Old 06-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Unhappy At my wits end with being Mrs Oompah Loompah!

Okay i am at my wits end.. I know i know..Im supposed to be patient and wait for my order from Nashua...so i did my research and looked at medi-fast and opti-fast stuff...i was trying to find another possible shake out there that would be similar to IP and Medi-fast.. The closest thing i could find was Boost Diabetic..which i found at the store..Its high in carbohydrates...as in 16 grams and it wont put you into ketosis..but i thought..if just drink six of these shakes a day..it will give me exactly 1200 calories for the day and i could get my body accustomed for the first 3 days..of not "eating" much..so i get over the hunger issues before my shipment from nashua comes in..Well.bad news..it tastes awful..way over sweet with sucralose..terrible after taste..and on top of it..I still feel like an oompah loompah..

I hate my body..im desperate to try anything right now..But i feel like im bashing my head against a wall while i wait for my shipment to come in..(stupid postal strike)..

I look pregnant..thats how bad i look..and im talking like 7 months...and im not pregnant..which is the worst part..but i walk around acting pregnant so that people wont question wheather im just "fat" vs being "pregnant"..Cause if they cant tell..then i dont have to worry with them insulting me..Ever get that??? Someone comes up to you "how many months are you??" ...my response now "about six"....so i dont have to explain to them that i have gained so much weight.. i know its a defense mechinism in order to deal with peoples thoughts and comments on my body..But the truth is.. i just want to die..

Im mad that i have wasted about 50$ on shakes for 3 day that wont even work...i HATE my whey shake though..it tastes like..bleh..is the only word i have for it...

Im sorry..for having a pity and sounding so down in the dumps.. i just need encouragement..especially since im not getting any from my hunny or friends or family.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/185/150

Height: 5'7"

i'm sorry i'm not familiar with Nashau? I'm assuming their diet shakes? i've tried the shake route and i ended up eating with them. my mom did the liquid diet years ago and after she started eating regular foods again she put it all back on. weight watchers is good and it teaches portion control. i think that's the key and exercise. wish there was a quick fix. i've been doing the ww along with going to the gym 3-5 days a week and have been losing about 10 pounds a month. it'll happen for you but it is super hard to start any kind of plan. one day at a time! good luck!
mandy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Untill your order comes in why not try to eat low carb and lean meat and lots of approved veggies. Drinking just shakes wont make you feel very full. Meals on ip arent just shakes. We have to eat 4 cups of veggies a day. I think the caloric daily intake on ip is around 800, but with vitamins so we meet all the food requirement our body needs.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I agree with what Locks said. Why not just start going low carb? You can do:
(1) egg plus (2) egg whites for breakfast
Lean protein, 2 cups of veggies and a salad for lunch
Lean protein, 2 cups of veggies and a salad for dinner
Protein shake for snack

This would essetially give you the IP format, basically a modified Phase II. This way you can start to wein yourself off of carbs and I would bet that you will start losing weight. And you will get those first 3 days over with. Do you think this is something you could do?
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I think it would be cheaper for you as well, then when your items come in you wont have all the bad withdrawls as well.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/174.6/125

Height: 5'2"

HI Porthardygurl
I am in the same boat as you....done feeling like an umpa lumpa. UGH. And it seems where ever hubby and me go, I am always the fat chick. I hate it.

All these women same age as me, (43) & some older, are always thinner, healthier and look great in clothes than I do. IT SUCKS.

Take this weekend for instance, we are on vacation at our spot on a resort/lake, and do you think I brought my baithing suit? **** no! LOL. Not yet anyway. And our neighbor lady who is about my age is skinny and looks great in her clothes.

Though, I don't want to put down others opinions, I don't believe in cutting out carbs, you need potatoes, broccoli, carrots, etc. these are ALL very healthy for you, and the nutrients out way the "bad" anyway. So any diet that tells you to cut these foods out isn’t a very good plan.

Moreover, its really not the cutting the carbs making you lose weight, actually it's because you are eating less calories.

However, with that said, I am thinking about doing Medifast, only to get my butt in gear because I have no discipline.

Right now I'm at a point in my life where I need the meals to be prepared for me, and have written instructions when and what to eat. And without counting calories. Medifast kind of says don't eat the high carb vege's such as broccoli, but this is temporary so I told myself this okay for now. LOL.

Another really great person to follow is Denise Austin. I have 2 of her books. I plan on following her advice again once I get my butt in gear and feel like preparing meals again.

Hang in there, don't give up and check in once in awhile, maybe you and I can give each other hope and motivation!
Michinmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinmn View Post
HI Porthardygurl
Though, I don't want to put down others opinions, I don't believe in cutting out carbs, you need potatoes, broccoli, carrots, etc. these are ALL very healthy for you, and the nutrients out way the "bad" anyway. So any diet that tells you to cut these foods out isn’t a very good plan.
Hi Michinmn, the ideal protein program includes 4 cups of select veggies per day. So we get plenty of carbs and fibre. Also, the packages actually include carbs. So no one is telling Porthardygurl to cut out carbs completely, that would be ridiculous.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #8  

Quote:
Moreover, its really not the cutting the carbs making you lose weight, actually it's because you are eating less calories.
You may want to read up on ketosis. There is a link to Dr. Trans book on the first post of each IP daily thread.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Ketosis is simply the metabolic pathway, it is the calorie deficit that causes the weight loss. I don't care what diet someone is following, our bodies work on a calories-in-calories-out manner.

Last edited by LeaArr; 06-19-2011 at 12:26 PM.
LeaArr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
Ketosis is simply the metabolic pathway, it is the calorie deficit that causes the weight loss. I don't care what diet someone is following, our bodies work on a calories-in-calories-out manner.
I totally agree...I apologize if it sounded like i didn't. I just thought that if michnmn understood the philosophy behind ideal protein, that the previous posts (regarding the meal plan and the carb restriction) would make more sense. No offense intended, sorry!!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

There's seldom one answer to a weight problem. There may be different answers at different times, or several different things you can do. The answer is not going to be in one protein powder.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #12  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I understand that..i recognize i still need my 4 cups of veg and my water and olive oil and sea salt..and vitamins and minerals..i get it.. I just hate being an ooompah loompah..and desperately want to be as successfull as everyone else.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
HI Porthardygurl
I am in the same boat as you....done feeling like an umpa lumpa. UGH. And it seems where ever hubby and me go, I am always the fat chick. I hate it.

All these women same age as me, (43) & some older, are always thinner, healthier and look great in clothes than I do. IT SUCKS.

Take this weekend for instance, we are on vacation at our spot on a resort/lake, and do you think I brought my baithing suit? **** no! LOL. Not yet anyway. And our neighbor lady who is about my age is skinny and looks great in her clothes.

However, with that said, I am thinking about doing Medifast, only to get my butt in gear because I have no discipline.

Right now I'm at a point in my life where I need the meals to be prepared for me, and have written instructions when and what to eat. And without counting calories. Medifast kind of says don't eat the high carb vege's such as broccoli, but this is temporary so I told myself this okay for now. LOL.

Another really great person to follow is Denise Austin. I have 2 of her books. I plan on following her advice again once I get my butt in gear and feel like preparing meals again.

Hang in there, don't give up and check in once in awhile, maybe you and I can give each other hope and motivation!
Sorry to disagree with you..but you never need to eat potatoes....or even carrots...this program does have some carbs but a limited amount..all the packets are pure and made with protein...I'm down 70 lbs and feel absolutely amazing...please read a little more on our program.. www.idealprotein.com
good luck with your journey...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Sorry to disagree with you..but you never need to eat potatoes....or even carrots...this program does have some carbs but a limited amount..all the packets are pure and made with protein...I'm down 70 lbs and feel absolutely amazing...please read a little more on our program.. www.idealprotein.com
good luck with your journey...

Hi, thank you for responding. Its okay to agree to disagree.....I've read many articles and books and the "good" of potatoes and carrots out weigh the so called "bad".....potatoes have more potassium than a banana....moreover a potato with skin on has so many minerals our bodies need it would be crazy to cut them completely out of a healhy diet......it also contains Natural Fiber as written about:
The potato skin is a great source of natural fiber, according to the Washington State Potato Commission. ....A single potato skin (58g) contains 18 percent of the dietary fiber that is recommended each day. ....The Mayo Clinic states that fiber is essential for a balanced and healthy diet. In addition to helping normalize the flow of digestion, fiber can lower your risk of heart problems and diabetes.

carrots have very important nutrients too, such as: vitamins A, C and K, B vitamins and magnesium. Carrots are also rich in fiber, which supports digestive health and weight management....

Congrats on your awesome weight loss! And continued success in your journey.

Last edited by Michinmn; 07-04-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea2 View Post
There's seldom one answer to a weight problem. There may be different answers at different times, or several different things you can do. The answer is not going to be in one protein powder.
I totally agree with you!!!!