Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #1  
*Honey*

S/C/G: 275/265/165

Height: 5'7"

Default My Introduction

Hey, Hi and Hello!

I'm Jeana and I am 28 years old and I have decided to make some major changes in my life. I am okay with being big, I know I will never be tiny and quite frankly I would not look healthy at a very small size. I have set me a goal of droping the weight and getting in a more healthy way of living.

I am doing this for me first, my children second. I want to be able to run and play with them and not struggle. I have been on a few diets and droped them, I have started excersis and dropped that. This time I cannot drop it, I want it and crave it and need something in my life.

I moved to Louisiana over a year ago and have been bored out of my mind. My husband always works away and leave me with the children at home. We live in a small town in the middle of nowhere and I have no social life outside of the children. This has caused me to develope a depression and to be lazy and eat, eat, and eat. This has to stop.

I am taking back Joy in my life and starting a diet and excersis program. Now this is the part I am lost at. I want to really get results and not lose motivation. I just don't know what honestly works there is so much out there and I don't want to climb false walls and give myself heartbreak. I want to climb walls that lead me where I need to be, where I want to be.

So I am open to stories, suggestions, and any supportive help avaible. I am leaning to a caliore tracking diet and droping sugars, and whites, I am also thinking of adding a cardio like Zumba to my daily routine I just started today.

Today I walked/sprinted the pecan orachard. The pecan orachard is two rows of pecan trees about 6 trees long. I will do this every day for 30 minutes.

This is as far as I have gotten.
CajunHoney28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Hey Welcome to the forum! So glad that you have joined us.
I am full of advice about deit and exercise but first I wanted to tell you from someone who is older than you and whose life once revolved around my children. Find friends and activities that you enjoy. Even in a small community, try to find someone with common interests as you. Volunteer at the school to meet people or if you go to church, become more active. Please do not isoliate yourself, find things that you enjoy outside your family. It took me sooo long to figure out how important this is.

Sounds like you are leaning toward calorie counting? There is a ton of information about many different food plans on this site. Pick a plan that fits in your lifestyle and you can follow long term. I too chose calorie counting because it is free and flexible. It allows me to eat almost anything I wanted as long as it fits within my calorie range for the day and there are ton of free apps out there to help you track your food.
Give up the sugary drinks and drink lots and lots of water.
Incorporate some exercise into your weekly routine. You do not have to join an expensive gym try to walk more, use the stairs more, download videos off of YouTube or Hulu.com to work out to. There are a lot of things you can to do with spending a ton of money.
Lastly, if you have a bad meal, a bad day, heck, a bad food week. Do NOT let this be a reason to throw in the towel. Get back on track at the next meal. You can do this!!!
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/230/150

Height: 5'5"

YEAH! You can do it! I personally choose Weight Watchers, because I love it and it works for me. So find the best way for you to start eating healthier (sounds like you already have a plan). And great on the exercise plans! Zumba is NUTS! And i love it! It's hard work, you feel like a fool, but it's so fun and I laugh a lot, which is also good I've also started a running/jogging/walking program. Biggest advise I can give in that area though (with exercise) is don't start off doing to much. You need to ease into it or you'll burn yourself out. Your body needs time to rest, most sites suggest doing it 3 times a week for 30 min a day. So just consider not doing every day, ONLY at first! Best of Luck! You can do this!
shannon0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/198/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! We all know you can do this. Hehe, it can be a bit overwhelming at first but speaking from experience, looking back at what I was-- I am SO happy that I finally started this journey and I am so thankful for the support that I find here! Not to mention the many wonderfully inspirational stories! Good luck!!
Onedaysmaller is offline   Reply With Quote