Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/262.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Default This momma's got too much junk in the trunk =o/

I'm so excited to have someone to share my journey with!

I got on the scale last week and was mortified to see that it read 271 pounds! My husband had decided a few days earlier that he wanted to start a low carb diet, so I figured, what the heck. I am on day 5 of my diet and have already lost 5 pounds Go figure, my husband has decided that he can't do the low carb thing, he's just too hungry. Huh .. just as I had progress. Oh well, I shall continue on my own =o)

I've always been over weight ... as long as I can remember. My mom was a large lady, herself, and sadly, she died suddenly in her sleep 9 days after her 49th birthday. It's time for a change. I won't do this to myself or my kids any longer. I want to be able to play football with the boys or play tea party with my daughter without fear of breaking the tiny chair.

I'm sorry for rambling on. I'm just so happy that it feels like I won't be doing this alone anymore.
MommaStarett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and congratulations on taking charge of your health. Good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

WELCOME and congrats on your new life....You'll find a great bunch of people here! Cheering you on to goal
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #4  
GI in training

Height: 5"7

Welcome :-), you sound like you're really committed to getting where you want to!! Do you have a goal yet or are you just going to lose a bit first? My mum is on weight watchers and swears by that although she has had good results from the Atkins.. I wish you much luck :-)
Butterfly1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/159/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome and congrats on the 5 lbs, that is great!
Seashell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #6  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats on your accomplishments so far! I know exactly how u feel but with mug support I have seen that anyhing is possible! We are all here yo encourage one another even when we feel at our lowest because we've all been there and we know what its like! Continuing on going on this path of being healthier! Gud luck!
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote