Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Default I'm going to rant about my terrible food choices today.

so, i started out great today..oatmeal for breakfast with nuts, granola bar and carrots as a snack.....then got tempted by half a jumbo muffin (300 Calories) around 11am. by 1 pm, i was still full, so i decided "no problem! I'll just skip lunch and eat when i meet my friend for coffee after work!"....

fast forward to my bus ride after work and i was so so hungry and faint. i was terribly dizzy, and i had a terrible headache. the bus ride also made me nauseated. when i get to the coffee shop, i wolf down a bagel which made me feel worse!!! now i had stomach cramps on top of everything. I'm at home now, feeling sick as a dog. i stayed within my calories today, but i am never ever skipping a meal again.

aarrrghh!!!

Last edited by summerlove; 03-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/315/220

Height: 5'10

I was just thinking the same exact thing, about the terrible food choices I made today. I just keep reminding myself that tomorrow is a new day and not all is lost, unless I give up. So I won't give up.
itsjustmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Don't feel bad, I started out great too having a bowl of special K w/almond milk for breakfast and an apple but then I went over to my boyfriends house around lunchtime BEFORE I had eaten lunch and we ended up picking up some KFC, I only had a snack size bowl which is about 360 calories but I feel terrible phisically now :/
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlove View Post
fast forward to my bus ride after work and i was so so hungry and faint. i was terribly dizzy, and i had a terrible headache. the bus ride also made me nauseated. when i get to the coffee shop, i wolf down a bagel which made me feel worse!!! now i had stomach cramps on top of everything. I'm at home now, feeling sick as a dog. i stayed within my calories today, but i am never ever skipping a meal again.
In my opinion this isn't a case study of what happens when one skips a meal but more an example of what happens when you load up with sugar (muffin), and then you dumping a bagel into a nauseated stomach.

One thing to consider is changing your diet a bit to eating a lot less carbs. It takes a bit of adjustment but teaching your body to fuel itself off of fat is very beneficial for flexibility in your meals. For example - I haven't eaten anything in 12 hours and I feel great. I probably won't eat until 9 or 10 PM. Yes I'm hungry but other than that I feel super.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
In my opinion this isn't a case study of what happens when one skips a meal but more an example of what happens when you load up with sugar (muffin), and then you dumping a bagel into a nauseated stomach.

One thing to consider is changing your diet a bit to eating a lot less carbs. It takes a bit of adjustment but teaching your body to fuel itself off of fat is very beneficial for flexibility in your meals. For example - I haven't eaten anything in 12 hours and I feel great. I probably won't eat until 9 or 10 PM. Yes I'm hungry but other than that I feel super.
oh definitely. i just feel that if i hadn't decided to skip lunch, it would have stabilized me and i wouldnt be scarfing down the bagel. I've heard the carb suggestion before, but have been stubborn about changing my meals as I'm still losing weight.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote