Old 09-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Default Weekly chat Sept 23-30

Hi chicks...

Thought i would make the thread... i miss it when i dont see it here! Went to WI this morning and stayed the same.... 3 weeks sitting at the same weight. UGH. Trying to stay sane

How were your weeks?

Last edited by mercuryblue; 09-23-2011 at 12:00 PM.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #2  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Hiya Mercuryblue - sorry to hear you are maintaining, not losing. Sometimes it is as simple as eliminating just one thing from your daily consumption for 1 week to budge that scale. (ok, sometimes not... )Maybe you could review what it is you've been eating, not that any of it is particularly "wrong" but the culprits for some people tend to be bread-y type items, fatty or salty items. I was eating 8 kalamata olives in my daily lunch salad, until I realized how high they were in sodium, so instead of eliminating what I love I decreased the quantity down to 4. Also, went with a fat-free feta for the fat and sodium but I found while it was fine to eat it just wasn't as flavorful as the regular...so this weekend when we shop I'll go for the fat reduced and give that a try.

If you've been having bagels or rolls or such, you could scoop out the inside and leave the shell--what I did Sunday for a burger at home--and you get the feel and taste of the roll/bagel with less calories. I tossed the insides out to feed the birds.

Certainly, I'm not stating that you're doing anything wrong...but sometimes when you do the same after such a great weight loss...you stay the same. Same = same unless you wait a few weeks more for nature to take over, or you do even that one thing to shake it up.

I wish you every success!!! Donna
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #3  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

Same with me- Just so you know when I hit a million plateaus also. I had to cut out all the diet sodas and splenda and watched my salt intake because it makes you hold water weight. All canned veggies, soups, and the smart ones dinners are FULL of sodium. TTry walking for 30 minutes (on an empty stomach) in the mornings also- it speeds up your metabolism.

The best thing to do is keep up with the program and keep your eye on the prize.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Mabenda0; 09-23-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Great suggestions ladies. I am going to try out your tips. Its frustrating, but its double bad in my eyes because i am so close to getting below 200!! only 4lbs to go, and i feel like i should have hit it by now. I am workin it out this week, also... i hadnt been tracking, this week, i will be all over that tracker!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #5  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
Hi chicks...

Thought i would make the thread... i miss it when i dont see it here! Went to WI this morning and stayed the same.... 3 weeks sitting at the same weight. UGH. Trying to stay sane

How were your weeks?
Sorry mercury I always seem to run into my frustrating points right before I'm about to hit a milestone I was looking forward to, like the -25 lb marks, which makes them extra frustrating! I'd be going nuts sitting so close to onederland. You'll get there soon! Got any changes planned this week?
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #6  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies. I stayed the same this week. I expected to either gain a little back or stay the same since I lost 3 last week and that was a pretty big loss this far down the road. I didn't eat badly, but I definitely didn't get in my GHG's. Skipped out on a LOT of fruits and veggies that I normally eat. I just have been getting REALLY sick of salads lately and there aren't many veggies I enjoy. I also skimped on the higher intensity exercise that I normally do. I am on point this week though. Normally after weigh in on Thursday and Friday I have my cheat days where I eat what I really want. Other than some french fries on Thursday I haven't gone that route. We ordered out last night and I was dying for a buffalo chicken wrap, but got a salad with shrimp (salad turned out to be terrible, though, lol). So I'm planning on getting this last 1.2 off this week and meeting goal!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Ok after my 4 week plateau I weighed in this morning to finally lose 2 pounds and get to a new low weight of 144.5!

Perseverance pays off!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #8  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Got back from the conferences today.

Ate too much. Drank too much. Tom kicked in.

I'm expecting an ugly weight week LOL

Have a good weekend everyone!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Mercury, the difficulty in losing those last 4 four may very well be because you are so close to that barrier. Maybe mentally or physically your body is saying... no. I know I'm going to hit that soon... sigh. I agree with everyone tho.. maybe try something new? A new work out or drop a food. If you aren't eating your weeklies, maybe try it. Or vice versa? HAve you posted your trackers lately? (I'm behind on keeping up with the thread)

Congrats Proatthis!

Turbo... sometimes we just need to have that good time!

I'm done with my challenge on MONDAY! It is going ot be really hard to not run out and eat everything at once *laughs* I really do want to try to go paleo afterwards but.... I need some sort of flexible plan because right now I hate food and am tired of being so strict.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey, can I join in on this Been sliding these last few weeks and trying to get back on the wagon before it becomes an issue! Made it through the evening without snacking on anything 'bad' that is a few time in probably 2-3 weeks...hoping my will power is kicking back into high gear!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #11  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Just wanted to say hi. I'm just getting back to WW after I stopped going for six months. I've tracked all week and went to my first meeting today. I'm up 4.5 from six months ago. Hope to lose that weight in the next few weeks.

I do love that fruit and veggies are 0 points. I'm eating a lot more protein and cutting down on carbs as much as possible. Can't wait to weigh in next week to see how this week goes.

I hope everyone can get through their plateaus and lose some next week.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Hey Patchymama good for you for making it through to the end of your challenge. That was a tough one and I'm sure you will be happy to be done with it on Monday. I can understand you being uninterested in food after following a strict challenge. I like the idea of a paleo diet, do you think you will take a little break before following it?
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Proatthis... I think I have to a tiny bit. Not too much because then I might as well have not done the 30 days. I'm supposed to reintroduce food groups slowly to see if I have a severe reaction to any of them. I'm not planning on going back to dairy if I can avoid it. I'm also not planning on eating legumes again really. The hard part is grain... I want a bagel *laughs* But I don't crave a sandwich or anything like that. Paleo is a bit more flexible in that you can have natural sugars and butter and you don't have to be SO strict if you don't want to.

Down 2.8 this week, that gives me 12.4 over the last 4 weeks of my challenge
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Well I think I have done pretty good this week, joined the gym and started on Wed the trainer is a disappointment she showed me some things for upper body on wed, lower body on friday but a quick warm up and then left me....I went back in on friday hoping to do it on my own but she did not even write it down so I was totally lost on the machines. So Fri, Sat and Sun I did cardio on the elliptical...tonight I made it 60 minutes.
Well tomorrow is weigh in hope all this cardio does something
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #15  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Yay to all the goodness going on here in this thread. I think my favorite new saying is: we got this!!! Success is on the horizon.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote