of stopped posting here almost a month ago because uni just took over my life. My exams are finished now and I can finally get back to the bikini challenge... or at least what's left of it!

Riestrella.. how do I get back on to the main page??

I've unfortunately gained as well. ;_____; Not too proud of myself but I'm determined to get back on track!

Missed 3FC so much!

Last edited by Em123; 05-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Em123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Welcome back Em! I added you back on the spreadsheet, enter your weight for the previous week(s) or this week so I don't bump you off again!

How's everyone doing?!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone! My weight was going down, but it's up today. I'm thinking its the salt I had yesterday. Mexican for lunch and then hot dogs for dinner. And I ate kinda late, so I'm hoping that's the issue. My plan is to guzzle water today and get this water off.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #6  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I'm 208.5 today! And TOM is gone, so I think this is all the loss I'm gonna get. I have a ways to go to get to 197 before June! (is it the beginging or end of June??)
meltaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Hey everyone I've unfortunally put back on 3 pounds as well Holding steady at 182 again. I started my running up again and am trying to get back on my food plan. Hoping i'll be back to where I was in another month.

Its so wierd that this challenge is almost over. Kinda like a bittersweet parting. Hope everyone had an awesome week

Last edited by baker23; 05-25-2012 at 05:22 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #8  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

There'll be another one soon don't worry!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #9  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

musical thanks, it has grown on me a bit, though that may be due to everyone telling me how awesome it looks. The streaks at the front still bothers me though.
Good job on the run, I hate getting up to run during TOM but feel awesome during/after it.

Leila awe that sucks about the bruises, hopefully later you’ll be able to run. Good job on the ride, and resisting desert! Props for that for sure!
I feel like that too, that some days I’m like wow I’ve lost so much… but I still have so much fat. It’s strange

meltaway it may seem like a slow process, but keep at it and in a year you’ll say “wow, I cant believe I was that much a year ago, I’ve come so far!”

rie have you got your woosh yet?!
PS do you mean KICKING a$$ not kissing in the first post?

baker I agree, I almost don’t want it to end! Glad to see you back!

Oooookay. Big smile. I am officially done all didactic courses at my school! I know I passed all my exams, and fairly sure I did pretty well on most of them (a few of the grades were posted by accident and I was in the low 90s so I’m pleased.) I only have a 3 month hospital clinical and then I’ll be a graduate!
In 5 months I did 8 courses and kept high grades and lost 37 pounds. Probably the proudest I’ve ever been of myself (and I’m never proud of myself) .
Mexico is TOMORROWWWW!! Soo excited. Except I don’t know where to start to pack, its kind of overwhelming since I’m also packing to move for 3 months. Unfortunately, my luck has made there be a hurricane in mexico. They almost cancelled our flight and were gonna send us somewhere else, but now it’s a type 1 or something so they’re not. Hopefully all goes well, since I’ve never been somewhere tropical and I really just need to relax on the beach. I’m hoping to maintain my weight while there, obviously I wont be sticking to the same eating plan, but I’m planning on hitting the gym in the mornings and eating in moderation.
I had a big whoosh this week (thank goodness since I only lost 0.2 last week)
I hope everyone has a fabulous week and I’ll be back!
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

@Riestrella Thank you! Aghh so glad to be back on 3FC... ready to get back on this.
Em123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #11  
Crazygurl61

Hi Everyone...down to 135.2 this morning..whohooo!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm baaaack! Not here in the forum, haha, but in my diet/lifestyle change. I'm fully back on the wagon and it feels great. I've been sticking to my running plan and my calorie counting is back on track. Since I live at home with my family who eats junk all the time, I ended up having to buy my own groceries. Kind of annoying, but I found a full time job in my field (yay!) so now I can afford to. Today I had grilled teriyaki chicken with corn and broccoli for dinner. It looked so yummy, haha, I wanted to take a picture. Dinner is my problem meal because it's the one I'm at home for, and when I cook I get yelled at for making a mess. My mom and brother had chicken nuggets and those little hotdogs wrapped in biscuits for dinner. Honestly, I'm very afraid of losing my family due to weight-related health issues. I know it's going to happen and it's killing me. Anyway.

I'm glad to be back on track and emotionally whole after all the crap I went through. I really feel like myself again. It's like I was missing myself, and she finally came back. I can see myself hitting my goal weight before the end of the year and I'm so excited!
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #13  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by torito View Post
rie have you got your woosh yet?!
PS do you mean KICKING a$$ not kissing in the first post?
I don't know what you're talking about >_>....

Enjoy Mexico! Have a great time! I would surely burn to a crisp with my porcelain complexion! Seriously I'm so white I look like a Twilight vampire glowing in the sun light.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #14  
Crazygurl61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I don't know what you're talking about >_>....

Enjoy Mexico! Have a great time! I would surely burn to a crisp with my porcelain complexion! Seriously I'm so white I look like a Twilight vampire glowing in the sun light.
Lol! Me too compared to,everyone else where I live. When I travel people say I am tan though...
Old 05-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Hey, Rie, could I also please be added back? It's a bummer to go from my last weigh-in in the challenge to what I weigh now but I really like being a part of a challenge so whatever! I'll deal with it hehe =)
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote