Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Default Mariposssa...

Mariposa means butterfly. The commonly used symbol for change. I have already started making changes. This time I am really working on changes I can live with on a loooong term basis because I have lost weight, only to gain it right back WAY too many times. Now, I want to lose weight forever....forever and ever, amen.

I am currently working on a lower carb, carb cycling plan that I mostly came up with on my own. It seems to be working. I am on week 5 and I am down 14 pounds. I lost a good bit of water weight the first week of low carbs, but am averaging 2 pounds a week. I fear that I am getting past the pounds coming off easy stage so, I am here looking for support. I know from past experience, that a slow down in weight loss brings me to the edge of give it up and go home territory. I don't want to go back. I want to keep on keepin on. So, that is why I am here. I have still have a long way to go and I am hoping to get by with a little help from my friends. (My new healthy, skinny or wannabe friends @ 3FC.)
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

I'm with you there; the same thing has happened to me many times. In past weight loss attempts, when things started to slow down, I'd throw up my hands, declare defeat, and proceed to gain back everything I'd lost and then some.

I truly believe yo-yo dieting makes you bigger than you'd be had you never dieted at all.

But not anymore, and that's why this site is so great. It provides accountability, support, and people who have been through this and can help. Next time my weight loss starts to stall instead of giving up I'll change things up and see if that helps any. Sometimes shaking up your diet plan and exercise routine can be enough to break through a plateau.

You're already off to a fantastic start, so congratulations! Next time you feel like giving up, jump on here and tell everyone what's going on. I can guarantee doing that will make it a lot less easy for you to fall back into old habits.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Your plan is workin' for ya already and that's great. This IS a great place for making friends and getting lots of support. Take a look around and join in wherever you like, i.e. PCOS thread in the Dieting with Obstacles forum ...

BTW, great advice from Amy there too ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote