Old 12-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #1  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Default Lacking motivation?

I took a long absence from this site because of real life and am now back. In my absence I managed to get to 243 lbs then in he 2 weeks since thanksgiving ballooned back up to 253 :\ I haven't really been eating right at all Its like I'm lacking motivation. Ive had lots of candy, sweets, carbs etc. With my PCOS that is a recipe for disaster. I can't seem to get back into the swing of things :\. I know someone whos wife wasnt much older than me and recently died from complications that have to do with her diabetes and my PCOS is a precurser to diabetes. She was massively overweight, but this doesn't seem to phase me why? I hit a plateau in september and Just haven't been motivated since :\ Any suggestions? I know i need to lose the weight and I WANT to lose the weight I'm just kinda Eh right now. :\
Thanks in advance!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Just take it one meal at a time. Make a good choice. Go out and get some excerise. I'm finding that when I excerise, I feel less inclined to cheat on my plan The holidays are difficult. For the week leading up to, and week of thanksgiving I blew my entire plan. Just now got back down to where I was before. You just have to start eating right again. In a week or two, when you start seeing results again, you'll be glad you did Keep us posted in how your doing....When I had a gain around thanksgiving, I didn't touch my scale for a week. Just kept making good food choices, and when I weighed I saw I was getting back on track...Good luck You can do this
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

yes, the holidays are a tough time eating wise. I've been doing so yo-yo'ing these couple of weeks. lots of temptations around. do you like to exercise? that helps me get back in the swing. having good snacks, apples and oranges are great right now. pick some good stuff to make that fits your plan.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #4  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

I find when I exercise meaning planned exercise, I don't lose. Go figure. If I just work it in to my daily routine like on my way to classes etc, I do lose. But any more than that and I'm out the window on weight loss. I have no clue why this is. I have tried upping my cals etc. Still, no losses :\
Old 12-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/on my way/145

Height: 5'7

You have done so well! It is ladies like you & other's on the forum that have helped ensure I walk at least 30 minutes a day this past week even if my eating is not what I'd like. I would say lacking motivation is the #1 reason most people don't make their goal. I suggest sitting back & re-evaluating your goals. You've come this far!
sunray077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 258/266.5/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with sunray077....just look at your ticker....you have come so far and have much to celebrate! Set mini goals each day. What would be something that you would like to accomplish that put you on track? Then stretch it out to 2 or 3 days or maybe a week. I know its hard, but we are all here for you!
lablover1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #7  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Thanks all HUGGSSS<3 the hardest part is I let myself slip back into eating refined carbs and sugars and need to detox from all that agian but its sooo hard! Dang insulin resistance!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I haven't figured it out either. I just want to be motivated but I'm just not. Sometimes I sit on my couch trying to will myself to move and I don't. I wish I would do even just one or the other, eat right or exercise. I really want to do both. But I just don't. I can't figure it out. I know what I need to do. I'm intelligent. I know that I've got major health issues and feel miserable. Yet, I just am not motivated.

I know that this isn't much help, but I understand where you're coming from. I hope that you figure it out as much as I hope that I figure it out. Good luck!
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote