Old 08-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 12 (08/15-08/21)

Hi BLUE TEAM well we didn't win again this week, so lets see what we can pull out of the hat for next weeks WI. I'm affraid I haven't been much help lately.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BIGGEST LOSERS:

Biggest Loser:
mumtoliam, -3.1lbs, -1.23%

Honorable Mentions:
Beck, -2.2lbs, -1.14%
QuillysQuest, -2lbs, -.79%
KayakGal, -.2lbs, -.10%
Nancy O, -.2, -.10%

Great job eveyone, I put in an extra again as this is everyone who lost last week. Keep up the good work

Well I'm off to bed as it's after midnight so should really get some sleep.

If someone wants to post a challange for us that would be great.

I am still on holidays for a week and traveling around so may not be on everyday. My eating and exercise is off as well but lets see if everyone can do a minimum (spelling I know) of 20 min a day of some sort of exercise.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #2  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Congrats to all our losers this week, especially MumtoLiam for being Blue Team's biggest loser. Keep up the great work.

I've been busy getting all of my kids' school supplies organized; it's a lot to do with 6 of them, but I'm mostly done. I'll be so glad when all the things are organized in their backpacks ready to be unloaded at school- all the stuff takes up so much room.

I hope everyone has a great and productive week!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:59 AM   #3  

Wow Beck - 6 to get ready for school, that's a lot of supplies. You must be very busy at home getting them all set in the mornings. I can't even imagine that.

Well as for me I've been eating really bad. Combination of holidays and stress. The condo is not done the contractor is just not caring enough to finish the renos on it. Now o have to also decide if I keep the place or sell it.

Anyway hope you all had a great day. Talk to you later.

Last edited by Bigmid; 08-16-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #4  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Heya everybody.

Sorry again for being kinda absent around the board this past couple weeks. It's been difficult to not get discouraged.

I finally got to the health food store last Friday and got some protein powder to add in to my diet, hoping it will help me reach my protein consumption goal and thus help give the body more energy.

I'm still having a hard time hitting 1300 calories a day. But, the protein powder is at least helping with the protein goals, so that's good. I started taking the powder on Friday and by Sunday I had lost 2 lbs, which was majorly encouraging. I was totally psyched. However, with the calories still being a problem, I wasn't feeling much energy or motivation to exercise yet.

So the last two days I've actually managed to hit both my calorie goal and my protein goal. And today, finally, I felt like exercising again. So, I did my yoga and took a long walk with the dog, probably about 3 miles or so. Wasn't much, but it was more than I've done in a while.

Unfortunately, being all psyched about that two pounds from last weekend, I decided to break my only-weigh-myself-once-a-week rule, because I thought I was finally going down and I was going to be all encouraged by what the scale said this morning. However, instead I found that I had gained 3.7 lbs instead. :P

*sigh*

So, hopefully now that I'm doing better hitting my protein and calories, and I'm feeling up to exercising again, it'll slowly start getting better. We'll see!

Good luck with all your weight loss this week everybody! I hope you all have an awesome week!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello all.
Well summer's almost over, this challenge is almost over, and even tho I've barely lost anything, I am motivated by the fact that I was able to accomplish this challenge - I stayed here every week, didn't use a single freebie. It's not much, but it's a start and I can feel proud of this accomplishment. Right about now I need all the positives I can get.

Congratulations to our team for doing so well and coming so far. Thanks to bigmid for being such an inspiring leader. Let's finish this week and next week strong ladies - we can do it!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #6  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Hello ladies- It's been a good week, and I'm hoping for a nice weigh-in on Sunday. Where is everyone; it's been awfully quiet.

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #7  
Sue

It has been quiet. I have been stressed out. Depressed. I am trying to snap out of it and get back on track. It just seems to be getting worse. I should have a pound or two lose this week. I will see what the scale says in the morning.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #8  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

With the weather finally pleasantly changing around here, I've been spending some time planning out some fall hikes and camping trips for me and the hubby. We love to hike, it was something we did long before I joined WW, but hubby is pretty sensitive to heat and humidity so we usually abstain for the summer. Though it was nice enough that we hiked last weekend and had a great time! Camping though is a new venture for us. He's more seasoned at it than I am, he comes from a very outdoorsy, active family.

I gained for the second week in a row (1.6), sorry guys. Last week's WI, it was expected - for some reason during TOM I pretty much wanted to eat a house. I made good choices overall but it was extra unplanned cals.

This week, eating was fine, though I had to miss a couple of usual workouts. I have been feeling kind of irregular and bloated though, even my ankles felt puffy yesterday. So I am guessing/hoping that's what caused the gain this week. I am betting if I went on the scale today I'd already be down at least some of my gain, because I don't feel as bloaty.

Back to the grind, right? It's feeling like an uphill climb lately, but we're still here! Hoping everyone has a strong finish!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #9  
Sue

The scale was very good to me this morning. I hope everyone else had a good week. Off to work I go.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, hope you had a good week. I saw pretty much no change on the scale again this week, but at least I'm maintaining. I went for a walk 5 days this week, so at least I was somewhat active. Hopefully the last week of this challenge will be my best week!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #11  

Hi everyone I suck......sorry a big gain so now back to starting weight and so much for my maintaining streak. I am also sorry ive been really bad this week and not on at all.
Today is a mixed bag of self loathing, frustration, and guilt mixed with dread that my 2 weeks are up and I'm back to work tomorrow.
The only good thing about that is hopefully I'll be back into a routine and get my eating back in order as well.
Don't forget to WI only an hour and a bit left
I will try to better by you fir the finishing of this challange

If anyone is interested in taking over as leader you can PM me about it. I just feel I have been letting everyone down over the last couple challenges.

I'll be back in a bit to do up our totals and results.