Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 3/18/12

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-25-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I had an expected gain on the scale from my "volume" eating yesterday. Sometimes, you just gotta feel full. My calories were good, though, so it will regulate itself.

Calories for yesterday: 1665 +
Weigh In: 147.6
Up: .8
Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #3  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Good Morning!
Sunday is my weigh in, and I lost another 2 lbs of fat. That's a total of 9lbs gone in three weeks.

Stayed clean, all week even though I had a very stressful week at work. That is a big step for me. In the past, I would have given myself the excuse to eat whatever I wanted in whatever quantity.

I'm planning to up my exercise this week, and try a new recipe.

Keep on doing it!
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning Diana! Your way of feeling of full is still pretty darn healthy!

mamakat Good job on all the walking and jogging? You go!

Erin Sorry you are feeling so bad with achiness. I can hardly imagine how horrible that is - especially while trying to raise kids.

Scale is back down this morning to 168.0 I'm a little surprised as TTOM is due tomorrow (I think), but then I don't tend to gain quite as much for TTOM as I do for ovulation. I just get super hormonal as in either grumpy or very sad. Last month it was very sad. Let's see what this month brings?

Busy day for me today as I teach.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!!

Mamakat~20 miles is a pretty big accomplishment in my book! Great job!!

qtkitty~As my knee goes, I have been expecting problems from the fall. As far as everything else (like my hand), I can't figure out any other triggers. I haven't eaten anything unusual. I thought the heat we've been having may have something to do with it but it was doing this last year when it was cold. I do have a little poison ivy on my other arm that could cause inflamation but again last year I didn't have that going on. That's the tough part of RA is that no one knows what causes it.

I hope you get a good, restful night's sleep soon. Sleep helps with everything.

Berryblondeboys~Maybe you'll make it though without much disruption.

I must have moved a lot more yesterday than I thought I did. I lost 2 pounds!! My knee is a complete disaster today though. It was a rough night sleeping because I basically had to sit up to turn over. I was having flashbacks of being pregnant. LOL!! Emotionally I'm feeling a little better. I think I'm going to be trying out a scooter at the store later. We're almost out of the basics because I had to keep putting off a trip to the store.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #6  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
I hit a new low this morning 194.4, I'm hoping it sticks for tomorrow's weigh in, we'll see.

Erin as I've learned through myself and Diana sometimes weight changes or even different lifestyles changes the way our body react to things that they never reacted to before. My muscle problems sometimes aren't affected by hot or cold weather, unless it changes drastically over night. When I was higher in weight (even just last Spring and Summer) doing stretches or yoga knocked my hip out for days. Ugh, that hurts a lot. I'm doing yoga now and I get some achiness but I haven't had a hip problem since the beginning of the school year (I still remember it vividly). But as we change sometimes our previous problems do to or we get new ones, like Diana and her allergy. I hope all heals soon and I completely understand on that co-pay thing. It's tough to take care of ourselves even when we want to.

Katie I gradually increased my mileage. Last year at this time I was on a cane and riding a stationary bike for exercise then I upped it during the summer with hikes (still on a cane...LOL.) I was quite determined. By the end of the summer, I was walking the boardwalk without a cane. It seems that once I did that, I told myself I can do anything, as far as walking. So I added walking to the boardwalk from home, another 10 mins. And just recently, I started taking the long winding hill out of the state park and swinging back home. I used to walk a lot before meeting DH and with my Ipod thingy, I just enjoy myself (way too much). But it took time to get here, but if I can...anyone can!

qtkitty it depends on the day as far as time. Since using the Ipod thingy (I seriously have no idea what it's called, but it's cool) it calculates my steps, my miles and my time. If I take it slower, I actually burn more calories, not sure how. Everything else stays the same, except for time. I can do the walk in 90 mins or there around. There's a couple of huge hills that slow me down, some days more than others. This week though, I was slow for some reason and was going up to 115mins or there about. And for some odd reason, we walked slow yesterday, usually he walks fast but I actually had to be the pacer and walk in front...that was cool My hip hurt yesterday, not sure why but then there doesn't have to always be a reason. So we might have been slow for that reason. Still 5 miles is a little over 550 and the Ipod thingy doesn't account for those hills so who knows. But that's how long it takes. I used to do to the boardwalk and back home in .5 an hour. So I needed to step up my game. (Pun intended )

I was so hoping to wake up this morning and see my 90lb loss. I'm aching for my reward. I know the moment I go into the wig store they are going to say they sold out of the one I want. Ugh, and I don't have a second choice right now. But I'm so stinking close. SO I was thinking I could take my Scots and go look today, get some opinions and maybe buy the wig on a promise I won't even take it out of the package until I hit 90...it's one stinking pound away! I really want this new wig. I gotta go buy some heads too as one wig is taking on a weird form. They are so big on me now that I have no hair, good thing they have adjusters.

OK, I have to get this stupid chapter written, I said I'd do it all week and never did. Ugh, I'm a liar! OK weird rant over

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Good morning. I am usually in the 300 + threads but am expanding, hopefully not literally, to other threads to seek even more support and be more accountable. I am using WW points plus system. I WI on Sundays and gained 1.6. I need to re-focus. I stayed within points but yesterday used all my bonus points on beer and pizza for St. Paddy's day. sigh

So in shame I enter and hope to leave with pride.

