General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #1  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Question Do you use a digital or analog scale?

Hi everyone!

My scale is on its last leg (apparently I've gained 7 pounds in the last week eating less than 1500 calories and exercising, and it isn't TOM), so I'm on the hunt for a new scale.. assuming it's the scale that's broken and not me.

I always assumed analog scales were more accurate, but, from what I can see online, digital ones are apparently best because they don't have fragile springs and things that can break easily.

So, now I want to know.. what kind of scale do you use? Any recommendations for me?

Last edited by pinksparkles; 11-06-2011 at 02:23 PM.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162.5/150s/125

Height: 5'3 1/2

I use a digital scale that's about 10 years old (it only measures to the nearest .5 - that's how old it is). It seems to still be very accurate (I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and tested it against the weight from my doctor's scale - they matched). I doubt they still make the same model, but the one I have is by Taylor and was pretty cheap.
Dani84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I have both an analog and a digital scale because I finally replaced the battery in the digital scale and bought the analog in the interim (5 years). I am not sure which is more accurate, but the digital scale consistently measures 1.5 lbs more than the analog scale, so I always use the numbers on the analog scale as my WI. My doctor's office uses an analog scale and its reading was very close to the reading on my analog scale. The problem with analog scales is that you can not accurately measure .1 or even .5-lb increments, only 1-lb increment. So, if you are the type of person where every .1-lb loss matters, then an analog scale is not the scale for you. I, however, love reading in 1-lb increments.
princessgina00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

I have a digital scale and it still works fine. I have checked it with one of my dumbells and after 3 years it is still accurate. With a digital scale you could also find one that can calcualte BMI, bodyfat etc.
canuckgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote