Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/185/160

Height: 5'6

Default Started a binge, stopped, now I need help to keep it that way!

I've had a terrible day! Both my kids are sick, I'm sick, and now I just found out that a small repair on my car has turned into a $500.00 repair on my car. Money is really tight right now and the bill is totally stressing me out, but unfortunately there is no choice.

I was doing really well food wise until my hubby called with this news. I immediately went to the chocolate. I keep a little bit around because I find that when I am craving chocolate, just a little bit with a glass of water makes it go away. I got about one third of the way through the bar before I realized what I was doing and stopped. It was probably about 200 calories.
I'm OK now, not craving anything but still really stressed out! Any suggestions for de-stressing with a toddler and a baby running around the house.
TL0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

First of all, HUGE kudos for stopping that binge in its tracks! That is NOT an easy thing to do.

I'm not sure how sick everyone is, but if it's just a little sniffle or cold, maybe you could get the kids in a stroller and take a nice walk to enjoy the afternoon.

Or put on a movie that the toddler and baby will enjoy while you relax on the sofa with a book.

Sometimes for me, getting even one thing off of my "to do" list helps me relax. For example, if I can chop vegetables ahead of time for dinner. Or organize that stack of books I'd been meaning to get to. Or just cleaning off a counter. Most of those things don't take more than 10 minutes, and I feel a lot better seeing something accomplished that I can control.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Wow. I am in awe of your ability to control that. 200 cals is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things... Way to go!! This is a huge victory in my book!
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/196/127

Height: 5'1

Can I suggest chocolate flavored tea from Republic of Tea (can't post link but if you google it, it will appear)? I haven't tried it myself, but it looks like a great substitute for chocolate since it's only 5 calories (plus, drinking will lower your appetite). Anytime you crave it, just drink the tea! There are a LOT of flavors on their website.
misski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #5  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

huge kudos on recognizing the stress-eating so soon and taking control of the situation.

200 calories is no big deal. a mighty small price to pay for knowing that you can recognize and defeat your unhealthy impulses!

It may sound silly, but when I start freaking out and I just CANNOT stand how I'm feeling I just focus on my breathing. I close my eyes and breathe in and out and use all my awareness on that action (mostly so my mind will stop driving me crazy with all the stress and bullsh*t going on in my life). It seems simplistic, at least that's always how I always thought it seemed, but it can really help. Its kinda like...life can kick you in the teeth, but as long as you are breathing...you're gonna make it.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinneranne2 View Post
It may sound silly, but when I start freaking out and I just CANNOT stand how I'm feeling I just focus on my breathing. I close my eyes and breathe in and out and use all my awareness on that action (mostly so my mind will stop driving me crazy with all the stress and bullsh*t going on in my life). It seems simplistic, at least that's always how I always thought it seemed, but it can really help. Its kinda like...life can kick you in the teeth, but as long as you are breathing...you're gonna make it.
This is amazing advice and a great coping skill. I am going to do this the next time I am freaking out.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #7  

Thanks ladies. The baby ended up taking a nap and I convinced my son to watch a movie.

Still doing okay but stressed. I'm going to workout tonight ( I normally don't on Wednesday) and try that breathing technique to get me through.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I'm so proud of you for stopping a binge! Praying for you!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #9  

I did it! I managed to make it through the night without a binge. I made a healthy supper for myself and the kids and had an orange after my workout.

100% on plan :-)
Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL0812 View Post
I did it! I managed to make it through the night without a binge. I made a healthy supper for myself and the kids and had an orange after my workout.

100% on plan :-)
Wonderful!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Smile Love to hear about SUCCESS

Yaaa. Great job and great way to handle it. I just love the insight and inspiration here!

I craving the "c" word and read this post and breathed it away!!!!

How cool is that!

I love when we can share success, inspirational ideas and it makes a difference in someones life.

Soooo cool. Thanks for sharing.
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #12  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Awesome you stopped!

And as someone else suggested, remember to breathe. It may help to lay on the ground on your back, knees bent and inhale filling your belly and lungs, exhale releasing from belly and lungs. If the breathe feels like you cant really "force it to relax" just dont worry about it. Even 3m of this will help your stress levels a bit.

Go play with the kids after
xty is offline   Reply With Quote