Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Question Binge eater, looking for healthy snacks.

Ahh,I've gained back all the weight I lost...but now I'm back to lose it again. One of my biggest problems was finding good, filling snacks (especially at night).

Lately I've been making a turkey sandwich with 1 slice of turkey, 1 slice of bread cut in half, and a good helping of lettuce. Another thing I've been doing is eating, especially before/after I exercise is a serving size of crackers (5), with some cut up celery and/or carrots, and some type of meat. But I make sure I have more veggies than meat or cracker. I also eat quite a lot of tuna , but I try only to use one spoonful of mayo in it (if any. Sometimes I just eat plain tuna lol), and some mustard. I guess the mustard has a lot of sodium in it, though, right? Can anyone think of anything I can sub for the mayo/mustard? (I also put onion and pickle in it..so yeah..salty)

My living situation right now means I'm low on food practically all the time, and because of a...guest...food I just bought goes missing frequently. No amount of talking fixes this, so I've resorted to keeping my own things hidden or in my tiny mini fridge in my room--but I can only fit so much.

So I'm looking for something quick, easy, and filling. Taste...not a big issue. LOL. Just as long as it fills me up.

No PB or nuts, please.

ETA:

Is my dinner hiding something I shouldn't be eating? I'm eating 2 small sushi rolls (yes it's white rice, but it's not even a seving size, plus it's in seaweed, with carrots and cucumber), some cut up carrots, some celery, and some meat. Yeah it's small, but I've only been awake a couple hours today so I'm not even that hungry.

Last edited by yhahmd; 02-20-2012 at 06:19 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #2  

I'm in the same boat...lost it and gained it all back plus a pound. But I'm back and ready again.

I like:

Triscuits with some Laughing Cow cheese wedges
or you can eat them buy themselves instead of chips or eat the laughing cow cheese by itself.

I like baby carrots, they're crunchy and sweet.

Mozzarella string cheese

Yoplait Light Yogurt
in those dessert flavors for a sweet/desserty snack

Hot chocolate made with the packs and skim milk, as a sweet treat.

Fruits: strawberries, an apple, some grapes, a banana, any fruit really

Plain or lowfat microwave popcorn in the small bags.

One of those fiber bars, they're also sweet and satisfy a sweet craving

Hummus and pita chips.

I also like to drink tea with a snack so I feel more full or I drink flavored sparkling water to make up for soda.

If I think of more I'll share, hope that helps!

Last edited by EmpressB; 02-20-2012 at 07:43 PM.
EmpressB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #3  

I looove baby carrots <3 Sometimes, I get on little carrot-kicks and eat them with practically every snack. So good.

Those are some great ideas, thank you! And i like that most of them are pretty small and easy to store/easy to hide
Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I'm not a huge fan of tuna so i bought these little cans of sardines at the store (the brand is Chicken of the Sea), just a dollar each, e-z open lid, perfect for a quick snack.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

I am a crazy desert girl, heres a couple ideas that I do.

My favorite thing to do right now is make my own ¨ice cream¨. I freeze a pot a fat free 70 calorie plain yogurt, then blend it with a handful of frozen berries and like 2 ounces of fat free milk. It makes like a cup and a half of ice cream is delicious and only about a 100 calories!

Also I do a cake in a cup. In a coffee mug I put 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons of wheat flour, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of fat free milk and a few chocolate chips (or a spoonful of cocoa powder). I microwave for 2 minutes and it makes a little cake that is hardly any calories and fills your sweet tooth.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemydoggiesx2 View Post
I am a crazy desert girl, heres a couple ideas that I do.

My favorite thing to do right now is make my own ¨ice cream¨. I freeze a pot a fat free 70 calorie plain yogurt, then blend it with a handful of frozen berries and like 2 ounces of fat free milk. It makes like a cup and a half of ice cream is delicious and only about a 100 calories!

Also I do a cake in a cup. In a coffee mug I put 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons of wheat flour, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of fat free milk and a few chocolate chips (or a spoonful of cocoa powder). I microwave for 2 minutes and it makes a little cake that is hardly any calories and fills your sweet tooth.
I might just try the yogurt one today, as we (amazingly) have yogurt in the fridge! Yummm. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Try and avoid carbs late at night and definitely don't restrict yourself so much.

I'm trying out a new snack tonight. I hear it's no chocolate ice cream, but greek yogurt + honey + chopped nuts but since you don't want nuts, maybe you could do raisins or just leave it like that.

You can have a good serving and greek yogurt is dense with protein so you will feel full. It's great for a late night snack or even just after a work out to help your muscle recover.

Also, late at night I like to have my protein shake. I know it's NOWHERE near as appetizing as a plate full of crackers and cheese would be, or even a warm meal, but notice that a shake doesn't really have any carbs which aren't great at night, and also keeps you filling full without you feeling like you've been starved. You can add a serving of fresh fruit to it (very important you dont go overboard on fruit since they are still a sugar source). Also, replace all milk with skim milk if possible.

On those nights where I feel like my stomach is a bottomless pit, I like to make popcorn. Very low in calories and so filling. Also, tea helps keep your mouth busy when watching movies - prime time for snacking. Oatmeal and cinnamon is another way to go too.

Last edited by luckystreak; 03-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote