Old 11-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default All these bones...

I wanted to post this in the 100lb club because hopefully there are others here who understand how it feels going from a very soft body composition to one that's all... sharp and pokes you! It's been so long that I've been at this weight that I'm pretty shocked about how aware I am now of my bones.

When I try to sleep it's hard to get comfortable... on my side my knees knock together and on my stomach I can feel my ribs poking into me. Today my bra strap slid close to my neck and made collarbones hurt! I like to walk with my hands in my pockets but then I can feel my hip bones moving while I walk and it freaks me out.

I doesn't help that my joints are crappy and I can hear my knees/back popping all the time. So it just makes me that much more aware of my joints and bones. I'm insane, right?

Seriously, is anybody else bothered by this too? I have more weight to lose but, man, it kind of freaks me out that I'll probably be able to see my ribs soon (as is I can see the outline but not the individual ones) and I'm pretty sure it's going to make wearing bras even more uncomfortable (I really need tight bands to support my bust!). How long did it take you to get used to these things??????

Oh, and DD has been complaining that she doesn't want me to exercise because my belly won't be soft anymore (and she likes to lay on it). I definitely like my appearance more but I just feel so awkward in this body!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I may not have 100 pounds to lose but I do know how it feels to go from being pretty soft to suddenly having bones here there and everywhere.

Every time I bump my hip it really hurts now because I hit my hip bones! I'm so not used to that ! I've bumped into things before but now I really have to watch it.

I can see individual ribs now, which is weird and one of the reasons I decided to stop soon. More and more bones are sticking out and I think I'm near the end.

Sitting is also less comfortable since there is practically nothing cushioning the bones now. I used to have a rather...ample cushion there, so this is something I'll have to get used to.

I feel so odd in my own body sometimes! I'm getting used to certain things (my hipbones mainly, since they "appeared" about 15 pounds ago) but other things just seem so odd to me.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #3  
June

sontaikle- you're definitely allowed to post.

I forgot about sitting too! I need to buy pants with built in cushion or something. Oh, and as I type this my elbows are driving me nuts as they rest on the desk. Grr...

Yep, and odd is a good way to put it. It's funny because the image of myself in my head was always smaller than I actually was in reality. Now that I am smaller my body doesn't feel like my own.

Last edited by runningfromfat; 11-29-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #4  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Haha I can't WAIT! I'm noticing subtle things like my rib cage out line and my hip bones. I love hearing the changes, it gives me something to look forward to! LOL As crazy as that sounds I can't wait to poke myself with my bones hahahaha
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #5  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

I know what you mean, it's odd having to get used to your own body again.
I've noticed it mostly when i'm lying on the floor - there are hip bones there and if i'm lying in a crunch position, my thighs look 'small' to me. I've actually just stopped and looked at them for a minute or 2 just thinking well WTF!

Pretty interesting to watch, more so that I'm actually notcing these things now
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I talk about this with the hubs all the time. The pokey bone issue is WEIRD and I am having a hard time adjusting. I slump when I sit, and I notice now my skin hurts on the INSIDE from where my spine is poking out. I also get these weird bruises on the outside of my elbows; before when I walked into things (I do this often) my padding absorbed the shock. But now it's bruise city! The knees knocking during sleep is a pain. I often just tuck the covers between my them a bit now and it solves the issue for the most part.

I have never been this thin (except when I was 10 and my parents forced me on Herbalife for a few months) so this is all new and weird to me. And yes, like you it grosses me out.

All in all though, best problems ever, amirite?!
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #7  
June

Oh yes, I'd definitely prefer to have this problem than where I was before.

that being said, I get more bruises too! I never thought about the connection there. Craziness.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #8  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I noticed that muscle helps to cushion the bones but not as much as fat. Looks much better in my opinion, though!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

My main exercise is yoga/pilates, which requires a lot of lying down and sitting. During my entire routine, all I can think is, "gosh, my tailbone hurts!" It keeps moving and poking me and is just all around uncomfortable. I also notice that when I'm lying on my side, my hip bones hurt. I love seeing and feeling my collarbones, but as for the rest of my bones, they can stay hidden.
princessgina00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

It's been 14 months since I reached my current weight and have finally gotten used to all of it except the darn tailbone!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #11  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I don't know how old you are, or how long you were heavy, but it was probably a lot longer than you've been thinner?? It'll take some time but like all things, you'll get used to it and won't even notice it anymore!!

I thought for sure I had tumours and was dying because the bones in my upper chest freaked me f**k out so much LOL apparently "collar bones" are not terminal
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #12  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Oh my lord! I have never been thin, so I didn't even know about this! Well, something to anticipate and look forward to, I guess. Maybe I'll get a new mattress by the time I reach goal weight, one with a soft pillow top.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #13  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

As I was reading this, I was running my fingers along my collar bones. That's something I've been doing a lot the last couple of weeks; it's like - what the **** are these things? I'm glad they're not terminal!

And I've also lost a lot of cushioning in the derriere region. I have a hard time sitting on my kitchen stools for long.

But, yeah, a good problem to have.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #14  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Oh my gosh, I totally get what you mean! I went from obese to normal weight (for the first time EVER!!!) in like 8 months, and it was CRAZY!!! (I did gain some back - ugh - working on that now).

At my lowest weight in the normal range (not too far, but like 10 lbs below the normal mark), I could see each rib when I raised my hands over my head! I had dents in the inside of my knees! My hipbones poked way out when I laid down! My collar bone cast a shadow!

I cannot WAIT to see what it's like when I reach goal! I'm as excited as you are!

Personally, I love how bones look on me. I went so long without seeing them at all (freaked me out when I first felt my hipbones), and I think they're just lovely.

I'd rather have my body be pokey like that than as covered as it was before. I used to feel claustrophobic under all my flesh - not no more! Well, not much. It'll get better. For me, I want to be comfortable and like how I look. The latter is easier than the former - I don't like how...idk, heavy and stuffed I feel when I'm bigger.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

I'm just starting to notice this too! My bf puts his arms around my rib cage and hugs me and it hurts! I actually feel kind of fragile...
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote