Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default VBLOC Therapy

I have been hearing more and more ads for lap band surgery. Seems every other ad on the radio is for some sort of band surgery. The other day I heard about VBLOC Therapy. They are doing some free clinical trials in my area. I haven't found anything negative about this on the web, perhaps I'm not looking in the right places.

Do any of you know about it or have done it?

rechargestudy.com

TIA.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #2  

If they are doing clinical trials, this surgery hasn't been approved for the general public and you won't find anything much about it because it is a trial. I did a drug trial for Novartis for a COPD drug. Contact the ones doing the trial for extensive information.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #3  

Hi Guys,
I was a nurse working on the VBLOC trials, it is a great device but you still need to watch your diet and exercise and if you don't get the mental stuff right then it wont work for you. Its like any invasive procedure, you really have to want to do it and not just rely on the surgery to get you to your goals... it ain't no magic bullet, its just a tool to help with weight loss
Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #4  

Default VBlock

has anyone had pain in their side and feel like they are having a heart attack all the time
lovecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecats View Post
has anyone had pain in their side and feel like they are having a heart attack all the time

There is another thread in this same area with the same title. I started it. I wasn't a candidate but the ones that were are chatting there. Why don't you go in and mention this to them. Also, there is a post above yours from nurse. Nurse might be able to help you. If you feel you are having a heart attack, call someone.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote