Old 11-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #1  
back on track

S/C/G: 175/175/135-145

Height: 5'6.5"

Question top 5 IPD packet favs (not including restricted foods)

Okay, so this is the end of my 2nd week and everything I have tried aside from the chocolate drink mix has tasted not so desirable to me (even when I added spices and extracts). So far this is what I have tested:

- Chocolate Drink Mix (loveddd)
- Chocolate Pudding (didn't like the after-taste, but it wasn't horrible)
- Crispy Cereal (something about the "milk" flavor was really gross to me)
- Cream of Chicken Soup (not bad, but the texture bothered me- I am hoping this is just temporary though and I will get used to it)
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup (tasted exactly like the title claims, but I am not a broccoli cheese fan normally)

For those that do like broccoli cheese soup, the IPD version tasted like the real deal, so I would highly recommend it!

When I did my weigh in today, I asked if the Wildberry Yogurt, Tomato Basil Soup, and Peach Mango Drink Mix were good- but they said they had bad reviews on them and a lot of returns? Is that pretty unanimous or do any of you disagree? It was recommended that I don't do restricted foods yet, so please don't tempt me by listing those! Haha the bars look sooo good. If you want to include restricted foods, maybe make two "Top 5" lists (one for restricted and one for non-restricted).

Lastly, has anyone noticed or heard of differences in success levels when restricted foods are added?

Oh, is it just me or does the WF Chocolate Syrup taste awful? I am wondering if I got a bad bottle perhaps...
April2Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #2  

Default Favourite IP packets

I will be finished Week 1 tomorrow, can't wait for my weigh in.

My favourite IP packets so far are:

Vanilla Pudding
Mango Drink (prepared)
Chocolate Drink
Cappuccino drink is OK!!

The Plain omelet is OK but I need to add more spices to it.

Having a really hard time with soups.
Just finished a bowl of Chicken. I ate it but didn't enjoy it.
Mushroom is OK
Leek - I hated. Had to throw away. YUCK!!!

Even SALAD is getting boring. Yikes how I'm going to get by.

I mixed Banana and Chocolate pudding together and that made the chocolate pudding taste better. (makes to portions.)

Can't wait to have some of the restricted foods.

Karen
kt990103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/185/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by April2Joy View Post
-
When I did my weigh in today, I asked if the Wildberry Yogurt, Tomato Basil Soup, and Peach Mango Drink Mix were good- but they said they had bad reviews on them and a lot of returns? Is that pretty unanimous or do any of you disagree? It was recommended that I don't do restricted foods yet, so please don't tempt me by listing those! Haha the bars look sooo good. If you want to include restricted foods, maybe make two "Top 5" lists (one for restricted and one for non-restricted).
Oh, is it just me or does the WF Chocolate Syrup taste awful? I am wondering if I got a bad bottle perhaps...
WF Chocolate syrup.... is horrible... I use the Choc Dip to add to the Choc pancakes. I also think the Tomato soup is gross.

After 6 weeks I finally started using IP in receipes. It's a whole new world!

I love the Wild Berry Yogurt shake - my favorite and the Peach Mango Drink is pretty good.
I also love the herb omelet... because the size of it is more like a meal...add mushroom and peppers.
I prefer the mushroom soup over the other's but I add veggies and cut the water in half for more creamy soup or sauce.

I use the puddings in tea, coffee, and today I made the Banana pudding into Zucc muffins!!!!! There is a thread that contains receipes I found that FinnSteven's are really good.

As far as restricted items... I have not heard about that. Doesn't seem right.

Good luck
Dee
auntdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

I enjoy the wildberry yogurt for breakfast every morning. I use 300ml of water and let it sit on my desk or in the fridge for 1/2 hr before drinking - quite refreshing
I like the herb omelette but add celery, mushrooms and fry it up. I cook this the night before and heat it up at work in the microwave - quite filling.
The two soups I like are broccoli and cheese and chicken, I add 1 cup of steamed cauliflower or broccoli to the soup prior to heating it up - makes it more satisfying.
I make the jello into two cups and once set add the vanilla pudding on top - this makes two snacks.
I have used the rice cereal as a pancake but it tastes like cardboard, it may be better if I had rhubarb to put on top.
I have also used the vanilla pudding as a shake, add about 300ml of water and let it set before drinking - I couldn't stand the after taste the chocolate drinks have

Hope that helps - best of luck
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I've been eating the bars since the begining and I'm very happy with my WL. Just don't eat them at bedtime. Those are the only restrictives I've tried. The bars have become my standard breakfast most days. I also enjoy the egg mix, the chocolate and vanilla RTD, the chicken and mushroom soups, and the milk chocolate and vanilla puddings. Right now my favorite dessert before bed is the vanilla pudding milkshake with some cinnamon or pumpkin all-spice mixed in. I do like the mango smoothies a lot, but they are pretty expensive for only 4 of them. I also like the wildberry yogurt drink if put in the blender, but didn't like the tomato soup at all. I didn't like any of the other drink packets you have to mix. I really do like most of the food except for the drink mixes.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/173/150

Height: 5'6

I love the wild berry yogurt, raspberry jelly (jello)... herb omelet ( add bell peppers and mushrooms, little hot sauce)..

lunch items aren't my fav.. but I do prefer the tomato basil soup and the spaghetti.

