South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:15 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, December 29

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind my starting up bright and early! I am still awake and figure I will be sleeping well into the next few hours of morning when you all are getting up so why not get a jump on it?

Tomorrow is work day - presentation and a few smaller things to get done. Friday, I am going shopping! I am so excited to see what size I am. Getting pants that fit me are going to be a great start to 2012! I might even buy a suit for that presentation...

to all. I will check in around noon when I am waking up and having my first cup! Enjoy the day.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Beachie Chicks I've got my first cup of coffee for the day and making my list. I need some Cottage morning energy because there's cleaning to do around here.

Jenn- Hope you're back to sleep for real. Feeling any better?

What a difference a day makes! DW passed the swallow test with flying colors and was taken off all tubes and IVs last night. I ran out and got her cottage cheese, applesauce and a banana for last night. Today I'm bringing crustless tofu quiches (think egg muffins with tofu) and two smoothies loaded with protein. I suspect that if she can get a decent amount of food down they will let her out of there tomorrow. Her speech still isn't back but as she gets stronger it will get better too.

Time to get going around here. Happy Thursday, it's almost the weekend!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #3  

Good Morning,

Jenne, have fun shopping, how fun. But take it easy and stay well.

Cyndi, such good news, day by day.

I am so glad it is Thursday. I am going to work real hard today just to make the day go fast. My thumb doesn't like my paper shuffling, so it is swollen, but not much I can do about that. Can't wait for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Pleasant dreams, Jenne, and sleep well! You'll need it for your exciting shopping excursion tomorrow. Are you finally starting to feel better?

Cyndi, thank goodness Julie is finally starting to turn the corner and the news is encouraging! You are her angel, to be bringing her delicious, nutritious meals to speed her recovery.

I got slammed with a headcold yesterday, and my energy is zilch right now. But I will persevere! We never did make it to the skating rink, the girls were busy stringing long ropes of stale popcorn with orange slices and cranberries to loop around the trees for the birds and wildlife all morning, then we made homemade ice cream with their new ice cream maker after lunch. With all my sniffling and sneezing, I'm thankful I didn't have to spend the day in a freezing cold skating rink!
Cindy and the girls are leaving early for a foxhunt in MD this morning, so I'm going to help Susie put away her Christmas decorations and clean her house, then I'll walk down to the big house and wait for my girlies to get back. They'll be cold and tired, so we'll just snuggle up and watch a movie for the rest of the day. I rescheduled my hairdressing appointment for tonight, although I sure don't feel like going. It will be good to have tomorrow off!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

Jenne, I hope you went back to bed and got some sleep! Being awake in the middle of the night stinks!

Cyndi, Hopefully you and Julie will spend New Years Eve at home with the cats!

Chickadeee, Great new picture!

Linda, You have such clever ideas! Wonder if Auston would like to make strings for the birds? I'll ask him!

Today is my Friday. Another 4 day weekend! Woohoo!!! It will be another busy weekend. Friday night, dinner with friends. Saturday night, New Year's Eve with SIL's family. Sunday, New Year's Dinner at MIL's house, but I'm cooking. I'll need Monday to recover!

I'm getting my hair done this afternoon. My roots look real bad. I am amazed at how much gray I have in my hair! Thank goodness for Anita and Miss Clarol!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

this morning as I am off to have breakfast at the Diner with friend Liz. She and her tribe are off to Southern Ontario for NY weekend which seems to start today for some reason. Back later.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ETA: 9:00 AM - That was quick. They are now off to the wilds of Southern Ontario aka The Banana Belt.

Jenne, I hope you are still snoozing and that this cold - or whatever - is planning to leave soon.

Cyndi, that sounds good for Julie. I hope she is home soon and you can be totally in charge of taking care of her. What a long haul for you both!

Chickadeee, I thought of you first thing this morning when your wee namesakes were gobbling breakfast at the feeder. I love those wee birds. None of them had sore thumbs.

Cottage, you do not deserve a cold (Does anyone?) so please cherish yourself a bit. Um ... did you "sample" the homemade ice cream? Confess now!

Had a lovely dinner with Rob and John last night. We did have a laugh as the wine I brought was called "Girls Night Out", not quite the thing to bring to a gay couple. The meal was Chinese take-out which suited me fine as neither of them are exactly gourmet cooks. It was a nice relaxing evening admiring their tree and rehashing the Christmas Eve party. Their three cats adore me so I am a bit sniffly this morning from allergies.

After three days of goofing off a bit, I've got my groove back and have a list for today. I've finally balanced and tallied the Mill money from the Celebrate the Season" events and will get to the bank today. I have a safe but still don't like having several $K in the house. When in the next village, I'll shop for some greens as I have a yen for salads after all the holiday dips and pates. I did not eat a single cookie or square this year.

Thant may change tonight as Anna is having her debriefing event where we discuss the "Celebrate the Season" and changes we should make for next year. She also puts out all her baking. However, her DD reassures me that she does have cheese and veggies so I will probably be able to eat my way around things. She serves tea instead of wine which helps.

Time to finish my third coffee and get on with the day. Hmm - guess I should do a January Weightloss Target thread too. Ouch!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. After a week of being a zombie, I had a little burst of energy last night and got laundry done and put away and my bedroom straightened up. So hopefully I've turned the corner. Working today, and going to run a few errands later and stop and check in on DD1, who is now also sick. Food has not been totally on-plan, but also not terrible as I've had no appetite. Too many grains though.

Cyndi, wonderful news about Julie! I sure hope you two will be snuggled in at home by the weekend.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi chicks,

I got a good 6 hours in which is the most I've gotten in weeks! So excited!!!

These meds seem to be breaking things up so I am feeling a bit better. At least enough to go shopping!

Cyndi - Great news about DW! You are a rockstar!!!
Schmoodle - Send me a little burst would ya?
Chelby - have fun getting your hair done!
Chick - hope you get some ice on that thumb!
Cottage - get well! Seems like the crud is going around!
Closed Thread