Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 04-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

Default So nervous

So most of my weight gain was from my two pregnancies, and after this last one; while I still have quite a bit to lose, my stomach already is flabby (of course right now it's fat & flabby and not just loose skin lol) but I am so nervous about how it's going to look when I am done I already hate it so much, I mean you can be overweight and still have a "flat" stomach but this is awful, it's like a spare tire! I am wondering if anyone has any advice or workouts in mind that can help with this transition, or will I likely need to get surgery to remove whatever is leftover? And does anyone have any idea on what that type of surgery costs?
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Weight training!!!!!

I had 2 huge pregnancies and have been overweight pretty much my entire life. Sure, I have stretch marks... but in dim light, you can't even tell how much of a trainwreck my body is. I had a massive spare tire in the beginning and it's pretty much gone now.

You can do a lot of resculpting by strengthening your muscles and your core. Either way, stretch marks and a bit of loose skin look a heck of a lot better than the same skin filled up with fat.

Keep at it!!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

great, thanks! I have started that recently so I guess I'm already on the right track btw you look fantastic, wtg!
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #4  

It sounds you are on right track. Keep your good work outs. Think twice about surgery. Most likely it is not necessary. Weight loss hula hoop is pretty effective to get you back to flat belly.
CrazyWL is offline   Reply With Quote