Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #1  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default What pushes YOU through when you feel like giving up?

For your weight loss and what not. What keeps the drive in you consistent? For me, it's my boyfriend. Yes, yes I know I shouldn't be changing for him, and I'm not, but I get to see him this summer. He's in college and I'm in high school. We are in a long distance relationship (I live in NC, he lives in AL) and for the first time in over a year he is gonna come visit me. I want to be at my half way point in July (hopefully under) for his visit.

What keeps YOU motivated?
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #2  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

My boyfriend was a big part in my journey too! I wanted turn into someone he could be proud of since I was physically and emotionally more healthy. I wanted him to take me out and his friends/co-workers go, WOW!

Off the top of my head...

- not wanting to waste my youth fat and unhappy
- pretty clothes (shopping!)
- wanting to be a butterfly and not a wallflower
- feeling pretty in photos
- health reasons
- proving haters wrong!
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #3  
threenorns

i don't want to be a fat old lady covered in cat hair sitting in a wheelchair at my 5yr old daughter's high school graduation.

i don't want to embarrass her by seeing the looks on ppl's faces when she introduces said fat old lady as her actual mother, not her grandmother who's been let out of the attic for the occasion.

i don't want to die at the age of 50.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Yup, for me it's looking good for my boyfriend. And buying smaller and cuter clothing sizes!!

Last edited by summerlove; 03-31-2012 at 06:48 PM.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #5  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I want to be lighter, healthier, happier. I want to feel strong and confident. I don't want to feel like I'm wearing five leather coats all the time, not sure how else to describe it except that I feel claustrophobic in my own body. I'd love to be able to shop in the regular section of the stores rather than the plus sizes. And I want the energy to do everything I've ever wanted rather than typically sit on the sidelines watching everyone else have fun.

And most importantly? I had my first pregnancy last year, and it ended in a miscarriage early this year. The doctor said it's likely I did nothing wrong, but I can't help but wonder if things would have gone ok had I been healthier to start out with. I began making changes last month, and really went down to business this past month with my eating plan.

Last edited by Elladorine; 03-31-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #6  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

knowing that if i don't keep plugging away and get at least close to my goal i will not be at a healthy weight to have kids.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

I want to be fit and healthy for myself, my kids, and my husband. I want to be a good example to my kids, especially my girls. I don't want to get diabetes, which runs in my family.

Like Elladorine, I hate feeling trapped in my body. I think it was that claustrophoic sort of feeling that finally got me motivated to get off my butt and lose the extra weight again. That and all my clothes getting too tight, again.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #8  
...and I need to dance!

S/C/G: 176.6/144.4/140

Height: 5'3"

What keeps me going is how great I feel right now! I just feel so much better about myself for actually doing this and it's nice to feel healthy and just feel good. It's amazing how much more energy I have to do things!
SisterFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #9  
threenorns

oh - and i forgot: i 'm very very tired of peeing myself every time i laugh, cough, pick up my daughter, etc.

dr said losing the fat pushing on my internal organs will help and i really hope so cause it's embarrassing.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

I have PCOS and want to lose weight to get pregnant again because I stopped ovulating all together when my weight went over 200 lbs . Also, I have a 4y and have a total of only about 10 pictures EVER with him because I wont let anyone take pictures of me because I'm fat. That makes me so sad.
FatJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Not wanting to gain the weight back (at least gaining fat weight anyway). I worked hard! I don't want to do this again!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #12  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

I'm done hiding.

I want to be strong.

I want to be healthy. I don't want to take these meds anymore. I'm 36 for crying out loud and on 4 medications. Ugh!

I want to wear what I want. I want to do what I want. I want to travel where I want. I just cannot deal with my weight stopping me from what I want anymore. I'm fed up.
FrecklesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2"

what pushes me when i feel like giving up? i just think back to moments of dispair in changing rooms or in front of my mirror just wrestling with my belly trying to hide it. i hate that feeling. i think..do i really want to do this my whole life? search for the perfect control top? try on a billion different things trying to flatter what looks bad? it's tiring.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #14  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I love to travel, and I've never let my weight hold me back from doing so, but I would love to travel without feeling self-conscious. I don't enjoy wondering what the people seated next to me on the plane are thinking about the amount of room I'm taking up.

I got down to about 150 a couple years ago and it felt great to go places and not worry about what people were thinking. I look forward to getting back there again.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 128lbs/99/99

Height: 5' 2"

I've seen photos on the internet on "funny" sites where they make fun of ver, very large women. I'm talking 500+ pounds. I don't want to be one of those women.

I also have to worry about keeping a professional image for when I'm in medical school, and I don't want to be the one who they have to order a lab coat for because the sizes are too small.

The last one deals with fitting into some old clothing that never really fit. A lot of adorable clothing comes from Japan, but with the least little bit of fat, I can't fit into them. I'd like for them to be just a teeny bit loose on me for once. (And one skirt refuses to fit on anything less than a 24 inch waist, so I can't wait until that one fits.)
Moonsai is offline   Reply With Quote