Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 10:17 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more, week of Jan. 13

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join, you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hi Sherriann! I agree 100%; when I start to resent people who have been unfair or unkind to me in the past, I try to stop myself because they're not worth wasting any more or my time or energy. Instead, I think about the friends who were, and still are, supportive and caring. Like the two couples we were with last night, who have, quite literally, stuck by me through "thick and thin" over all these years. (Thanks for asking, we had a great time; and it turns out dinner was very healthful after all! I think their cooking habits are changing too.)

Gotta run! It's going to be a busy week, though a short on as we are off Friday and Monday. Too bad the weather forecast is so awful for the upcoming weekend... guess I'll stay home and clean house during the break!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Regards,
Jan
Old 01-13-2003, 07:29 PM   #2  

Hi everyone..Had my first weigh in ...lost .6 pounds; not very encouraging. I journaled everyday and and only a few I went over on, but for the weekly total was only 6 pts over; my leader says you have up to 10....so (I think that's what she said. )Anyway gotta go read more of my info; I do find I have a hard time planning my meals with my work schedule (9hr work days) so going to try and do better and goal for this week is to start exercising some. Oh I did do some manuel labor yesterday, we went to get fire wood so we worked about 3 hours or so loading and unloading 2 pickup trucks; not sure what kinda activity points that earned me.... I didn't count any for that day. Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 01-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #3  

Hi Nascar Girl! Congrats on the .6 loss; hey, that's nothing to sneeze at, you did fine. Journaling every day, wow, that's great. And re: the 10 pts the leader mentioned, she was talking about banked points. Like if your range is 24-29, for example, and you do 24, 24, 24, the fourth day you have 15 "banked" points, out of which you can spend 10 during one day, for a total of 39 that fourth day if you want. Comes in handy for special occasions and such! And way to go on all the work loading wood; that must have earned lots of activity points. So don't be discouraged at all, you are doing everything right, and the scale will keep on moving down. Adding a daily walk, even 20 minutes, will speed things up, so your idea of adding exercise is right on target. Keep on keepin' on!

Hi to everybody; hope you had a good Monday!
Jan
Old 01-14-2003, 12:07 AM   #4  
Inchworm

Hi all!
And good bye again...I have to go back to my sisters to take care of some business. don't know how long it will take.

I'm doing o.k. weight wise. I was up a cupla pounds last week, but am back down again today...when all is settled down, I will get back to meeings, I still have several paid coupons.

talk to you soon.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:09 PM   #5  

Hi JOYce! Thanks for stopping by; I know how busy you are right now, and we really appreciate hearing from you. Glad to hear you are doing so well with program! Take care!

Not much happening here today; trying to catch up with stuff here at school. We have a long weekend (Friday and Monday) coming up, but it will be way too cold to go anywhere. They are predicting a severe freeze (we haven't had one yet, this winter) so we'll be feeding cattle, wrapping pipes, bringing plants in, etc. If it warms up by Sunday, we may spend a night at the beach (Rockport) just for a change of scenery. Have been very good program-wise since Jan.2, and hope to be able to wear that new suit in Feb.; we'll see!

Hope everyone else's week is off to a good start!

Jan
Old 01-14-2003, 07:57 PM   #6  

JanetMae, Thanks for the positive re-enforcement! And thanks for explaining that 10 pt deal. Well, today I have done well only 22 pts so banking 5. I ate at my lowest today woohoo! I do have a question, We are going out to dinner sat. night for my stepsons 12th birthday. He wants to go to Texas roadhouse. Do you know where I can find the points breakdown on their menu. I tried dwlz.com and it's not listed. I want to be sure to eat on plan there. I know they have baked sweet potatoes which I love so it's the entree; etc. I need help with.

It's cold here in GA too. They are calling for a winter mix Thursday/Friday.
Well better run, just wanted to check in!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:43 PM   #7  

Hi Nascar Girl! Way to go on your 22 pt day! Re: Texas Roadhouse, I found their menu at http://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu_view.php . (They haven't published their nutritional info yet; I found a letter on another site, from their VP, explaining that they are still working on that.) But in looking over their menu, I saw lots of healthy choices. (And many awful ones, too, of course.) They have steamed veggies, grilled salmon (but I'd ask for that butter to be left off), grilled chicken, and small (by restaurant standards) sirloins, 6 oz., which should be 9-10 pts if trimmed a little. (Or you could take some home for the next day.) They even have an all veggie plate, though I don't think I could pass up the steak, myself. Your baked potato will be a great bargain at 3 pts, without toppings. (Salsa makes a great topping.)

When I started WW, the biggest reality check for me was that photo of a T-bone steak in the starting booklet. It said FOUR servings!! Oh man. At our house, we had always cooked a T-bone for each person!

Anyway, needless to say, we have changed our cooking habits and portion sizes over the last few years!

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday! I'm gonna hit the hay early tonight, as I've been a bit sleep-deprived lately. Had a good OP day, and took a nice walk with DH this evening. Tomorrow will be our last day of not-freezing weather, so we have to take advantage of it while we can...

Hi to Texaslady, JOYce, Linda, Janet, Carol, Sherriann, Lilithu, Kelly, Tonya, & Loon!

Kelly, I hope you're over the flu now! Loon, how's the online thng going? Lilithu, what kind of trainer is it you're using? Is it like a treadmill?

Drop in when you can and say hi!

Jan
Old 01-15-2003, 09:58 AM   #8  

Hey Janet, how are you!

I am still here, still staying OP and working out 6 days a week. I was really feeling good until I went to the GYM today and got on the scale. It said that I gained 2 pounds and I have done everything right. It is that TOM right now so I know that is probably what it is, but I have never gained during TOM before, it just makes me mad when I have done everything right. My WI is Thursday night, but if this doesn't fall off by then I will wait and goto a meeting on Saturday morning. I just can't see anything negative on that scale. It will mess with me mentally. I hate that that scale dictates how I think I am doing. I feel smaller and look smaller from last week, but I want to actually see it to know I am doing it!! Wish me luck!! Thanks for letting me vent

Tonya
244/224.6/150
Old 01-15-2003, 10:42 AM   #9  

Hi Tonya! Way to go on all the exercise and staying OP!! I know just what you mean about the IM (iron monster, the scale) not cooperating, and that really can be frustrating. However, with all that exercise, your muscles could be holding on to more water just now, as they repair and rebuild. And TOM is definitely a factor in water retention, too. So don't trust the IM right now to give an accurate reflection of what is really happening with your body. Feeling and looking smaller is a much better way to measure your progress!! Try not to focus on the numbers for a little while, and trust me, the loss will show up big time very soon. With this program, patience is the name of the game, but the payoff is fantastic ... and permanent. Hang in there, Tonya!

Nothing much happening down my way. Have been OP since Jan. 2, which may be a new record for me, but I'm determined to wear that new suit. Did I tell y'all about the ducks? This may sound silly, but I'm putting a little yellow duckie sticker on the calendar for each day I stay OP and get some exercise in. They are swimming across the weeks in cute little rows, and somehow it motivates me to stay OP, 'cause I don't want to see any gaps. (Guess I need to find a little duckie icon now!) My mother loved the expression "Getting all my ducks in a row," the equivalent of "Getting my act together," so it does have a sentimental meaning for me too.

Has anyone seen the movie Chicago? It was terrific ... I'm sure it'll win lots of awards, though Frida is still my favorite pick for the Oscars.

Everybody have a great week!

Regards,
Jan
Old 01-15-2003, 04:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everone- I have about 50# to lose as well. Got off track over Christmas holidays, but was down 2.6# on Monday (that is my WI day) Have been trying to walk a few times each week.

Good luck everyone.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:00 PM   #11  

Hi Bandit! Welcome to the group! Congrats on the 2.6 loss, that's terrific! And don't worry about the holiday glitch; the important thing is that you've gotten right back on track. Walking is a great idea, too. Hope to "see" you again soon; tell us a bit about yourself!

Am finished with school now until next Tuesday, but will probably be up here several times over our four-day holiday trying to do some "spring cleaning" and get lesson plans in order. With this cold front, we'll probably not go anywhere, so it's a good time to get stuff done. Am heading home for a lunch of leftover chicken pizza that I made last night with lowfat cheese, chicken breast, mushrooms, peppers, tomato chutney and green onions. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! See ya later,
Jan
Old 01-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

I am 49 yrs old, separated, have 16 yr old daughther. Joined WW last Sept with 2 friends. Started out good (was down 31# at one point) but have been backsliding off & on. Am down 21# as of last Monday. Weekends seem hardest for me with socializing. Have a boyfriend for last 14 months & he like to eat out lots. I have to be more strict with myself & him and not eat crazy.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:13 PM   #13  

Hi Bandit! I think 21 pounds down since Sept. is absolutely wonderful! Don't get down on yourself for backsliding; the important thing is that you're back on track now. I know what you mean about weekends; those are hard for me too. Maybe you could plan to cook at home during the weekend, some? You could even cook and freeze stuff to have during the week. Or if you don't like to cook, maybe research the places nearby that have the most "OP" choices available. There's a restaurant points list here on Dottie's.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
ttyl,
Jan
Old 01-17-2003, 08:00 AM   #14  

Angry

Good morning everyone! It's mighty windy here this am! A chilling 27 without the wind chill
JanetMae - Thanks so much for the great ideas and menu site. I'll check it out! Will let ya know how the party goes.

Bandit2 - Welcome!!! 21 pounds is so great!! I do hope I do that well!

Well, trying to stay at the low end of my points since I have this BD party coming up tomorrow night. So far I have banked 10 points! Which is great for me considering this is my 2nd week! I think I'm getting the hang of this. Although I do have to say when DH is out of town I do seem to do better! I think the weekends will be my toughest time. We shall see.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend
Old 01-17-2003, 09:37 AM   #15  

Hi Nascar Girl! Pretty cold here too, but sunny and pretty. KUDOS to you for banking points for your party!! Way to go! I'm sure you will do just fine, in spite of its being a weekend.

Slept late this morning (it's a 4-day weekend for us) and plan to putter around the house today, maybe do a little schoolwork. Thinking about going to San Antonio this afternoon, maybe take in a WW meeting and a movie. If Dad goes with us, we'll get a motel room too. (He's not into movies, as he can't really see well, and has never enjoyed movies anyway. (He's a big Lawrence Welk fan; 'nuff said!!) Am having a light breakfast and lunch just in case, so I can have a little wine with dinner. (One of my red lights, so I try to have it just when we go out.)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Drop by and say hello when you can!

Regards,
Jan
Closed Thread