Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #1  

Talking Hello from Serbia! One girl needs help :)

Hello everyone!
First, sorry because my English is not so good, I hope that you will understand me. My English gramatic is really bad, but I'm trying to make it better.
Everyone call me -Moka, it's like my really name, but shorter. I'm 22 years old, student of Veterinary medicine, 3 year, second time.
I'm working in some market, and trying to do some exams. I have many problem's with my weight, I lose and gain kg, like in some circle. Today, I have 102 kg (I don't know how mouch pound's is that) , I was 115, then I lost 20kg, and gain back 10, now I'm , like I said-102. I gain back kg's because I have a hard battle with depression and panic attack's, and I beat them's with medication's and change life-style.
I want to lose weight, but I need some support, and sugestions.
In Serbia, we have so much forums of support, but I don't like thems, because, we are like a thin people, and there is not so many fat girl's.
Who is fat-in Serbia, all door's is closed to him. Other people have aversion to fat people , and that makes me nervous. I mean, come on, everyone is person for himself, nobody giving food to me, why they cares about my weight. I'am person too, no matthers how much kg I have!
I want to win this battle with my weight. Okay, I lose one battle, but not a war.
So, I'm open to any sugesstion about weight loss, wich diet you can recomended to me, exercise & co...
I hope that we will be friend's !
Kisses from Belgrade !
MokaBg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #2  
threenorns

hi, moka! i'm in canada - funny thing: in north america, about 65% of the population is too big and *still* people make fun of us big ones!

so it's not a problem with serbia - it's a problem with humans in general.

so you're about 225lb - i was 230 (115kg) when i started on march 1st and as of last week, i have lost 16lb (nearly 7.5kg). don't tell the canadian government i have to use google to convert between kilos and pounds or i might lose my citizenship (just kidding - but i have so much trouble with the metric system even though i grew up with it; i just don't "see" it so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me).

have you thought of which eating plan you want to follow? think of a whole new way of eating, not just a temporary quick fix. temporary plan = temporary results. then you stop the plan, go back to your old eating habits, and end up at the old weight again. think of it as being a healthier lifestyle - if you make living a healthy lifestyle the plan, then your body will naturally show the results by becoming healthy.

you're a vet tech, so think of it this way: if someone brings you a dog that is too big, you wouldn't say "okay, for the next little while, only feed them this and that and when they're down to a proper size, you can go back to feeding them too much food and giving them too many treats", would you? of course not. you tell the owners "you are feeding your dog too much food - stop it". if the owners start feeding the dog the proper way, over time the dog will shrink down to a proper size.

humans are exactly the same.

if you like working with animals, a fun way to exercise would be dog agility training. you have to run alongside the dog the entire time so you're getting good exercise AND bec the dog enjoys it so much, you won't have much chance to skip a workout. my dog is my motivator - he's a border collie/lab mix (or else a purebred border collie throwback, either way) and i HAVE to walk him twice a day.

once again, welcome - this is a great site for support and information, especially on the not-so-good days.

=)
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #3  

Hvala na dobrodoslici! ->Thank you for welcome I was trying so many diets, only Atkins almost destroy me. I 'm trying to do some diet from nutrition doctor, but I am opssesed with candy's & that's my hudge problem. I would like to have a dog, but home where I live is not mine, and It's forrbiden to me to have animals. One fine day, when I got my own house, i will have a farm in it, nobody can stop me to have a horse in livingroom, if I want, haha, I'm kidding. I'm practice with J.Michaels, but not every day. My musculus are in pain Wich diet you are on? Kisses, M.
MokaBg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #4  
threenorns

i'm not on any particular diet - it's a Very Low Calorie Diet that requires close attention from my doctor. every thursday, i walk to the hospital and weigh in at the dr's office or the dietitian's. every six weeks, he does blood tests to make sure my nutrient levels are still good.

i take 2 multivitamins a day, one morning and one evening.

i eat every three hours - i have a timer that reminds me otherwise i'd just go the whole day not eating and never notice. that's a not-very-good side effect of such a low intake.

i don't eat wheat or other processed grain. when my calories go up a bit, i will reintroduce oats, barley, and quinoa, but that's about it. wheat and rice make me tired and dizzy.

so i guess you could say it's kind of an atkins diet - i keep my protein above 30% and then carbs is usually down around 20%.

exercise, i walk the dog - this morning, 3 miles (4.8km) in 40 minutes because my daughter is sick and vomiting everywhere. i walk him twice a day, aiming for at least 5 miles (8km) a day.

i also started tabata training. i found out about it yesterday and spent a lot of time watching youtube to get exercise ideas but the routine i put together didn't work because of my hip/knee/lower back limitations. i corrected it today and got a really good workout - i love it bec it's only 4 minutes! i have another timer on my cell phone that blows a whistle when it's time to exercise and time to rest.

if you love dogs, what about starting up a dog-walking service? you could walk the dogs in your neighbourhood that don't get out enough. if you have a shelter near you, you could volunteer to walk the dogs there. then you get REALLY good karma: you're getting exercise AND you are improving the life and the chances of adoption for an abandoned dog!