Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs down The Scale and Weight Loss Woes

Well boys and girls,

It appears I made a big mistake, or my scale is broken.

It turns out I was not standing exactly right on the scale, and it was causing huge weight fluctuations. I do not know if I was doing it by accident little by little, or intentionally.

My correct weight is 216lbs right now. That is a far cry from 193lbs and the lowest I was getting (186lbs). This is in the morning, naked, after going to the bathroom.

What is going through my head: I feel devastated. I didn't actually lose 40lbs, only 22. Have I been losing weight all this time, or has it just been the scale laughing at me? I do not understand how I'm a size 13 yet still in the upper 200's. Should I buy a new scale? Should I keep going with this? My measurements have gone down significantly this month, but, I'm still 216.

I wanted to be bikini-ready this summer but time is up and I still have these disgusting fat pouches on my stomach. I hate them so much, I just want to see myself flat, what I never have since I've been fat since I was a kid.

I think I need some reassurance
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Is it an old scale? That sounds really weird...and if it was me i would buy a new one. Of course keep up with your diet and exercise! You are doing great!
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #3  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrangl View Post
Is it an old scale? That sounds really weird...and if it was me i would buy a new one. Of course keep up with your diet and exercise! You are doing great!
It's a few years old, digital scale, pink for breast cancer awareness. A Health-o-Meter.

I read that depending how you stand on a scale it can mess it up. I know I wasn't standing straight or exactly right before.

I might go buy one any way and compare the two and see if it's different then the old one.

Last edited by schubunny; 02-28-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Sounds like a plan. I'd think that the scale might be off a *few* pounds but not that much! Keep us updated on what you find out!
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #5  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Whoa! That sucks!

If I were you I would either replace the batteries in that scale, or go buy a new one less likely to mess with you. Scales aren't allowed to treat us that way!

Another thing to consider: since the scale is so wildly off and all over the place, your starting weight might have been higher than you thought. 22 pounds is awesome, but you might still have lost more than that.
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

It sounds like your scale is wonky and you should get a new one.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #7  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietVet View Post
Whoa! That sucks!

If I were you I would either replace the batteries in that scale, or go buy a new one less likely to mess with you. Scales aren't allowed to treat us that way!

Another thing to consider: since the scale is so wildly off and all over the place, your starting weight might have been higher than you thought. 22 pounds is awesome, but you might still have lost more than that.
Hmmm.. maybe you're right! I can't remember that far back exactly what I did, so it could have been off.

I go shopping on the weekend, so I will see what happens. Maybe they will have a dial scale I can step on to test and see.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/161/132

Height: 5'3

Check Winners out, I saw a scale there last Saturday and it was around 24 CAD. I was considering buying it, but I ended up not buying it. I still rely on my Wii console
Good luck and don't let yourself get discouraged!
dani13 is offline   Reply With Quote