Old 01-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 277.8/277.1/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Frustrated isn't even the word

Please help me...... I have exercised every single day for almost two weeks now and have kept my caloric intake at 1800 calories. One would think I had lost weight - nope - gained half a pound. I am in tears right now. I feel bad almost all day long because I am hungry - truly hungry - headachey, irritable, etc. What am I doing wrong???????? I have had the worst self-esteem issues my WHOLE life and this is just making things even worse.
MamaJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:57 AM   #2  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

hey there! I understand you are frusterated but know that there can be a lot of reasons for not loosing weight. If you've excersised everyday, maybe your body hasn't had time to heal and lose the water-weight that you put on from sore muscles? Have you measured yourself? Maybe you are slimming down just not in weight yet. And what kind of calories are you eating? Are they from clean food or not?

If you read around the boards here you will pick up a lot on all the complexities that surround weightloss. Though in the end is it as simple as creating a calorie deficit, there are other factors. Such as nutritions, the kind of excersise and just how your body works.

Maybe take a few days rest from the excersise, drink a lot of water, not weigh yourself for a week and eat clean and see what happens?
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #3  
Amazing will be me

TOtally understand hun , im going thru same thing this week.

Seems unfair doesnt it.

Hopefully well have a woosh of a loss next week
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #4  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

While the math does work out, unfortunately, our bodies seem to take a bit longer to show loss sometimes. You might be on track to lose 2 pounds this week but your body might have a little bloat and you might not see a loss til the next week where you see several pounds fall away, we call this a whoosh around here. We love our whooshes but it can be anxiety provoking waiting to see one.

Try to be patient, the weight will budge and you will feel fabulous!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #5  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Have you tried using an online calorie counter? I know they are notoriously inaccurate, but at least to give yourself an idea of how many daily calories you can consume to lose 2 pounds a week. Or to put in your fitness routines and estimate calories burned?
I know you will lose, and it is very frustrating not to lose when you are on plan. I am just concerned when you talk of headaches and severe hunger, I'm afraid you aren't eating enough calories.

As surprising as it may be, I lose more weight consistently when I maintain the higher end of my calorie goal.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #6  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelm View Post
I am just concerned when you talk of headaches and severe hunger, I'm afraid you aren't eating enough calories.
You might be spiking your blood sugar if you're eating too many carbs and not enough protein. When blood sugar spikes, it rapidly falls leaving a person feeling weak, hungry, and all around yucky.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #7  

Ok. This is why for years I measured instead of weighed myself. Last Summer I was doing crazy amounts of exercise and I also gained weight, but my waist shrank. MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT.

Also be absolutely sure that you measure every little thing you eat or drink.

The other thing this could be is your body needs to do a refeed/cheat day. Here, roughly, is the theory on this that I read. Our bodies can use three sources of energy, not just fat. It can use protein from muscle, glucose or fat to get energy so if it thinks you won't be eating enough to support more muscle (ie low cal diet) it will eat the muscle instead of/as well as fat. Muscle uses energy even when resting so by reducing muscle before fat we can live longer. So this is why body builders have alternate days of low cal with protein and occasionally seriously high cal. Google refeed/cheat day. I hope that this helps.
Intotouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #8  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

It takes about 3-4 weeks of constant exercise and calorie counting for me to lose any weight when starting calorie counting after taking a break. Also, your body is just getting used to exercising so its holding more water in its muscles. I gained 2 pounds in my first 2 weeks, but after my body got used to the exercises, it turns out I actually lost 1.5 pounds!

You should also measure yourself as others have suggested. I thought I had not lost any weight due to my pants still fitting the same as well as my shirts. It turns out i lose weight in my arms and in my butt! I was happy that I had measured myself since it was a boost and made me realize that I am actually shrinking, despite my clothes still fitting the same.

Are you positive you are eating 1800 calories? A lot of people can do not measure their food, so their calorie counting is WAY OFF!. Make sure you measure everything. Your NET calories shouldn't be less than 1400 for someone your current weight. That means If you eat 1800 calories, you DO NOT want to burn more than 400 calories during exercise, otherwise your net calories would be to low.

Hopefully the weight will vanish within the next few weeks! Keep going!!!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I redesigned my diet/life again at the beginning of the year. I am eating 1800 (net) calories at least. I am training in Taekwondo 3 days/wk and I am doing the Couch 2 5K 3 days/wk. At first my body dropped water (4lb), then I gained (not changing my routine), this week I am down 2.6. I don't know why, but it's been stressful!

If you are really training make sure you are eating afterwards, get some good protein in your body. Track faithfully for a week and see what happens. I love myfitnesspal for tracking both food & exercise. It figures out your net calories and is easy to use (even has an app). GL!!!!
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #10  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Sometimes when we do it all right, it just doesn't add up....then there are times when we didn't do so great, and show a loss. Weird.

Are you PMSing? Is TOM due? Could be that if so.

You have to stay the course another week and see what happens. If the scale moves, good. If not, then you have to re-examine your program.

I was on WWPPlus and by the 9th weigh in I lost 4 pounds and boy was I mad! I started counting calories instead and successfully took off 16 more pounds.

Change your diet and/or exercise program if you have to, but do not throw in the towel. The results WILL come.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote