Old 08-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'6

Default when to weigh????

hi!! my weight constantly fluctuates throughout the day, which i've heard is normal. And i've also been told to weigh first thing in the morning. My question is when is the best time or does it really matter? Sometimes i'll weigh more in the morning compared to at night just depends...thanks
leannabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

you weight the least first thing in the morning- you can get a honest measurement of what's your actual weight vs the weight of the food/drinks you consumed throughout the day. Also, it's more likely that you shower in the morning, so you can weigh yourself without clothes.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

I weigh in the morning, but I think consistency is more key than anything else- weigh at the same general time every time you weigh. One way to avoid getting freaked out by little fluctuations and to be able to see if what you're doing is working is to weigh once a week or once every few days. I try to only weigh (and I only update my ticker/calendar where I track my weight) on Monday morning, before I eat breakfast and after I pee!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #4  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I weigh in the morning, nude, then totally dressed with shoes. There is generally a 2 to 2.5 pound difference. Also, the other day just for curiosity I grabbed my breakfast/lunch bag that I'd consume half of before weighing in at work for weight watchers, and it added FIVE pounds and was mostly food, not containers. That doesn't even calculate the water I consume. So, you want to be "empty" when you weigh and its a good to get an idea both without and with clothes and/or shoes.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195.6/192.6/150

Height: 5'4

If you exercise first thing in the a.m. skip weighing yourself until right before your shower. I've found that doing so actually has me weighing in as much as a pound less (I have been curious enough to weigh myself before and after several times). Often times, it's just half a pound or so, but if I've gotten a good solid workout, I can be a full pound lighter.

Of course, I also do not drink water until after my workout, since drinking before or during makes me nauseous. So, if you drink water during your workout this may not work out quite the same.
SarahRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #6  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I weight least in the morning, so I like to weigh in the morning. As long as you're consistent I don't think it matters...
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #7  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

I weigh myself during the morning time before breakfast...
KamsMoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #8  

awesome! sounds like everyone is on about the same page so i will weigh in the morning i believe. thank you ladies i certainly appreciate it!!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I weigh daily in the morning, just after I wake up. I know some say not to weigh daily, but I understand about fluctuations enough to know not to freak out over little increases here and there.

It's actually pretty interesting to keep track of my daily weigh-ins and make a nice graph that shows how my weight fluctuates over time.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #10  

Sontaikle, I am the same. I feel like i have to weigh myself everyday..It's harder for me to put the scale away because i'm constantly tempted to get it out!! i don't know though, i may try to go a few days without it.. i'm sure as time goes on i'll learn not to think so much about fluctuations and freak out!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannabanana View Post
Sontaikle, I am the same. I feel like i have to weigh myself everyday..It's harder for me to put the scale away because i'm constantly tempted to get it out!! i don't know though, i may try to go a few days without it.. i'm sure as time goes on i'll learn not to think so much about fluctuations and freak out!
One of the reasons I started to weigh daily was because of how I am. I'm forgetful, so I knew I would forget to weigh weekly. Daily weigh-ins have become a habit for me.

I found that weighing daily has allowed me to find a pattern in my weight loss that I'm sure I wouldn't have found if I weighed weekly. I can also compare my weight loss data with my little calendar where I keep track of my period. That way I can see how my body responds to that.

It's interesting, that's all. You just need to remember that being up two pounds one day is nothing to freak about unless it stays around for a while
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I weigh every morning after I pee haha.
jamber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #13  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Wake up - go to the toilet - weigh - record it daily. On Sunday I average my weights for the week. Simples! =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote