Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232.4/202.4/135

Default Weigh in today

Well I weighed in this morning and I lost 3.6lbs Yay! It is finally coming off, which means I finally tracked and stayed within my points like I am supposed to do. It is obvious to me that if you track and stay within points it works! I hope everyone else has had a loser of a week

Froggy3298
froggy3298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #2  
Laurie

S/C/G: 190/186/165

Height: 5'7"

Yea for you!!! I had that same epiphany this week too. If we work the plan, the plan works.

Keep up the good work!!!
clsuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

I don't want to go to my weigh in tomorrow because I'm going to be up

I worked hard and was on plan for the first 4 days this week, but then I weighed myself at home and was up 2lbs!!! So I panicked and ate about 10pts/day for the last 3 days and I'm almost down those 2lbs...I never should have weighed myself midweek.
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Way to go, Froggy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
I don't want to go to my weigh in tomorrow because I'm going to be up

I worked hard and was on plan for the first 4 days this week, but then I weighed myself at home and was up 2lbs!!! So I panicked and ate about 10pts/day for the last 3 days and I'm almost down those 2lbs...I never should have weighed myself midweek.
This concerns me.

Keep this in mind if you're ever going to weigh yourself at home. And DON'T DO IT if you're going to react like this.

I can't change what you focus on. I can only suggest you put less emphasis on what the scale says, because while it's a convenient tool, it's not a very accurate measure of success. There are so many variables that go into what a scale says... whereas WE KNOW without a doubt whether we've been on plan and been changing our habits forever.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

Lovely-I would love to be able to wrap my head around that concept of putting the focus on being healthy, on running faster, farther, avoiding binges, etc...but there is something about the number on the scale that drives me.

But I am going to try to weight myself less and would like to work towards only weighing myself at the meetings once a week because I really suffered this week for the 3 days prior to my weigh-in and it wasn't worth it.
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
Lovely-I would love to be able to wrap my head around that concept of putting the focus on being healthy, on running faster, farther, avoiding binges, etc...but there is something about the number on the scale that drives me.
I used to be the same way: if I weighed myself midweek and I was up, I'd totally freak out and binge eat. So I had to stop weighing myself unless it was my weigh in day (I do WW online, so I weigh at home anyway). My scale is my guest bathroom and I keep the door closed and never use that bathroom so I'm not even tempted to weigh in. Like, I'm not sure about this week, I exercised double what I normally do, but have eaten about half my weeklies and I don't know what to expect Monday. I'm soooo tempted to weigh in tomorrow, just to see, but I can't. Because I know that if it's up -- even just a little -- I won't stay on point tomorrow.

Keep in mind that even if you are right on point, our weight fluctuates from day to day, sometimes even during a single day it can go up or down 2 lbs. So what you see midweek might not be a true weight gain at all, which is why if you're going to focus on the number make sure it's on weigh in day.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote