South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #1  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Default food poisoning or super low blood sugar?

I had a rough morning this morning. I woke up at 6:40am to my roosters crowing and within a few minutes I found myself trembling and shaking. My first thoughts were that my blood sugar was really low. I have issues with my blood sugar getting low and it has never been an issue before beyond a few moments and something to eat. So i got up to eat (a cup of strawberry yogurt) and within 5 minutes I was getting real nauseated and i had a real pain in my stomach. It felt like the most immense hunger ever or something- it was at the very pit of my stomach and it felt like my stomach was clinging to my backbone. I had to keep laying down because i was so dizzy and i couldn't hardly talk. I would feel better but if i went to talk then i suddenly felt a lot worse so I spoke little, closed my eyes much. I laid back down and i felt a lot better and i fell asleep quickly and i kept waking up and falling asleep. Soemtimes that i woke up i had to go to the bathroom and feel like i was going to throw up.. once I threw up a bunch. THen my other end started up a bit and each time I went, i felt a little better but it wasn't the runs or anything but it seemed to lighten up the pain in my stomach. I still couldn't hardly keep my eyes open without the room spinning and feeling weak so very weak. So I went back to bed and this time slept a lot longer. Every time I woke up i would think i was going to throw up but the pain was lessening. I ate some toast and part of a peach and a ltitle bit of orange juice after i threw up so I did keep some food down- just not the yogurt) And finally by about 10:30 I woke up to finding myself feeling normal again except my head still felt like my blood sugar was low and im feeling weak yet. So I had a bit more yogurt and then had some cheese and for lunch I had a cheeseburger without a bun and then some rolled up lunch meat and cheese. Its 3:30pm now and im feeling much better except a little weak (im thinking i need to go make something big to eat)

My first thought was blood sugar. All i ate last night was a large full plate of salad. I did not have a protein with it or anything that would take a long time to digest. In hindsight it was a poor choice. I am going to be more careful with dinner time.

but anyways- could this be related to my recently (today is day 3) of the South Beach Diet? I truly flipped my diet around. My diet used to be HIGHLY consistenting of sugars and carbs and now im down to less than 5%. But it is also possible the salad mix was tainted with something related to food poisoning.

Anyone experience anything like this? I am going to up my carbs just a little because I have had insulin resistence in the past and I know my sugars can be low at times even normally. I abused my body for too long for it to work properly now plus genetically i have a lot of diabetic family members. (which is why losing weight and eating healthier is so important to me- i dont want to become another one of "them")

Either way, im not giving up on the SBD- I am going to modify it a little but i sure wish I knew if my incident this morning was my body in a state of confusion or a seriously bad bag of Dole salad mix
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Why not go to the doctor and get the nurse to test your bs? There are some clinics that do it relatively quickly and cheaply.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/143/132

Height: 5.9

Possibly a stomach virus? It's quite common and usually clears up quickly (although it mostly lasts about 24 hours..)
Naama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #4  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

i went and got a glucose monitor last night so i will randomly check it from on now
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote