South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Mittelschirtz pain????

ETA: I mean Mittelschmirtz

(I went to General Chatter, but it didn't seem the appropriate place to post this, so I brought it here.)

Has anyone ever had this? I have had mild episodes of it in the past, and when I say mild, I mean slight discomfort but so slight that I just was made aware that I was ovulating, nothing more. This month I had really bad discomfort, and some light spotting. But it made my sciatica flare up and also gave me very bad gas and some constipation. I ended up having to take advil for it. I know it was middleschmirtz because the discomfort stopped shortly after the spotting ended and I am exactly in the middle of my cycle. It was only on one side too.

It makes me wonder if I have not been ovulating recently (not so unusual, since I'm almost 45 and certainly in perimenopause) until now. Also, my boobs starting hurting at the same time, and they haven't in the couple of months before this, which makes me again think I have not been ovulating, but did this time around.

Just looking for feedback....

Last edited by Mmckellen; 08-02-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

I've had it in the past but oddly enough not recently. Turns out I have a cyst on that ovary so that could explain it. Dr. not concerned about the cyst. I am in perimenopause now at 49 but still have TOM regularly. SBD stopped the hot flashes I was having
nanjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #3  

I think I should go to my dr. about this. I had two benign ovarian cysts about a year ago but they shrunk - but perhaps they have grown again. It really is a very strange feeling. A feeling like a balloon has been inflated in my uterus. Also my pants have been tight since Friday for no reason so I think I must be bloated and a little inflated.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

Good for peace of mind to have things checked out. I wound up having a uterine ablation a few years ago to remove polyps and stop very heavy TOM, unfortunately TOM continued. Guess I am a good healer. Come to think of it, the pain during ovulation stopped after that, maybe the polyps caused it. They were benign.
nanjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #5  

Nanjmc thanks for your feedback. I'm feeling much better today, and also dropped 1.8 lbs. of water weight I was retaining. Definitely hormonally related to ovulation I think but I will call the dr. just to be sure.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I had to look it up, but yes, I definately have it...and I did realize that last month I often retain large amounts of water as well. Mine started out as only a few hours, and now it is often 1-3 days. FWIW - this past month it wasn't one sided pain, but severe cramping. I was baffled initially, then realized I was ovulating.

I would still have it checked out if you've never had the problem before since we ladies can get bad ovary problems.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote