Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default New, Want Support and To Support

Hi! I'm a newbie on here and excited to start this journey. I joined the forum to get the encouragement I need and to also help others if I can.

Like most others, I have tried and failed, tried and succeeded and then failed, all the combos. I can feel this time will be different. I am doing a twist on the Slow Carb diet with some tweaks to make it more sustainable for me. Anyone else familiar with that?

Also, any tips for losing weight after kids - my youngest is already 6 and it just seems so much harder than when I tried it before I had kids and was successful!

Thanks! Cannot wait to say HI!

bdmom

Last edited by Bdmom; 04-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Bdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/216/154

Height: 5'8

Hiya. I am new too. I previously went to a size 18 but managed to get back to a size 12. I then had my youngest daughter who will be 2 in August, but have gone back up to a size 18. I want to get to a size 14 and then I will be happy. I am starting the Slimmm diet on Monday, once all of the Easter eggs have gone from the house, lol.
I would also like to meet friends who can offer encouragement and support and will hopefully like some back. ;-)
cherrydamsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #3  

Those Easter Eggs are deadly! What is the Slimmm diet? I am vegetarian and am always looking out for vegetarian friendly diets - would that work I wonder?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #4  

It is two shakes a day, 3 snacks and a proper meal plus one day off a week. I think it is an Australian diet. I know people don't really recommend the meal replacement diets but I need a kick start!!!!!!! I just hope those shakes taste nice coz Ive bought loads of em and brand new body analyser scales as I know my BMI is through the roof!!!!! Where are you from? I'm in England and also in my 30's. I think it's gonna be harder to shift the weight this time :-(
Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #5  

I am in the U.S., and yes - it is going to be harder this time. This is the first time that I joined a community so I am excited about that. I am also excited that I got a work out partner this time - someone i really like and have fun with. we're not doing much - just walking, but its a big step for me!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/222/160

Height: 5 6

I have a baby too she's six months n I'm calorie counting and doing zumba I work n go to school I would like to go running but I'm still to lazy lol wanna see how it goes
lily1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #7  

Lily - you are NOT lazy - you sound like you are doing a lot. Makin' me feel lazy!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #8  

You definitely do not sound lazy, Lily. I need to do some exercise but with all me studying it's so hard. I have exams coming up to so will have to try and fit something in. My friend is starting the same diet as me so we may have to start going to Zumba, or something, together too. Where are you from Lily?