Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/153.6/149

Height: 5'5

Default all of a sudden...

So i am in college and live in a house with 10 (yes, TEN) other girls. they are all beautiful, funny, smart and THIN! lol. I havent really told any of them that i'm trying to lose weight...except for my very best friend who is very supportive of it. And the other thing is, I havent gotten very many comments on my weight loss (aka i got ONE). i mean, I can see it when i look in the mirror nakey but no one else was really noticing...i realize this could be because i love wearing long, loose, flowing tops.
anyways, we decided to go out last night and i got all dressed up in a pretty form fitting top. I was talking to two of my roommates and one was staring at me for a minute and then just blurted out "girrrl, you look thin as f***!" i started laughing and my other roommate was like "yeah, you do! you look great!" so i said thank you and carried on...to another room that had another 4 of my roommates. we were just standing there talking when one was like "wow, you look really nice tonight" and another chimed in "and you look really thin" then yet another was like "YEAH! you do look thin, you look great" and the last was like "omg! and look at your arms! theyre so thin!" and they went on for a couple minutes about how great i looked
it was so funny and i was just laughing because SUDDENLY all these compliments and affirmations came flooding in! it was great to hear espescially since i was just beginning to think that i was exaggerating the effects of the weight loss in my head!
anyways, just thought i would share and also to let everyone out there who is losing weight but not getting very many comments on your hard work, THERE WILL COME A TIME WHEN ALL SHALL BE REVEALED AND PEOPLE WILL NOTICE! just keep plugging away and it will all be worth it!
veggieburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

And it takes a LOT for college girlfriends (especially roommates) to say stuff like that! Congrats! I can't wait to get back to my home uni and get the compliments...and they BETTER be there! hahaha
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/153.6/149

Height: 5'5

haha! i'm sure they will be, from the looks of your ticker, you're doing an awesome job!
veggieburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #4  
threenorns

that's fantastic!!!! i'm really impressed - AND i'm glad you have the right group of ppl as bunkies.