Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Arrow WW MM CHALLENGE! Sept/Oct Week 6!

Hey everyone! Here we are already at the start of Week 6! Woo-hoo!

Give us your updates! Spreadsheet Link!

How were your weigh-ins? How are your goals panning out? We've got a chunk left of October, so are you planning on doing anything different?

Has anyone had to deal with dreaded Halloween candy laying about so soon? Or anyone thinking of how to deal with Halloween coming up?

Let us know and keep up the pace until the end of the month
Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hello & Good Morning!

I have to take my weigh-in still, but I'm posting other things first.

I'm dealing with a rather nasty cold, which put me in a very "blah" mood, but it's starting to head away now. Even with that I stayed on Points and took my walks each evening.

In fact, it sort of helped, because nothing really tasted very good. So I didn't crave eating anything much. (Couldn't smell anything, and without smell taste tends to be a bit rubbish, ya know.)

I'm very proud that I went through this week while sticking to Points & getting in daily movement even though I didn't quite want to all the time.

I'll be back later to update the chart.

---

ETA: Weigh-in. Down 1.1 for the week. Which means I'm down 15% (wish WW gave out stars for % above 10). So achieved that mini-goal and onto another!

Last edited by Lovely; 10-10-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #3  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Congrats for your 15%, Lovely! That is so awesome!!

I'm down 0.6 lbs and I'm VERY happy about it. I overate all weekend long, we had a friend over saturday and family over yesterday for Canadian Thanksgiving and I probably ate all my weeklies there. However, I earn a TONS of AP saturday, I went on a 3.5 hours hike of 8.1 km... so I guess it wasnt that bad.

I also lost my last week gain and lost a bit more, so yay!

My goals for this week is to get back to the running. Since my last week race, I only went once... I need to get back to that at least 2 times a week, I don't want to loose all my newly earned cardio!

(Oh and also I need to get back to tracking. I'm 2 pounds away from my goal and I didn't track that much last week.. need to start all over that!)
Old 10-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #4  
Hap
next stop: fit & fabulous

S/C/G: 181.8/174.4/142

Height: 5'4"

I'm doing great this week. I finally got over the hump and lost 2.6. I got my first 10lb ribbon and my 5%.

I'm still doing okay on the couch to 5k. I went to a running store and treated myself to some good running shoes. The guy who sold them to me said he started running at my age ( I'm 31) and couldn't run half a block. He was 50lbs overweight at the time. 30 years later he is about to run his 171st marathon! Very inspirational.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #5  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

I am re-committing myself to stay on plan! I keep going off track (I have been fluctuating the same weight since March!) and if I can't keep this on track I will never make my goal by April. On April 29th I will 25 and I refused to live fat past 25! Plus I graduate in May and again I refuse to graduate college fat! So here is me committing to stick to points plus!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #6  
Geeky Member

No gain, no loss this past week. I've been tracking, and stayed within my points. Doing better with planning ahead and packing my meals to take to school. Not getting enough sleep, though. I need to work on that.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well chickies I am up another .5 this week but I am looking at my food and boy did I make so bad choices.
But on the upside I did exercise 6 days at 60 min each

So this week plan better choices and keep up the exercise!

To those of you that lost a big whoo hoo, for those that maintaned or gained we will get it done this week and next monday we will shine!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Official WI isn't until Wed, but I fully anticipate a gain. Between TOM (which is finishing) and a huge certification test for me today its been a tough week. I have always (since the SATs) had M&Ms during my exams as a way to keep my energy up and give me something mindless to do. Since this exam was the culmination of my education, I decided not to mess with past success and do the M&Ms thing without thought towards weight loss. I"m sure that'll cause me to be up, but if I pass my exam, it'll be worth it in the end. Back to the gym, tracking and my healthy lifestyle again tomorrow! Will updated with my official WI on Wed.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
I'm down 0.6 lbs and I'm VERY happy about it.

(Oh and also I need to get back to tracking. I'm 2 pounds away from my goal and I didn't track that much last week.. need to start all over that!)
Hurray Turbo! Nicely done You can get those 2 pounds off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
I'm doing great this week. I finally got over the hump and lost 2.6. I got my first 10lb ribbon and my 5%.
YES! CONGRATS! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageLynn View Post
I am re-committing myself to stay on plan!
You. Can. Do. This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcat1978 View Post
No gain, no loss this past week. I've been tracking, and stayed within my points. Doing better with planning ahead and packing my meals to take to school. Not getting enough sleep, though. I need to work on that.
Congrats on staying on plan! That is a huge success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Well chickies I am up another .5 this week but I am looking at my food and boy did I make so bad choices.
But on the upside I did exercise 6 days at 60 min each
It can take a few to really dig into the choices we're making when it comes to food. BUT, you're paying attention. And imagine what you might be choosing if you weren't paying attention!

CONGRATS on that exercise! WOW! I'm getting tired just reading that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin27 View Post
Official WI isn't until Wed, but I fully anticipate a gain.
Oof! You are busy, chica! Don't worry about the scale specifically. Choose healthy things to keep your energy up for everything you're doing. You'll do well!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #10  
Hap
next stop: fit & fabulous

S/C/G: 181.8/174.4/142

You're so great, lovely! Thanks for being so supportive to everyone!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #11  
Laurie

S/C/G: 190/186/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies. I'm down 2 pounds this week. I'm getting closer to the 180's which I haven't seen for I don't know how long. I can't wait!!!

Will have a challenging week this week. Going to see Wicked with some friends and going out for dinner first. They chose the italian restaurant, Biaggi's, so I hope they post their menu online so I can look things up ahead of time and hopefully make good choices!! We'll see how that works for me.

Congrats to all that have lost and to those that have reached a milestone in their journey. For those that maintained or gained, keep your nose to the grindstone and go get 'em next week!!!

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back later.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Just weighed in, down 2.5 , I don,t think I,l make my original goal of 12 pounds but if I can get to 145 by the end of the challenge I,ll be happy, still trying to get in more exercise but I've not Been too successful, but I'll keep trying
Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #13  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Thanx Lovely for all the kind words!

I updated the sheets for the ones who doesn't post their WI and at the end of week 5, we lost a total of 17.6 lbs as a group, bringing it to 96.5 pounds since the beginning of the challenge. We're probably bring that to 100 lbs overall next week!

Great work, chicks
Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Down 2.6 pounds this week and super excited! It's the first time since I've been on WW that I've had 2 good weeks in a row!

Ohhh and I joined a gym...I plan on going tomorrow and it will be the first time adding activity and WW mixed together...lets see how that goes!!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Up 2.5lbs this week, but i expected that between TOM (my first in 2yrs thanks to my 1 year old), a huge exam on monday with a rather large bag of M&Ms and going back to the gym for the first time in a week yesterday. I should have set myself up for a good "woosh" next week I hope! Congrats to all the losers out there and for the rest of us, we keep plugging along slowly but surely
Closed Thread