Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Tween Size! Too small for Plus/Too big for regular

I had a rough time at the mall yesterday.

I just needed a black suit jacket to wear to some meetings this month. The size 16 jackets in the regular part of Lord & Taylor were too small and the size 14W jacket in the plus department was much too big. They were different brands, but all the store carried.

Then I went over to Nordstrom and they had a 14W black jacket that was just OK and cost $286! I just wasn't willing to pay that much for something that would soon be too big anyway and finally scored an OK jacket for $80 at Talbots in 16 regular. I did not fit into most of the Talbots 16 regular dresses, though.

I can tell this size is going to be pretty annoying.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

I am looking forward to being in that situation soon. I have not been out of the W section since I was in my early 20's. I bought at pair of 16W's last week. I looked at the 14's and they seem so small, I couldn't even imagine fitting into them.

Very exciting- keep up the good work.
celrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

You might try consignment or thrift stores. It is hard to shop at any size these days because there is so much inconsistency among sizes, even in the same store. I can wear everything from a 14 to a 20 depending on which store I am in. Very frustrating!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by celrae View Post
I am looking forward to being in that situation soon. I have not been out of the W section since I was in my early 20's. I bought at pair of 16W's last week. I looked at the 14's and they seem so small, I couldn't even imagine fitting into them.

Very exciting- keep up the good work.
Thanks, yes since I started losing when my 24Ws were getting tight, it is exciting and sometimes my clothes look like little doll clothes to me. My initial goal is around a 12/14, so I'm not far off!
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

We're the same height. :-) Go to TJ Maxx and Marshalls and Ross. You shouldn't have to spend $80 on a transition jacket.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #6  
Junk Warrior

S/C/G: 275/241/180

Height: 5'10

I'm a torrid fan...they go down to size 14 I think. Not sure if the mall where you are has one but that place is worth every penny. reasonable prices, not bargain prices. You can probably get a whole outfit for a little under $100. They also have a HUGE sale rack to raid.
BowandArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #7  
ish

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh man, have I been there! My last two years of university my weight loss attempts weren't driven enough to do anything but stall me at that in-between size. For me that was my biggest, so I just felt helpless and clothesless. My wardrobe took a beating, but I managed to find some stuff in my budget from time to time. So excited to shop properly in the very near future!
ish is offline   Reply With Quote