UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #1  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Default UK Fat Chicks - Skinny in 2012?

Hi All,

After a great start to 2011, I thought and hoped it'd be my year to find the inner me! However, life got in the way and I stumbled half way through.

I'm now ready to finish what I started in 2012, and thought it'd be great to have a thread in here for us UK chicks to share our journeys throughout the year?

So, who's in?!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #2  

I'm in. I'm concentrating on exercise, and eating sensibly to fuel that. I am running/walking/waddling a 10k raising money for Tommy's in May, so that's my main focus. Weight wise, I am 15lb down since sign up 1 month ago which I am expecting to slow down though. I'd love to lose another 35lb by May, and then I've got 50lb to go to reach my "goal".
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #3  

Hi,
I'm definitely in! I was desperately hoping that 2012 would be the first year in a long time where "lose weight" didn't have to be one of my resolutions. Sadly it doesn't look like that's going to happen. It will be the last year though!
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 AM   #4  

Hi Kykaree! Nice to have you onboard! I think your 10k in May is a great motivator to keep you going! I've got a friends wedding in April as my first big goal of the year, I'd like to be a lot fitter, healthier and skinnier by then! All of us girls have agreed to do posh frocks and hats and the works, and I really don't want to be the fat one. I want to, for the first time in a long time to enjoy going shopping for clothes and feel good in what I wear!

Hey Eryn! Good to see you here! 2012 is sure to be your year, at least you've been moving in the right direction recently, unlike my yoyoing ways, argh!

I'm going to get Crimbo out of the way, and then NO MORE EXCUSES!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hi everyone, I'd love to be a part of this! I was hoping to have lost 50lbs by Christmas, but I allowed myself to make excuses and never quite made it. My new aim is to lose 40lbs (70 in total!) by mid June, when I'm going away for a girly weekend and hopefully this time next year, I'll be almost at goal! I am so ready to get back on track: I've been stuck at the same weight for 12 weeks now!

It sounds like you all have great goals too. Anybody have any tips to share? Good luck!
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm in. 2011 has been a year of big changes for me, but I've kept plugging away at it and am just 16lb from target.

I've tried losing before sooooo often but have always fallen off the waggon and given up. This time I'm so focussed and determined, and now so close, that I know I'll do it. Every little victory spurs me on more. 2012 is going to be OUR year
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #7  

Hi Aseret123, good luck on making your June target! At the moment I've no tips, as I'm completely off the wagon, buuuutttttt I do know that by keeping up an active membership on here, I WILL get back on track in the New Year, and I'm really looking forward to it! I think it's important to have goals, but also important to change them when life gets in the way. Previously, if I'd have wobbled as much as I have over the past few weeks, I'd have just thrown the towel in completely and have decided i was bound to be fat forever, put on tons more weight and then had it to deal with at some point in the future.

However, this time, I'm letting myself have a break and get my head in order, but I in no way have any thoughts of completely giving up, so, progress is defo being made!

Elliemar - Well done! You're so so close to your goal, 2012 will soooooo be your year Your plugging away attitude is great!

Merry Crimbo x
Old 12-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Thank you takingcontrol I'm sure you'll be back on the wagon in no time! How was everyone's Christmas? Did anyone resist temptation and behave? I know I didn't!
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 193/193/154

Height: 5' 9

Smile

Hi there everyone!

Please count me in! i really feel that 2012 will be the year for me...it has to be! Its been 4 years now and that baby weight needs to go, go, GO!
I deserve it and i know thats its up to me to do it for myself, so bring it on!

Good Luck everyone
timetodoit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:38 AM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Please count me in too.

I am 12 stone 6 wanting to get to at least 9 stone, possibly 8 by the start of august. 9 stone is 48lbs away so definately achievable.

2011 has been a bit of a nightmare year really - what with eating choices and family death. so 2012 is the year, and what better year for it than the Olympics year!

We can all do this!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:33 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

I'm in!!! 2012 is going to be the year I get slim dammit!!! I spent most of 2011 feeling fat so it's high time I got on the slim train! I only have just over a stone to get to my target weight (lost two and a half stone since June) and I hope to get to target in the first quarter of 2012. Good luck everyone!
Macadamia Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #12  
i will not quit!!

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5ft 6

im in too! ive been trying to lose weight for the past few years but seem to get no where due to losing motivation. im currently a size 20 at a wopping 15stone and a little extra (217lbs) aqnd im hoping to get down to a size 10 and be at 9stone ish (135lbs) i know its gonna take alot of effort and hard work but surely if we all motivate each other and believe in our selves anything is possible?
makemeskinnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #13  

Happy new year everyone!

My christmas was definitely a greedy one and I knew I was going to gain so I set myself a limit of a 3 lb gain... which I went over! I'm giving myself the rest of this week to do a little damage control and then I'll have my first weigh in of the year next sunday.

How's everyone doing? I always find January is a terrible time to diet because it's cold and miserable and the house is still full of chocolates from christmas!
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #14  
Fighting the bulge!

S/C/G: 186/182/126

Height: 5 ft 8

Hey! I'm in! We can do it!
KatieLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 AM   #15  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Definitely in!

2012 is a big year for me, I'm finishing university and going into the big bad world to find work as an actress. I've realised if I'm ever gonna get my weight sorted out, it's going to be now.

I've got several goals to aim for. First one is next week! Having my headshots taken and I want to have lost 2lbs. Definitely do-able.

Then there's my final performances in March and April, my cousin's wedding in May, leaving uni in June, my 21st birthday in October...Bring it on is all I can say!

Good luck to everyone!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote