South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Wednesday Daily Chick Chat 9/14

Wow, we're almost halfway through this month already! I sure hope the winter months fly by as fast.

I'm savoring my coffee and thinking about the day ahead. I'll helping Susie wash windows and I'll run the vacuum for her this morning, then I hope to spend the afternoon cleaning up the girls' garden and finishing the pruning. I did get some pruning done yesterday, but it was so hot outside that I got tired of that job fast. Today's supposed to be a bit cooler.

So what's everyone up to for today?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Howling coyotes and two small dogs joining in was my alarm this morning! Too bad they learned to howl although it is rather funny to see wee Jazz pretend he's a big tough wolf.

I got lots done in town yesterday and was back here by noon. Like you, Cottage, I did some pruning in my front flowerbed. My Susie (up at the farm where I buy berries) gave me two big baskets of yellow tomatoes as I had done her a favour in town. They looked really pretty in a salad with my red ones but I don't think the flavour is as good. I will do them in the dehydrator later today - right now the peaches are in there drying.

Today will be more of the same domestic stuff although I do have some accounting to take care of. Tomorrow I meet with my financial guy to discuss consolidating some accounts and investments. It's silly to have to do business in three different banks although I do a lot online. You still can't get cash out of your own computer though!

It's cool here. The furnace just turned on! Yesterday it was the AC. " 'Tis the turn of the year" as my Dad used to say. Some of the trees are showing colour a bit early getting ready for blue and gold October.

"Enough babbling, Ruthie, and get on with it." "Yes, Mum."
Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The lovely sunrise is fading out and it's time to start planning my day.

Cottage - Thanks for the reminder to start garden clean-up. Last year I put it off too long and it was a mess in the spring. Looks like we have some very cool weather for the end of the week.

Ruth - I love yellow tomatoes for eating. I've been mixing them in salads with the reds all summer. Have you seen Kalyn's recipe for roasted pepper and tomato breakfast casserole? It's on my list for the week. Might be a nice way to use some of those tomatoes

My week just opened up a little. My Mom is subbing all week so we changed my visit to Sunday because she will be too tired to have fun if I go tomorrow. That gives me more time to get stuff dried, cleaned and mowed. It looks like the summer squash season may be officially over around here. Between weird weather and the flooding everything in the fields is going bad. I'm always a little sad to see it end. We do love summer squash around here.

Today eggplant and greens will go in the dehydrator. I'm going to try a recipe for kale chips, just a tray or two.

Hope your Hump Day is a breeze.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Cyndi. I will try that. I also have eggplant to dry today. I wish I had another dehydrator! Aside from the eggplants (14 small ones!), I have red and green peppers, more tomatoes, pears and zucchini to do. Out in the garden are six Savoy cabbages and six red cabbage but they can stay out there for a while.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Cottage, I need to learn pruning skills. The lopping I do would be frowned on by a master gardener.

Ruth, You need a big dog to add to your chorus. Sparkit the Pyrenees is a heck of a howler.

Cyndi, Summer squash is my favorite, too. Yum!

We had an earthquake less than 20 miles from my house last night! 3.0. Of course, I didn't feel a thing. My coworker has earthquake insurance on her house, which is funny to me. Maybe if we lived in California....

I have my final appointment with the doctor this morning regarding my wonky thyroid numbers. If she wants to do another test, I think I'll decline. Enough already!

It's going to be a long day at the office today, with 4 forensic interviews starting at 2:30. That means hubby will cook dinner! Yay!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth,I love yellow tomatoes, and they look so pretty mixed with red ones in a recipe. They usually aren't as acidy as the reds, either. The last couple of heavy rains really did a number on our tomato plants, though, so I'm having to buy them at the farmer's market.

Cyndi, thanks for the nudge to try that breakfast casserole. I'm making it as soon as I get more cherry tomatoes! It's been a bad year for summer squash for me, between the groundhogs and the rains. It's a shame, because I love it so much. I beg people to give me their excess zucchini!

Good morning, Chelby! I hope the earthquake didn't cause any damage! And good luck at your appointment this afternoon!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-14-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #7  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning All!

I'm going to try making eggplant Parma tonight from the p1 recipe up top.

Today is Day 9: 2 days ago I tried beans for the first time. Well, ha ha ha... I think they hit me yesterday... Right after my first aqua aerobics class holy moly... After that.. I went into the sauna for about 10 minutes. Showered and then got ready to do my errands - now to add - I drink a lot of water... So I leave start driving to Trader Joes to get some veggies etc.. And as I leave I'm feeling shakey and just all of a sudden weak. I headed to Costco next because I was picking up a chicken for quick dinner last night... Another open house for school... Anyhow by the time I was leaving I was feeling really bad... So I bought the 1.50 hot dog and drink. I quickly scarfed down the hot dog with mustard... No bun... And diet coke... Drove home and then ate 2 chicken legs as I was breaking down my chicken - then ate cottage cheese... I just felt like I was starving. After open house last nig I ate my salad with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar chicken and feta... I just felt like I binge ate yesterday and when I look back and nownthinking I guess it wasn't that bad... But I still didn't like that I felt ravenous and out of control - not sure if it had to do with the blow out after swimming or what... I stayed on plan I just felt like I ate weigh too much. Hope I don't have another day like that anytime soon.

So tonight I'm also making the mashed cauliflower and giving that to my boys with chicken nuggets... I don't they will eat the eggplant - I don't even think my husband will... But that's what I'm cooking!

