Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Default Is plan too slow?

I have dieted off and on for almost 40 yrs! Plan to lose about 20 lbs and this time trying the slow route to prevent lapses and particularly binges! Using a calorie app and aiming for 1850 calories a day plus half an hour cycling and 15 mins combo of weights and ab exercises. Have completed 2 months of this and lost three pounds! Had hoped for more and wonder if my metabolism hasn't got the message. I do feel slimmer at the waist and trousers are looser. Has any one else ate a similar amount of calories with success. I am terrified of my binges hence the high amount but it would be nice to see better results!
Milly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

If you are happy with the plan, and it's been successful in preventing the lapses and binges, then it's probably just right for you.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 AM   #3  

Thank you Jane and yesterday just proved that. I tried reducing from around 1800 to around 1600 trying not to be too rigid, and the feelings of panic set in prior to a binge. Had an extra 200 and settled fine. Going to have to keep plodding on, because I am fitter my exercise is naturally increasing so that should help!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Milly, I don't think there is such a thng as too slow of weight loss. A loss is a loss. When you lose slower, your are less likely to gain it back. Ask anyone who has crashed off 20 lbs for an event. It comes back on much faster than it came off. Since you are doing some exercise and weight lifting you are probably firming up your muscles and that will add weight, but it will also help burn fat. The fact that you are noticing a difference in the way your clothes fit is a sign that you are succeeding. Good luck to you!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #5  

Thank you so much for your kind words simm11! Deep down I think you are right, I don't know what this obsession with the scales moving is