Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #1  
Aashna/photographer

S/C/G: 299 / 233 / 165

Height: 5'5

Default I am really lost :(

Hello everyone!

In 2011, I used to weight a 294lbs (134kg), I've tried every diet in the past and never succeeded in losing the weight or keeping a bit of it down until I've decided to see a doctor about it (gynecologist to be specific), he did a few blood tests on me and gave me pills to regularize my menstruation (before the treatment it used to take from 2 weeks to 3 weeks to go away) I had a iron deficiency anemia and other matters. I am no longer on these pills but some how it did help me lose weight along with a change of life style, although I was never a junk food person, I've always ate what we cooked at home or eat at Japanese restaurants due to the lightness of the meals.

I've lost 33lbs (15kg) in 1 year, I am happy with the results, when I lose weight slowly I know I am going to keep it going but lately I am very confused, very lost when it comes to what to do next and that I really feel like I can't lose any more weight, you know the feeling when things don't go as fast as you want it just put you down

I want to start a diet or a meal plans but I have no idea where to start at all, I did buy a recumbent bike recently (about a week) and I work on it from 15 mins to 30 mins to an hour a day while watching tv or a movie (it does help trust me!). I tried to look up diets or plans online but couldn't find any that really can help, lately I haven't been eating much, my meals don't contain dairy or chicken/meat/fish unless I am dinning at a restaurant once a week.

After my sever food pinioning few months ago I have restricted my food choices, I eliminated poultry, meat and seafood, (no dairy product) all I eat is okra cooked with oyster sauce and white rice (now brown rice) for lunch and for dinner I have soup, no snacks, no soft drinks or any type of juices, no alcohol, I only drink water.. unfortunately I skip the breakfast.. I don't think what I eat..maybe HOW I eat is right.

So I came to the forum to check some diet plans and such but I couldn't find my way around or maybe because I am overly stressed I couldn't focus or understand what's going on here (hence the fact that I am not English Native speaker so it's actually make me understand things on the slower side)

I'd really appreciate any advice I can get here.. I am sorry for the long post though I just wanted to rant to somebody

Thank you for reading!
may77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

If you're not a vegetarian for ethical reasons, I would add back in lean meats. They're a good source of low-calorie protein and less calorie-dense than carbs. Though it doesn't sound like you're eating enough calories in general, if you're skipping breakfast and not having any snacks at all. Are you tracking your calorie intake at all? At your height and weight I'd shoot for at least 1400-1600 a day.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Calories determine fat loss or gain. Not eating "right" or "healthy".
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Though eating healthy is not wrong. I believe breakfast is important. Also, starving yourself and highly restricting yourself may not be good. You have to fuel your body. Aiming for a calorie goal is a good idea. Food journals are a must! Write down what you eat so you can see it.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #5  
too big to fail

Track your calories, keep to your goal, and move your body. Actually food choices are secondary in importance to that.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I second what a few have said, the food itself isn't really important as long as you are getting the nutrients you need. Eating breakfast isn't a big deal, don't force yourself if you don't want to. You don't need a plan that is specific untill that is something you require mentally.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/199/170

Height: 5'8"

I agree with everyone else who said you may not be eating enough and to check your calories.

Also, if you don't want to eat meat you really need to eat beans or something! I'm not vegetarian but I eat lentils frequently because they're yummy and cheap! Embrace the bean! Not enough people do

PS Japanese food is delicious but some cities have more North American style rolls which sometimes mean excessive amounts of Japanese mayo or other sauces. So be careful when ordering rolls since it might be more calories than you think.
kimminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #8  

I think you are not eating enough calories and your body might be starving itself.
ubskinnyagain75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #9  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

It sounds like you're not taking in any type of protein at all.. that is very bad for you! If you want non-animal sources of protein, try tofu, quinoa, temper, and beans. If you feel ready to eat meat again buy yourself a meat thermometer to make sure you're properly cooking your meats, keep a clean work area, and use separate chopping boards for meat and veggies. Carbs are no good for weight loss, I'd cut back on the rice and switch to brown rive. Also count calories-1500-1800 work probably work for you at this weight. The biking is good! I bike for exercise too. There are hundred of recipes on the recipe area of 3FC which are awesome.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #10  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

From what I have been reading, if you don't eat enough protein, you will lose muscle mass and not fat. Yes, you will weigh less, but that is not the same as losing all fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

Last edited by Serenity100; 04-09-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
From what I have been reading, if you don't eat enough protein, you will lose muscle mass and not fat. Yes, you will weigh less, but that is not the same as losing all fat.
You're either getting your information from an incredibly poor source or you're misinterpreting what you're reading. (Or you just mistyped)

When you diet you will lose muscle if protein intake is inadequate but you'll lose many lbs of fat for every lb of muscle. Many.

