South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #1  

Default Limiting Beans in Menus

One thing that I have always likes about SB are the options available, it makes it so easy to fit it into a lifestyle.

Unfortunately, I was just recently told that I need to cut back on beans in my daily menus, this is due to a slow digestion system that I have. I am worried that this will deter my life with SB, since I add beans to a lot of my meals as a good filler.

Can I be continue to be successful on SB without using beans in the plan? If so, any suggestions?
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Have you tried quinoa? It doesn't affect me the way beans do. Easier to digest, I think. Brown/wild rice is another good option as is whole wheat pasta in small quantities.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #3  

Thanks Ruth for the reply, I love Quinoa. I just need something to use as a filler instead of beans, that could be a good choice.

Thanks again.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #4  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I use Quinoa and brown rice - and as much as I love beans, I don't use them very much - not sure why.

Quinoa for breakfast with fruit and cinnamon is lovely. Two parts liquid (milk or water or both) to one part Quinoa. Bring to boil and simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in fruit (raspberries and blueberries are great) and some cinnamon. I also use a little agave to sweeten.
smarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #5  

These sure sounds good, better than my old stand by of eggs every morning. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkey View Post
I use Quinoa and brown rice - and as much as I love beans, I don't use them very much - not sure why.

Quinoa for breakfast with fruit and cinnamon is lovely. Two parts liquid (milk or water or both) to one part Quinoa. Bring to boil and simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in fruit (raspberries and blueberries are great) and some cinnamon. I also use a little agave to sweeten.