Old 03-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #1  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default Resources for the future - sites, books, tools etc.

This journey has been much more than weight loss. It was was an education. Literally. I have learned so much in recent months and I am still learning. So, I thought it might be helpful to share different resources. Basically, I am looking for ways to make the IP experience last long term. I know I can't go back to old habits and old ways of eating.

Some books:
  • Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes
  • Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health - William Davis
  • The Blood Sugar Solution - Mark Hyman

Some blogs and web sites:
Exercise (videos, tools, suggestions):
  • Zumba
  • Fitbit (pedometer/activity tracker)
  • Striiv (pedometer/activity tracker)

These are not all necessarily P1 resources but I do feel that armed with knowledge, tools and awareness we have the best chance for success in the future.

Please share your favorites. These are just a few I have pulled from being on this web site and I know there are many, many more.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
This journey has been much more than weight loss. It was was an education. Literally. I have learned so much in recent months and I am still learning. So, I thought it might be helpful to share different resources. Basically, I am looking for ways to make the IP experience last long term. I know I can't go back to old habits and old ways of eating.

Some books:
  • Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes
  • Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health - William Davis
  • The Blood Sugar Solution - Mark Hyman

Some blogs and web sites:
Exercise (videos, tools, suggestions):
  • Zumba
  • Fitbit (pedometer/activity tracker)
  • Striiv (pedometer/activity tracker)

These are not all necessarily P1 resources but I do feel that armed with knowledge, tools and awareness we have the best chance for success in the future.

Please share your favorites. These are just a few I have pulled from being on this web site and I know there are many, many more.
Another great blog is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #3  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Protein Power - Michael and Mary Eades
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Just bought 'Why We Get Fat' and downloaded it onto my Kobo. Next one will be 'The Blood Sugar Solution'. Both are definitely books I want to read.
Thx. I've read 'Protein Power' and 'Wheat Bellies'. If I become aware of others that I can recommend via this thread, I'll definitely put them here.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm always looking for new things to read and educating myself on more ways to stay healthy. I'll be sure to take a look at these!
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

bump
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Another great blog is the war on insulin. Especially good for people who exercise a lot.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I came across a youtube video today and fell into the youtube addiction watching Lean Secret's vids. I ended up buying her book and am almost half way through. I recommend it. If you just watch her videos on youtube you'll see she's very focused on whole foods, but with very low sugar and carbs. She doesn't use wheat. She is a fitness junkie and provides tons of tips for exercise as well. The book is really good so far and I finally decided to post this once I finished the chapter on sugars. She explains the role of insulin and how to properly pick out foods based on the nutritional labels. She cleared a lot of questions I had. The book is a PDF, so you can download it to your e-reader or just read it on your computer. It comes with a cookbook, grocery list, meal plans, workout plan, and a few sheets to record your data (weight, measurements, goals, etc.).
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote