South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday SBD Chit Chat 3/5

Ahhhhh, that's better! I did miss my Keurig this last week!

Monday, Monday. I have most of the day off, but I have to pick up the girls after school and stay for an hour or so. That will give me a chance to chat with Cindy and hear all about their trip. I didn't stay around too long last night after they got home, with all the excitement.

So I'm starting my day with an early hair appointment, and Jake informed me that I must get groceries. He claims there's nothing to eat in the house.

So how's your week shaping up?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Chating on the Beach - Monday, March 5

Wakey! Wakey! Morning came early but I am determined to get to the gym with Donna by 7:30. It will be tough as I've not done it for well over three weeks but it's time to just shake off this cold crud and get back to normal.

Great Girls' Dinner last night. The great thing about having three other women is that they really clean up afterwards. We even hand-washed the good dishes. The darn things have gold on them and are not supposed to go into the dw. They hadn't even thought of dishwashers when these were made!

Then it's off to Quilting for the rest of the morning, home to do three months flossing and then to the dentist for a cleaning. Didn't get the red bean salad made yesterday as my parsley and cilantro were mush - maybe it'll get done later today.

We are now in a cold spell and going to get more snow. However, the temps will soar on Wednesday and this snow will start to leave. Strange that I am so ready for spring after a relatively mild winter. I really think cold is healthier.

Time to jump into gym duds, tying to think of something that will do for the Quilting Meeting. Those biddies really dress up for the once a month event. Maybe I'll just throw on my pearls over my black exercise shirt.

Pop in for a coffee and share a piece of your life.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Linda, I just had 2 large mugs of coffee, so I am buzzing

I am antsy because of having to call the garage early, and describe what is going on about the car that mysteriously appeared in their lot over the weekend and then be antsy while waiting to hear about the repair$. And figure out how to get around, being car-less, for a few days.

Chickadeee, I am also curious about your SB meatloaf, is there a recipe here you use, or would you share yours?

MissusTaterHead, thanks for the chocolate commiseration I am not beating myself up, I am back on track, yay.

I promised to make some kind of food contribution for our Town Meeting Day communal lunch tomorrow..usually make cookies but I don't trust myself not to sample..I'll have to make something I don't really like, lol.

Hello to everyone else!

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-05-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Which thread to choose?!?

Ruth - sounds like you had a lovely dinner last night. I bet you'll look beautiful with your pearls on .

Cottage - Good morning! Great minds think alike...you and Ruthie posted at the same time!

I found out last night that the kids have no care today (with dad dying and work, DH signed them up...), they're closed. Guess I have to bring them to work, eh? Darned, I was going to go grocery shopping, mop the kitchen floor, and go for a run without them! Now I can make them help me clean!? (um, maybe not)

I need to go thru the recipes, and try to make out a menu this week...
Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning DW is in the shower so I have a few minutes before we get her ready and drop her at the park and ride for her second day back at work. Today she is staying 4 hours and I need to pick her up so I'll get a little work done then leave early to shop. she has a good morning.

I'll be back later but wanted to say good morning to all the early chicks.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Julie's morning at work, too. It sounds like she's coming along pretty well, thank goodness.

Twynne, do your kidlets have off school today?

Ruth, pearls over a black tee is very chic! I sure wish I could join you in your quilting group. That was so enjoyable! Take care at the gym, and tell Donna I said "hi".

Holly, I hope your car repair is a simple fix and that you get it back soon! I wish I could think of something for you to contribute for the luncheon, but my mind is blank right now.

Ok, I'm going to spend a few minutes with Amber and Tyler before Amber leaves for school and I'm out the door. Toodles for now!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm flying through this morning....I slept in...too much excitement (or cake) yesterday.

Cyndi, I hope Julie has a good day at work!

Holly, I hope your car repair doesn't break the bank...at least you'll be safe now.

everyone else!

Have a great day!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - If I was out of the house my husband would take advantage and stock up on junk food!

Ruth - Have a great workout.

Holly - That's the same plan I have for my book club tomorrow night. I'm making a new recipe with lots of nuts so hopefully that will deter me from sampling.

Twynn - Are you kids on break from school this week?

Cyndi - That's great that she's getting back to work

Debbie - Hope your birthday was great.

I'm off to they gym unusually early today for my last workout with my mom (and our trainer) before she leaves town for two weeks. I'm going to take advantage of her being gone and finally rest my calf with no lower body strength training. Still debating if I should also lay off yoga for the two weeks. It does give a good stretch but also engages my calf. I'll decide before class tomorrow.

Gotta go eat so I have time to digest. BBL. Have a great day!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all,

Running a bit late this morning but wanted to say hello! I hope you all (and Julie too) have a wonderful day!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I guess I should mention that I'm Phase One-ing starting today. After 6 straight weeks of having good intentions and then by Thursday of each week saying "Ok, no, for REAL, THIS Monday I'm eating right" I have admitted that I am a sugar addict and need a detox. So, here I am. Trying 3 recipes from the forums this week: Portabella Parmesan, Lasagna Stuffed Peppers, and Chicken (or chik'n) and Spinach Casserole. Trying the casserole tonight. It's easier to make things like that now that Anna's a vegetarian too, so I'm not the only one eating it.

Need to update the ol' tickie. Sigh. I hope everyone is well. I'm just going to curl up on my corner of this beach towel and try to be pleasant. Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 03-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lisa I'm in Ph 1ing too. The SBD flu is kicking my arse!
I have eaten a lot of OP food today but its still a lot!
I'll be putting up the scary ticker asap
Cyn How did Julie do??
Kierie
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Lisa and Kierie are back I miss you kids when you're not here!

Julie's day was good though 4 hours did kick her butt. Slow and steady, that's our motto these days. Thanks for asking.

Somehow that extra time I thought I'd have never materialized and I'm just getting some down time now Now to relax a little. We made it through another Monday!

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-06-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #13  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Linda - We love our Keurig also

Ruth - you made me LOL first with "three months' of flossing" before the dental cleaning; then ensembling pearls with workout shorts

Karen - are you allergic to nuts, or just don't like them?

Twynn - did you manage to get your kids to help you clean

Cyndi - Hope Julie had a good time at work! and that you got everything done you needed to.

Debbie - Glad you had an exciting birthday! (what kind of cake?)

Hi Jenn and sophie, MissusTaterHead and everyone else!

Well I have to tell you that there are honest and good people out there! The mechanic called me, with not-good news..a "lower control arm" broke in half. Apparently there are two of them under a car and they are important. However..he said he thought he remembered a customer months ago with a Forester, different year, same problem..and their parts were covered because of a recall notice. He suggested I check with Subaru.

I did register with Subaru when I bought this (used) car back in October..so I called, and YES there is an 'open recall' on that equipment!!! So I will be reimbursed for the cost of the parts. Which could be $1500 I called the mechanic back to tell him, and told him he got the Good Guy Award!!! He was like, 'shucks, ma'am, just doing the right thing'.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

So I had a NSV tonight
In the throws of editor induced Stress. . ."I want a cookie" followed by "I am not having a cookie!"
Closed Thread