Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #1  
The P.M.

S/C/G: 209/189/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking Hello and ARRRGH! from Japan =D

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I've struggled with my weight since forever, and have finally decided to be realistic with myself and put in the work ...not so much to lose weight, but to be fit and to appear the way I feel on the inside.

I've got some medical issues that play a role; I've been dealing with Dysthymia (mild, chronic depression) for about 12 years now, and pushing myself to get a lot of exercise has really helped with that. My weight had also gotten to the point where standing all day for work (I teach) on an ankle with a history of sprains was causing it to become subluxed (like a precursor to dislocation, I think). Anyway, with a slow start on a stationery bike, I went from hobbling around to high-pace walking, and now a year later I am about 20 lbs lighter and jogging on a regular basis (though there are still a lot of challenges to go with that).

I lose weight in stops and starts; I also have had some issues with my stomach/digestion that I think have affected the way I absorb vitamins and so on from my food; I am definitely anemic, but also have trouble with other things such as potassium. This is a currently-ongoing thing; hence the ARRRGH! I am wondering if my body is plateauing cuz poor absorption has it in semi-starvation mode. Trying to alleviate that with Vit C and so on.

But anyway, those are my issues Looking forward to using this forum; I definitely will be able to appreciate all the good advice to be had!

皆さん頑張ってね! ("Everyone, keep up the good work!")
Moshimoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum!! Best of luck on your weight loss journey!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote