Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #1  

Default This time i mean it!

Hi all

yes, ive posted in the past in regards to some advice on losing weight.
but sadly given the stresses, i couldnt keep up with it and went back to the bad routes of eating

can anyone please give me some advice on how to lose weight effectively along with what types of food to eat?

im vegetarian. im a jean size 38 and wish to drop alot of weight and as quickly as possible, with real commitment.

i feel disgusted at myself. i see the belly appearing now and i hate it.

i dont eat sweets or drink fizzy drinks now, maybe the odd fizzy drink but need to get rid of that habbit.

i guess its the food and meals i need to get under control and "know" what to cook/make rather than...take away rubbish.

thanks for any advice.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Good for you for not giving up.
There is a ton of information about many different food plans on this site. Pick a plan that fits in your lifestyle and you can follow long term. I chose calorie counting because it is free and flexible. It allows me to eat almost anything I wanted as long as it fits within my calorie range for the day and there are ton of free apps out there to help you track your food.
Give up the sugary drinks and drink lots and lots of water.
Incorporate some exercise into your weekly routine. You do not have to join an expensive gym try to walk more, use the stairs more, download videos off of YouTube or Hulu.com to work out to. There are a lot of things you can to do with spending a ton of money.
Lastly, if you have a bad meal, a bad day, heck, a bad food week. Do NOT let this be a reason to throw in the towel. Get back on track at the next meal. You can do this!!!
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #3  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Not sure if that is an option for you...
I used to be a vegetarian for 20 years and getting back into eating meat again was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Especially for losing weight. It is waaay easier to lose weight and feel full and satisfied when you eat meat.

Just a thought from a recovering vegetarian :-)
josey is offline   Reply With Quote