My coach gave me a IP choc. chip cookie last week, OMG I felt spoiled! And it was large, filled me up for lunch time. My sweets craving was totally satisfied.
leesa88210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/151/130

Height: 5'3

My faves so far week 3 are the RTD Vanilla and RTD Chocolate, Chocolate, Butterscotch and Vanilla Puddings, Ready to drink Mango drink, Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom soup, Raspberry jello, Soy nuts all flavours, and the WF marshmallow, WF BBQ Sauce, and lastly the WF Caesar Dressing. Those are my favs. Now you don't want to know the ones I hate do you? YIKES.
brownbebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #8  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

You will figure out what you like and you will immediately know what you hate. The others, you will eat because you have them and you have to eat something...
I like:
Chocolate drink mix or RTD chocolate. The mix is very good nuked, hot chocolate.
Wildberry yogurt mix. If you drink it right after you mix it, the berries are still crunchy, best to let it sit in the fridge for at least 10 mins or so.
Cappuccino. By itself, I find it too sweet. I cut it with coffee and make 2 really nice sized coffees and I'm really full.
chocolate pudding. It serves its purpose. Makes me full, not horrible. Add cinnamon to make it taste better.
crispy cereal eaten as cereal. Add cinnamon to make it taste better.

Those are my top 5. I eat other things sporadically because I have them and they don't make me gag. The soups are horrific IMO. Walden Farms products are horrific and I don't eat any of them, ever! I eat oil and vinegar on my salad with pepper and sea salt. I don't use Mio or any other flavorings in my water. I drink water and coffee, that's it.

I haven't tried many of the restricteds because my clinic doesn't allow them at all in phase 1. I have gotten a friend at a different clinic to buy some for me and they were really good: chili, chocolate soy ball things, southwestern puffy things. I have subbed in Atkins Advantage bars and they are really good, the cookies and cream bar is my fave, followed closely by the peanut butter chocolate one. Yummy!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Height: 5'2"

so I have tried almost all of the packets except the jello and mango rtd shake and I can honestly say I order the same every week - chocolate rtd shakes and one restricted and so far the only 2 restricteds I like are southwest chips and chocolate soy puffs. I do however have a tomato allergy so there are some items I can't try.
hwmgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #10  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

My favorites changed from the begining but at the end they are

Herb and spice Omlette
Broccoli and Cheese soup - use it for a sauce on every veggie
Peach Mango drink
Blueberry Pommegranate drink
Chocolate pudding - add davinci to it for different flavors favorite is black cherry syrup, tastes like the cherry blossoms chocolate bar.

Before liked the tomato basil (after adding things to it) crepes (had pizza every week) and of course the chips and bars but they are restricted.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #11  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

If you can try to try each of the packets to find out what YOU like, but I'll also say keep and open mind after several weeks your taste buds change and you may find you like and then may dislike it later. I for one thought the lemon pudding tasted exactly like Pledge furniture polish (that as my first IP packet too). I didn't care for the "pancakes" or the soups, but I'm good with all the drinks and puddings except for the Lemon. Love the Dk Chocolate pudding and the Cappuccino drink mix.

Also, find the thread on the Torani & Davinci Surgar Free syrups.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #12  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

I have to say my taste buds have changed too. I used to like the chicken soup now not so much. My top 5 unrestricted would be;
choc. drink
cappuccino
berry yogury drink
van. & choc. RTD
vanilla pudding to make a shake or waffle

Oh I also like the tom. basil soup now over broc., cauliflower or zuchini.
SarahDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #13  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

It's so funny how everyone's tastes are different. Here are my favorite non-restricted:
1. Chocolate Drink
2. Cappuccino Drink
3. Blueberry Pomegranate Drink
4. Pink Lemonade Drink
5. Chicken Soup

For restricted I like the caramel nut bar, the peanut butter puffs, and the cheese puff things. I HATED the wildberry yogurt drink and the omelet.
Fizzyizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

My top five non restricted are:
Chocolate Drink - especially warmed up a real treat
Vanilla ready made pudding
Raspberry jello
Cheese omelette - i put spinach in it and sugar free ketchup - it is so filling
Broccoli cheddar soup
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #15  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

S/C/G: 184/163.6/130 Date:7/14/15

Height: 5'2" Mints: 4/27: 45/39/45.5 6/1: 44/37.5/43.5 6/28: 43/36.5/43.5

I'd say my best tip is to check out FinnSteve's recipes and try some on the packets you don't like so far. Recipes from Finland are packed w/ great packet hacks.

My faves are:
Dark chocolate pudding: I eat as pudding, made into pudding "cakes", and with 2 cups of water added then drink as a hot cocoa (and sometimes as a hot cocoa w/ added coconut extract - it reminds me of a melted mounds candy bar). This is really my favorite way to do both the dk chocolate and vanilla.
Chocolate pudding: I use this for waffles with added cinnamon.
Vanilla pudding: I use this only when I add orange extract. Then I use as both the above.
Raspberry jelly: A real lifesaver for me. I add orange extract sometimes.
Blueberry cranberry pome drink: The only one I actually shake and drink.
Both omelet mixes are good, especially w/ added sauteed mushrooms. You can make them omelets, scramble or cook very thin to make mock burrito skins for wraps!

My WORST was: Tomato Basil soup

I'm currently trying to use my chicken soup in other ways, as of last week I HATE it. I initially loved it and have 5 boxes. Pureeing veggies into it helps, as well as using less water to make a gravy consistency for veggies. FinnSteve's soup and veggie patties are neat.

When you do get to have bars and treats: Watch out for the malitol items. They made everything real "loose" for me.

Last edited by flvamp; 11-17-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: add omelet
flvamp is offline   Reply With Quote