Old 07-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/194/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Atkins PCOS and TTC

Just thought I would stop by and say hello I am new here and trying to maintain my insulin levels while TTC.
I start Atkins phase 1 tomorrow and am hoping it will help me conceive baby number 2.

Any tips on making it through induction would be great
redsoxjill81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Atkins bars, I love them. I know some people don't like them and won't have them but they haven't caused me to stall and it helps with the sugar and chocolate cravings I was getting. Sugar free jelly is also a good one. Just eat loads of veg and meat. Something I also found is I am not so hungry so I am not inclined to snack like I used to. Its probably not good but I have even skipped dinner a couple of times cos I am just not hungry.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.8/222.8/160

Height: 5'5"

Sugar free jello helped me too LOL. I don't think diet pop is healthy but I have had the occasional can of diet sprite to take some of the edge off too. Have to say though that for me the best thing was lots and lots of water. Between all the meats, eggs, veggies ect I was not hungry at all and hardly craved the sweet stuff but I still planned for jello (and ate it) so that I would't feel deprived. I don't feel like I am dieting, just altered the way I eat. It has worked so far. Oh ya, I am a coffee drinker. I just love it. The book says that you should try to cut out coffee but you can have some if you really want it but make sure that it is not one of those items that cause you to crave. For me coffee doesn't cause me to crave sugar but I can't drink it black. I add a touch of stevia to it. I also picked up psyllium fiber and drink that in the morning after breakfast and that helps too.
kellkell is offline   Reply With Quote