I hope everyone was a smashing day! Cheers- Desiree
Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning! Well,it's the end of p1 for me! Only .2 lbs from making it to under 160 but, alas,it didn't happen. Ah well,as I still lost ten pounds which I am very proud of!

This morning I have a pretty stressful work meeting that I am not looking forward to.Then I'm having a manager meeting, then tonight it's off to my sister and brother-in-laws house for a game night which is always a fun time!

cyndi-the zucchini spaghetti was awesome

cottage-you stay so busy!

ruth-the same thing happened here between monday and yesterday, air to ac!

chelby-does hubby cook tasty food? good luck at your meetings!

good morning desiree, hope today goes a little better!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - Halfway already... time sure does fly!

Ruth - Interesting about the tomato taste because I find the yellow cherry or grape tomatoes to be much tastier than red. We just joined Sam's club and they have them there

Cyndi - Enjoy your suddenly free time.

Chelby - I'm in the Midwest and have always heard that there is a huge risk from a big vault that runs under the middle of the country. But mostly for us it's just tornadoes to deal with

Desiree - Yikes! Your body will get used to beans if you eat them regularly. I've tried eggplant only once and wasn't impressed, but should give it another shot sometime. I usually have a small baggie with nuts at the bottom of my purse for "emergencies."

Angie -

My mom got back in the country yesterday so today we are off to the gym. It could be ugly since I have done pretty much no strength training in the weeks she's been gone. But, she'll have lots to tell me, I'm sure, so that will at least pass the time.

Talked with DS1 yesterday; he's great about calling periodically. Found out he missed yet another career services opportunity for seniors. He is driving me crazy! Or maybe I'm going crazy because I can't stop being a helicopter mom even though he's 21! Other son was on facebook at 4am his time saying he could not get his computer program to work. Okay... I'm letting it go

We are expecting a cold spell here. Time to see which pants fit and maybe clean out the closet.

Have a great day!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - wow, I didn't realize we're half way through already...denial?

Ruth - I'm trying to picture your mini-wolf! We had orange cherry tomatoes last year (and one popped up again this year...), they were actually really good.

Cyndi - I would love to see the area where you store all this stuff. It's got to be chocked full!

Chelby - we had that massive earthquake here a few weeks ago, but I was driving...I felt deprived! LOL...we don't need a repeat though, just for me to feel it!

Desiree - I have problems if I don't have enough protein or calories for lunch...and then I want to go on a snacking binge mid afternoon. Could that be part of it too?

Kids are off, just made a pot of ham and bean soup (YUUUUMMMMM), and off to work in a few. Nothing too exciting here!

Have a great day!

I must've taken too long - two people snuck in!

Angie - ugh, good luck at the meeting, at least you have tonight to relax and recover!

Karen - I am not looking forward to some things with my kids growing up, that would be one of them. Hope you enjoy chatting with your mom!

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-14-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We drove East yesterday afternoon and it was nice to wake up here since I drive my mom to Denver at 8am. We're just here until Sat. AM, so I think I'll just live out of my tote...We'll come back again Monday after tree trimming on the West side which seems like alot of driving but:

We're volunteering at the National Sheepdog Finals this weekend! Definitely worth the extra drive to get to see the most talented sheepdogs in the country at their very best!

Have a great day everyone! It's sounding very beachy here this morning!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #12  

Ugh, just got word that stressful meeting was postponed. I was sort of ready to get it over with!! Now I'm not sure what to do with my morning...company I work for is pretty particular about filling scheduled hours, but I didn't really plan any office work or anything so I'm just going to have to find some things to do
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I hate being late to the party and missing individuals but getting back to work from 2 weeks out of the office will do that to ya!

Hoping to leave on time tonight to get to the grocery store then pick up DW. I need a few days of Ph1 to get my bloat down. Been totally on Ph2 though for 2 days and am glad I am not craving anything off track!

TTYL
Old 09-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #14  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmplsgirl View Post
Good morning! Well,it's the end of p1 for me! Only .2 lbs from making it to under 160 but, alas,it didn't happen. Ah well,as I still lost ten pounds which I am very proud!
AWESOME JOB!!!! I havent been under 170 in over 3 years - my husbands last deployment... I swear I will thru the streets naked if I get below 140.... But I will scream from the roof top if I get under 170.... Crossing fingers it will happen for you this week! PS - how long have you been on p1? Enjoy your day!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiroo View Post
AWESOME JOB!!!! I havent been under 170 in over 3 years - my husbands last deployment... I swear I will thru the streets naked if I get below 140.... But I will scream from the roof top if I get under 170.... Crossing fingers it will happen for you this week! PS - how long have you been on p1? Enjoy your day!!!!
We started about three weeks ago when I knew we would be taking a three day break but didn't want to put it off any longer. Did six days, then three day break for some special things that were planned previously, then went right back on for two weeks straight without any cheating. I'm crossing my fingers you reach sub-170 soon!

So far today I haven't had anything p2! I've just been eating all the usual tasty p1 stuff. Dinner tonight will have carrots and sweet potatoes in it, though, and I made some p2 (well Kalyn's kitchen says p1??) macaroons with a tiny bit of bittersweet chocolate drizzled over them. I will have 2 of those, they are really small but look divine!

Alright, off to play Stone Age and have a great meal with my sister and her family! I hope everyone has a great night!
Closed Thread