My point to the OP was simply that calories matter much more than one one eats. If you eat all "healthy" food but consume too much you will gain weight.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #12  
Aashna/photographer

S/C/G: 299 / 233 / 165

Height: 5'5

Default Thank you all!

Thanks everyone for your time and advices! I really needed to be pointed to the right direction, I wasn't sure what is wrong with me lately.. it seems that my way of eating is totally wrong but I couldn't figure it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
If you're not a vegetarian for ethical reasons, I would add back in lean meats. They're a good source of low-calorie protein and less calorie-dense than carbs. Though it doesn't sound like you're eating enough calories in general, if you're skipping breakfast and not having any snacks at all. Are you tracking your calorie intake at all? At your height and weight I'd shoot for at least 1400-1600 a day.
Thanks hun for replying to my post.
No, I am not a vegetarian, I can eat everything but pork, lamb and horse meat for personal preference. Just 4 months ago I quit on eating any lean meat or seafood, I also keep repeating the same lunch and dinner every single day for the past 4 months it is driving me crazy.. I haven't really been counting calories I might as will check that out and see what is my body missing. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Thanks JohnP. Got your point, but I am not eating enough, 2 meals a day, one of them happened to be soup. I'll try calories counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostangel05 View Post
Though eating healthy is not wrong. I believe breakfast is important. Also, starving yourself and highly restricting yourself may not be good. You have to fuel your body. Aiming for a calorie goal is a good idea. Food journals are a must! Write down what you eat so you can see it.
Thanks for writing! Brilliant idea!
I am not starving myself, but I just can't seem to accept food lately, any kind of food just the idea of it makes me sick, so I sticked to the ones I've mentioned. I did have breakfast today, I thought I'd give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Track your calories, keep to your goal, and move your body. Actually food choices are secondary in importance to that.
Thank you! I will do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
I second what a few have said, the food itself isn't really important as long as you are getting the nutrients you need. Eating breakfast isn't a big deal, don't force yourself if you don't want to. You don't need a plan that is specific untill that is something you require mentally.
Thanks! I guess I need to try to accept all sort of food again, the breakfast is not my thing really so I will try to do something about it, I did eat breakfast today so I will see if I can keep that up, I got to balance my intakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimminy View Post
I agree with everyone else who said you may not be eating enough and to check your calories.

Also, if you don't want to eat meat you really need to eat beans or something! I'm not vegetarian but I eat lentils frequently because they're yummy and cheap! Embrace the bean! Not enough people do

PS Japanese food is delicious but some cities have more North American style rolls which sometimes mean excessive amounts of Japanese mayo or other sauces. So be careful when ordering rolls since it might be more calories than you think.
Thanks dear!
Yeah! Lentils are nice, beans too, that's a good idea!
As for Japanese food, we usually go to have nigiri or sashimi, or miso soup, I am not into rolls unless someone else ordered and we share it lol but yeah I do get what you mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubskinnyagain75 View Post
I think you are not eating enough calories and your body might be starving itself.
Thank you for your reply! I started to believe that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffNeedsChange View Post
It sounds like you're not taking in any type of protein at all.. that is very bad for you! If you want non-animal sources of protein, try tofu, quinoa, temper, and beans. If you feel ready to eat meat again buy yourself a meat thermometer to make sure you're properly cooking your meats, keep a clean work area, and use separate chopping boards for meat and veggies. Carbs are no good for weight loss, I'd cut back on the rice and switch to brown rive. Also count calories-1500-1800 work probably work for you at this weight. The biking is good! I bike for exercise too. There are hundred of recipes on the recipe area of 3FC which are awesome.
Thanks hun for your reply! I am really starting to realizes this, even though I know I am not eating protein, I didn't think it is a big deal, reading all that just opened my eyes on things.

I was traveling to Munich and stayed there for 1 month, I had to eat out all the time since I've stayed in a hotel room without a kitchenette, I was shocked with the local cuisines, Munich of all cities has a lot of butter and cheese in their diet, so it was kind of difficult for me to deal with the food, I ended up eating lots of bread and cheese and few days before I get that terrible sever food poisoning I had meat stew with bread, it took me few days to recover and since then I am afraid of meat, bread or kind of dairy and even fruits! I do eat grills and seafood when I am dinning out but I always get back home feeling nauseous!

I am just realizing while writing this, it is more of a mental shock than actually food problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Thank you for replying. I think I need a whole new plan for my meals.. it's not something I meant to do (not eating protein I mean), it just happened that I reject eating it because I am afraid of getting nausea or sick. I will try my best to get back on track.

I am thankful for everyone here who opened my eyes on this matter.. really! I live on my own and I work with people who are fit/skinny and don't really understand my condition, they think I eat all day long because I am overweight. Not much of support really.
may77 is offline   Reply With Quote