Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'7"

Default tried eveything else,why not Atkins.....

I joined WW back in Feb.,lost 20#,tried to do it at home on my own...no luck,tried calories counting,not bad,but want something else...so why not give Atkins a try?Just signed up at their web site for a free starter kit,going to start trying tomorrow.Do you find it hard to get started?Wish me luck.
beliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Not at all. Some experience carb flu - some do not. I find it effective if I don't misbehave. We're all here if you need us. You'll have loads of support and friends on this site. Wish you well!

Last edited by Arkansas Kel; 08-15-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:21 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The first place to start when deciding to do Atkins is reading the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 or prior editions). Understanding exactly how & why this plan works is essential for longterm success
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I found the first week difficult but once the cravings are gone I really like it and I feel great!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #5  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

When I did Atkins in 2008, I LOVED the induction phase. The book I had was an OLD book from I believe the early 70's, that did not address counting calories. I went to town on bacon, steak, hamburger, butter, eggs, pork rinds, whole cream, cheese. I was successful in induction and went on to the regular phase, losing 20 lbs in 3 weeks, no cravings, no flu, no headaches. I cheated once and fell off the Atkins wagon. If I go seriously no carb, I'm fine. A friend had chocolate cake for her birthday and I had to have a piece. That ended it for me. I should have gotten right back on the wagon but due to something not at all related, I got fired from my job and didn't think of getting healthy for several months.

Now that I have a newer version of the book and have recently been successful losing with counting calories...I think I'll be more reasonable on The Atkins plan and not think of it "All Bacon, All the Time" Diet, which must really get boring after a while!

Best of luck to you.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #6  
Ham 'n CheeseHead!

S/C/G: 215/215/145

Height: 5'6"

I tried a little of everything too, most recently doing a Lean Cuisine thing...but that did not help my high blood pressure at all. I was successful with Atkins, and would have STAYED successful had I been more disciplined and made it my lifestyle. Going to do it this time! Good luck to you, and like others have said, read the book! Valuable info there!
Squeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

I love Atkins. I have the best luck eating low carb (reduced hunger) and I think the diet encourages "real food" not processed crapola like lean cuisine.

Remember to get 12-15 of your carbs from veggies. The other 7-5 come from cheese, eggs, ranch etc and most meat/seafood is free so you can have as much as you need to feel satisfied.

I like atkins because you can basically do it anywhere. When I go out my default is a hamburger with no bun, no ketchup and a side salad with ranch. 90% of the restaurants here have that.

Good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

Low carb in whatever format so long as there are lots of veggies is the only thing that has really worked substantially for me, so I hope it works for you!
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote