Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/256.8/115

Height: 4'11"

Default Stuck on the Same Two Pounds

For the last 12 days, I've been stuck on the same two pounds. I just keep gaining and losing the same .4 to 1.8 pounds and it's ticking me off! I've been going to the gym 5 days a week and working out for a minimum of an hour each time (sometimes 70 to 80 minutes). I cut every junk food and comfort food out of my life -- I haven't had cake, cookies, candy, soda, fried foods, bread (I'm watching my sodium and didn't realize bread had so much), etc. in 5 weeks. WHY am I stuck already?
medigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

You could be gaining muscle. The scale can be such an unreliable tool for determining our progress. Maybe try going by how you feel, how your clothes fit and measurements? I learned the hard way to avoid the scale for that very same reason.
MustardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Hang in there, my body does the same thing. I can stick to my plan, exercise and I will gain and lose the same two pounds for two or three weeks. Very frustrating but eventually, the scale will begin to move down again.
I am not a great writer but one thing that has helped is starting a blog on this site and writing about the different weight loss success and challenges I have had. Reading over past entries makes me realize some of the cycles my body goes through.
Hang in there. You can do this!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Just breathe drink lots of water and keep at it. It will move if you are doing everything you say you are! Don't worry.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote