Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Default Cereal bingers and a NSV!

For the longest time cereal was only something I bought with the intention of binging. I could never just have 1 bowl for breakfast and then leave it until the next morning.

For the last few months I've been eating a very plain bran like cereal. Grape and Nuts to be specific. I've not once binged or felt inclined to binge on it, and I'm loving the feeling of normality at being able to have a bowl of cereal like everyone else in the morning! I think it's a combination of it's not yummy enough to want more than a portion, and it's a low fat/sugar cereal so it doesn't start off a sugar high. It's also the first type of cereal to actually fill me up.

Just thought I'd share incase it helps anyone else. I know a lot of people struggle with cereal.

It also occured to me today, last night I took a late night detour into the kitchen. Luckily I didn't eat any extra snacks but even better, I saw there was a cake slice sitting in the fridge, and I felt 0 inclination to eat it. I'm not sure that's ever happened to me before xD

Has anyone else had any victories lately? Sharing is caring!
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 131/sig/110

lol I was a cereal binger when I was a kid. I would eat a whole box of cereal on Saturday watching morning cartoons but still I was a very skinny kid. Kind of lost it's appeal now.

Maybe limit it to once a week?
Lemongrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

I cannot keep cereal in the house for this reason. Its also my go-to drunk food, strange I know, most people eat pizza at 3am, not cheerios! Haha.
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #4  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I had a small victory tonight. I'm sick and I've eaten all my points on WW for the day and all I wanted was mashed potatoes and instead I had some green beans, a banana and a few strawberries.

I've never considered myself a binger, but I don't keep tasty cereal in the house either, it's too much temptation to eat a bowl when I know I shouldn't.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

Default cereal lover

I also love cereal and binge on it.I'm trying to buy healthier,high protein,fiber ones so I get full fast with less.My husband loves it too
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote