Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/218/145

Smile New to MF, Have 2 questions after Day 1

Hi everyone!
I'm new to Medifast and am hoping to get some support through his fantastic forum that I've been following for a few weeks.
I started with the choc shake, mint bar, brownie, chic noodle soup, and van shake, plus my l&g.
The mint bar was amazing... like a girl scout cookie!
The chic noodle soup was, ummm.... bland. Any suggestions?
I also noticed a very strong bitter aftertaste with the choc shake and brownie... is that normal?
I really want this to work and am hoping for some tips.
Thanks so much!!
RunnerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

For the chicken noodle soup, a little hot sauce like Tabasco is good. Check the condiments list on the Medifast website.

The bitter aftertaste with the brownie and choc shake is normal, I think. My guess is it's because of the cocoa they use, but I'm not sure.

For your next order, try some other foods! There are plenty of choices, and you're sure to find some you like. My favorites have included the Parmesan Puffs and the Beef Stew. Some folks don't like those, though--so it's an individual thing.

Good luck! It works if you stay on the plan!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It is totally individual!!!

I never get a bitter aftertaste from the shakes or brownie, but I do from the pretzels (honey mustard) and sometimes the soups.

To cure blandness in the chicken soups, try looking for a salt-less spice mix (maybe Spike). I also use salsa in the tomato and crab soups.

I didn't like how the puffs stuck in my teeth! Funny how there are some things we like and others we don't.

I took the holiday weekend to be totally off plan and am happy to announce only a 1/2 pound gain! Back at it full time today for another 4 weeks.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/218/145

Thanks, Jay & Allison!
I'm liking this so far... and I'm down 4 pounds in 3 days.
RunnerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I haven't noticed the bitter taste you mention, but I have found that a little cocoa powder and/or 1/2 teaspoonful of Splenda greatly improves sweet meals. Extracts are a good addition to the shakes, too - lemon, coconut, almond and mint are all in my rotation.

I have to add SOMETHING to all of the soups. I have a garlic-herb blend that's really good with the chicken soups, and I usually add a tiny bit of real salt. Salsa is good in the chili and tomato soups.

It really seems that your taste buds adjust after a couple weeks on plan, so stick with it - it really works!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

I noticed too if you order off the medifast website you can order one packet at a time rather than the whole box (2.50 each, I believe) so if you wanted to try anything, that would be a good way to do it!
totalconfusion87 is offline   Reply With Quote