Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default The silver lining of a trip-up moment

So yesterday was my "cycle up" on calories. I normally eat around 1400-1500 per day, and the past two days were 1100-1250, so yesterday was supposed to be about an 1800 calorie day.

But last night, I was totally in the mood for pizza. No problem! - I get in that mood from time to time, and unlike my old pizza eating habits of eating an ENTIRE pizza by myself, I now have a couple of slices and maybe a salad with it, or sometimes just satisfied with the couple of slices, and all is well. All things in moderation, yadda-yadda-yadda.

But last night... gee... in the mood for CHEESY BREAD as well as pizza. I had my regular couple of slices. And.the.entire.serving.of.CHEESY BREAD. (I'm in my 4th month of menopause, so not having the crazy monthly craving thing. Just wanted some cheesy bread, that's all.)

Anyway, yes, that put me WAY OVER my allotted calories (total calories over 2500!!!! ) I am not kicking myself or berating my food choice, altho yes, it would have been better to have only a slice of cheesy bread. I realize moments like that are not so bad so long as I don't make it a "habit" - which hey! - NO PROBLEM! - because ALL THAT SODIUM JUST ABOUT KILLED ME. I mean, when I woke up this morning, I STILL had that "sodium" taste in my mouth. YUCK!!!!

Also, I weigh every day. Yesterday I was holding steady at 160 lb. This morning? 163 lb. UGH. Believe me, allllll that sodium DOES play a part in the reading of the scale. At least it does for my body.

Been over-dosing on water today. Got a feeling I will drink more than usual the next couple days.

Anyway, that episode made me realize just how much my diet has truly changed this year. My taste buds are very sensitive to "too much" of anything, be it sodium, sugar, or otherwise. I'd say this is a definite step forward in my weight loss journey, even though I have only lost one pound this month. Gotta find that silver lining & all.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Oh, do I sympathize about the sodium thing! I think I gaid 2lbs from any use of soy sauce! Good thing is, weighing daily we can see those bumps and know what they are - just bumps - and we are back on plan!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I had a higher calorie day a day before TTOM - bad move! That night, I couldn't sleep due to gas cramps. I had to get up to do #2 at 4:30 am and I felt so awful and full the entire next day and PART of the day after that.

While I ate about 2400 calories that day instead of my usual 1400ish, it was very high carb and I don't eat high carb any more. AND when I went to bed, I weighed SEVEN pounds more than I did in the morning. I lost 4 of them overnight due to peeing and pooing, but I still weighed 3 pounds up in the morning.

I'm kind of glad it happened because I'm less likely to carb out ever again knowing it made me feel like that!! Yuck!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #4  

I feel the same way whenever I overload on sweets. I feel like I have a mild hangover the next morning. We were all so anesthetized by sugar or salt or [fill in the blank] before that we didn't notice our bodies' reactions.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/148/135

Height: 5'8"

I had a bad day yesterday. I was planning on going out for dinner, so I was going to be very careful of what I ate during the day. But then I found out lunch was served during this conference I was at for work. I had salad, a delicious breadstick (At least I just had one!), a chicken/cheese veggie entree, and a piece of chocolate cake. Now, if that was my one meal for the day and I just had yogurt for bfst and a lean cuisine for dinner, that would have been fine.

But I went out as planned, had a pint of beer and 1/2 of a fish & chips platter.

So yeah, about 3-500 calories over for the day. But, I felt like crap when I went to bed. I think that's the silver lining, realized I haven't felt that way in almost a month. Sometimes eating badly is a reminder of why you don't!
lissvarna is offline   Reply With Quote