Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: (HW 330) this time 260/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Default New Here, Starting over, looking for support

Hi Everyone
My name is Jenn and long story short, I was able to take off 130 lbs over a 3 year period from 2005-2008. Since then I have gained back 60# when I moved to AZ and totally went off program.
I didn't ever "join" weight watchers, just did it from home with the info I gathered on the net.
I am now in week 5 and at a point where I am struggling and frustrated. I am not sure if I am not eating enough, or if I am just wanting to much weight to come off quickly.
I started on June 9th and weighed 260#. I track my weigh in's on thursdays and as of last week I was down to 148. I know 12 pounds seems like a good loss, but that was with the 4 weight ins going 9#, 1#, 1#, 1#. I would really like to see at least 2#'s a week. That first 9 was probably mostly waterweight as I had hit a sudden all time high (this time around anyways) after hovering around 255 for several weeks.
I am working the old points program because that is what I know and I figure if it worked the first time it will work again. Set my points at 30 and have been either hitting them or a little bit under. I have had 1 weekly time where I have used about 20 more points each week.
On top of that, I have been exercising quite a bit and haven't been using those points to eat either. As of tonight I have decided to try and eat up to 4 exercise points when they are earned. Today I would estimate that I have earned 9 ex points.
Anyways, that is me and my current thought pattern. I hope to get on here and read and join in with both giving and getting support. Thanks for reading
It's hard to find myself in this boat after doing so well b4!

Last edited by Jerbs; 07-12-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Jerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You'll find a lot of different members at various stages in their journeys around here, so don't worry. You're not alone.

It can be really difficult to not be meeting imaginary standards we set for the scale. It doesn't really matter how long it takes us to get to goal. 1 pound a week is above average, and is quite fantastic. You cannot "make" yourself lose 2 pounds a week. You can, however, set goals that are based on ACTIONS.

Exercising, staying within your points, those are things you can control and things you should be proud of doing. Losing weight? Well. Exercising and eating healthfully will help you do that, for sure! But, you can't tell the scale what to say. So don't focus on it. Focus on ACTIONS, and eventually the scale will go down.

After all, this is forever! So there's no rush! One day at a time. One meal at a time. You'll get there

Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #3  

You are so right and I know all of that, but I need to hear it, so thank you for typing it. I will keep on keepin' on and see what happens. Just one of those days for me. Glad I found this site, and thank you for caring enough to "lift me up" and set me back on path I appreciate the kindness Jenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Welcome to 3FC =)

You'll find a lot of different members at various stages in their journeys around here, so don't worry. You're not alone.

It can be really difficult to not be meeting imaginary standards we set for the scale. It doesn't really matter how long it takes us to get to goal. 1 pound a week is above average, and is quite fantastic. You cannot "make" yourself lose 2 pounds a week. You can, however, set goals that are based on ACTIONS.

Exercising, staying within your points, those are things you can control and things you should be proud of doing. Losing weight? Well. Exercising and eating healthfully will help you do that, for sure! But, you can't tell the scale what to say. So don't focus on it. Focus on ACTIONS, and eventually the scale will go down.

After all, this is forever! So there's no rush! One day at a time. One meal at a time. You'll get there

Best of wishes!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #4  
Starting Over After Baby

S/C/G: 193/193/143

Height: 5'6"

I, too, had a lot of success, quit, and gained some back. I lost 60 pounds with Weight Watchers in 2007-2009. I went off plan and gained back about 45 pounds. This year I have re-lost 20 of those regained pounds. I started back on Weight Watchers in January. I go to the meetings sporadically. It helps to be there in person and get the little awards. Those silly things keep my going. I've had a lot of ups and downs and "I just don't want to do this!" moments this year. It's been hard to get back my motivation from my previous success, but I just keep going anyway. It's better than the alternative!
cathochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathochick View Post
I, too, had a lot of success, quit, and gained some back. I lost 60 pounds with Weight Watchers in 2007-2009. I went off plan and gained back about 45 pounds. This year I have re-lost 20 of those regained pounds. I started back on Weight Watchers in January. I go to the meetings sporadically. It helps to be there in person and get the little awards. Those silly things keep my going. I've had a lot of ups and downs and "I just don't want to do this!" moments this year. It's been hard to get back my motivation from my previous success, but I just keep going anyway. It's better than the alternative!
I think I finally have my head wrapped around doing it again for real. It's been alost 4 years since I went off plan, when I moved to AZ from GA. I was not only depressed to leave all my friends, but I was pretty angry too. I think I got a major case of rebelillion, which is kind of silly since it really only hurt me! By the 1st year of living here I was at 40 lbs gained back. Took another 2.5 years to creep on that other 20, and when I stepped on the scale to see 260# something clicked and I told my husband "that's it, this isn't OK and I am going to do something about it"
I have my moments when I feel week and sometimes even like I can't do it, but I still stick to it.
Thanks for sharing with me It's nice to know that others have the same struggles! ~ Jenn
Old 07-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/213/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi,
Same here....lost it all before but this time was an all new high.."sigh" but I joined WW for the first time in May (I had previously done Atkins) and it has been like a switch clicked and I am in determination mode...but I've been there before and I know anything can flick the switch back off...so for me I keep trying to do it all as fast as I can which of course the scale never moves fast enough....but I am loving the program and feeling good about it.

Jessica, those meetings kind of keep me going as well...just feels great to have other people that understand, so best of luck to you.

Jerbs, Way to go sticking with it...as you I've been not eating the exercise/activity points either...last week was my first stall, so I think if I am still stalled next weigh in (Sat) I may change that up as well.Good luck!
Anita
Scooter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #7  

When I first did WW I started on a fluke when a friend of mine was telling me how well it worked. Like I said, I didn't ever join officially, just learned the ropes from her. I was absolutel AMAZED by the program and how well it worked.
Funny thing is, that I have all of my weigh in's from back then and I am losing at the same rate now, yet for some reason I get all pissy about not losing enough.
I didn't have any expectations the first time around though.. that is the difference I think.
I am not sure if meetings would help me or not, even though I am super social for some reason every time I tried like a "challenge" type of thing with my friends I would end up stalling out or gaining. I guess this is just something I have found that I just have to do alone. Yet I am talking on here, so I guess I am not doing it alone
The coolest thing that I have found with the WW program is that if I read a label I litterally can't eat it if it is ridiculous (like to much fat or calories) the points actually seem to be more like Money to me or something. When I went off program I refused to read labels, silly huh?
It's interesting how the brain works.
As for an update on how I am feeling about all of this: I am back to feeling positive, have been eating more (still max of 4) of the activity points, and have also changed my breakfast from a banana to something more substantial which has helped with my workouts.
I am happy to report a -2 weigh in today
Where do you guys get the tickers?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
As for an update on how I am feeling about all of this: I am back to feeling positive, have been eating more (still max of 4) of the activity points, and have also changed my breakfast from a banana to something more substantial which has helped with my workouts.
I am happy to report a -2 weigh in today
Where do you guys get the tickers?
Glad you're feeling better! And congrats on the weight loss! Awesome!

The tickers we get after we've been a member for 20 days, and had 20 posts. The posts part is easy, but I used the 20 days as a mini-goal.

Just stay on track for 20 days, visit the site, and... ticker rewarded!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #9  
Starting Over After Baby

S/C/G: 193/193/143

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on the loss and on feeling more positive! :-)
cathochick is offline   Reply With Quote