My new week begins. I will post food and exercise regularly.

mamakat-I wear wigs daily because I have alopecia and have had no body hair since I was 16 years old. I just thought I would share that since I read you were wig shopping.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #8  
Life is about balance

pluckypear this is a great place for support. At the moment, I have no hair as well. However, it's by choice. I keep it less then an inch most of the time. Do you like to wig shop? I have a shop I go to that I can get a great wig, light and very fashionable for 30 or less. My avatar is a wig. My favorite has bright orange highlights. But the one I have my eye on has lazer blue highlights. I even have one for walking in. Have I mentioned, I love wigs
Old 03-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Well I'm stepping away from the scales for about a week. I became too obsessed weighing myself multiple times a day. But today I feel my work clothes feeling a little lose so I'm excited about that! Started off with my usual work breakfast...slim fast shake! Might have some coffee later as a filler upper. Mindset for today, its going to be an awesome day! Have a great day everyone!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

mamakat. Thats such a great motivating story! Hmm might just start making 2 laps out of my 2 mile walk/jog!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #11  

mamakat-thanks for the bright and welcoming welcome. I only buy two wigs per year and they are the same wigs and they cost $500 a piece. I have experimented over the years and tried real hair, even more expensive, but am happy with good quality synthetic. I wear them daily and so they need to be durable too. But in a year they are washed out from the sun and frizzy so I must buy new. One good thing is my benefits pay for some and I can claim some on taxes.
I should branch out and buy inexpensive wigs for fun.
Did you really say 30 as in 30 dollars and not 300????? I need to look further.
I love your wig in your avatar, so fun and lovely.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 372.8

Breakfast
3 slices Asian Chicken Salad Pizza 525
Sub Total 525

Lunch
6/8 Orange 60
100 cal bag Popcorn (- 1 handful dd ate w/ lunch) 100
½ can Cherry Pepsi 80
Sub Total 240

Dinner
8 oz pork Tenderloin 260
Potato w sour cream and garlic and herb 260
French Style Green Beans with Dried Minced Onion 50
Butter Cream Icing 200
Sub Total 770

Daily Total 1535

Water 60
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #13  

I am within my points range and have 7 left. I am going to watch The Walking Dead with friends and so can have some snacks there during the show.
No exercise today.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #14  
Life is about balance

Pluckypear Don't tell my DH, but my more expensive wig looses more hair and looks rattier than my inexpensive wigs. Also I don't feel bad if I do lose hair or it gets ruined. I like variety plus they are a great reward for myself. I did say $30 or less. I hope my little wig shop never closes that's for sure. The wig in the avatar was right around 30, not more and it's very stylish. I have to admit, that the more expensive are heavier and more hair on the cap, but that means heavier and hotter. I love my cheaper wigs and no one knows that they are wigs. I get compliments on them all the time, the cheaper ones more than the expensive (that might be coincidence). But more cheaper ones means more variety and less wear on one in particular one. Like I said, I have one for walking and it's held up for six months now and that's without being washed. I seriously need to wash my wigs soon. My expensive one is looking pretty grimy. I shocked though, I thought they were fade proof. The guy that sold me my expensive one boasted about it. He did say, I'd eventually have to come in for a cut for the frayed ends. But again, because I have so many, I haven't had to worry about that yet. Look around, most definitely. Hair/wigs should be fun. You can find on line wigs for cheaper than 500.

AFM I rounded off the week with another 5 miles. Talking about wigs, I went bald. I discovered, I don't own one single baseball cap. I had to cover my head because it was very sunny out and I can't have direct sunlight on it for more than 30 mins. So I asked DS if I could borrow one of his, thinking it would be cooler. Today was sort of hot. He lent me his playboy bunny hat. I wore 2/3 of the way. I sweat like crazy in that thing! So I've made another discovery, hats are hotter than wigs because wigs breathe. Yikes, I finally said forget it and took the dumb hat off.

That brings me to 25miles this week. SO cool. I never thought I would like walking this much, but I love adding the mileage up and realizing how far I've come. I made my hip worse by walking but I have hopes all will go back to normal. I mean why shouldn't it, I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow. It only goes out when I have to get across town or when people need to come in and fix a line in the basement. Flashbacks.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

I had an opportunity to try Barney Butter today. Barney Butter is almond butter. It's made in peanut free facility and they do not use soy either. I hope I don't react to it. But let me tell you, dang that stuff is good! I haven't had peanut butter in about a year now. Dang! Just give me a spoon and a jar of Barney Butter and I will be in Heaven! I think this sample of almond butter put me over my calories today. I still need to figure it out. The little bit of almond butter or peanut butter for that matter doesn't seem worth all the calories that's in them.

Serentiy Congrats on the 2 pounds!

Berry Congrats on the scale going back down! I hope TTOM isn't very emotional for you this time. Hang in there. I think mine will be here within the week, too.

Erinrenae Great job on the 2 pounds! Sorry about your knee. I sure with it was an easy fix, although it doesn't sound like it.

Mamakat Congrats on the new low! Look at you, 25 miles! That's awesome!

Pluckypear Hi and welcome to the check-in!

KatieAlyse I only weigh one a day. That's in the morning after I get up and go tinkle. I tend to eat a volume of food during the day, so wouldn't even consider weighing any other time. I'm sure it would be shocking.

Qtkitty How are you feeling today?