Old 06-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Default Pigged out BIG time last night... what can I do?

OK.. thought I would start a new thread for this as this is my second question.

Whether it was hormones or whatever, yesterday I had the appetite of a scraggy horse.

I ate and ate and ate. I cant even begin to work out the amount of points I had.

I finished off the evening with a huge doner kebab from the turkish take away.. I phoned them to place the order for me and hubby and we always normally order small ones.. even the small ones are huge and I would never normally finish one off myself. "large or small?" they asked over the phone. "small" said my husband in the background. "large" I firmly stated. Nothing else will do. "Really?" he asked. He couldnt believe it. I also couldnt believe that when I got home after picking it up, my husband decided to heat his up a little as it was a bit cold. Not me. I WOLFED it down. Stone cold chicken and lamb meat shovelled down my throat. I polished it off completely. MY husband couldnt eat all of his and even divided his in half and has taken the remaining kebab to work for his lunch.

If that wasnt enough, we sat down to watch a movie and I teared open a big bag of maltesers! Already bloated and uncomfortably full from the kebab, to the point of sharp stabbing pains ripping through my tummy no doubt caused by my eating too much, too quickly I then find myself shoving maltesers down my throat!

Whats wrong with me? This appetite has been buillding up all week and I also havent been near the gym classes I normally go to. Feeling very unmotivated.

Today is my day off and I am telling myself its a new day and I will put yesterdays binge behind me. The question is, is there any point trying and undo ing some of the damage caused by yesterday through exercise? Its my day off and I have a million things to do and I would love to spend the day doing other things than going to the gym which I hate! But my mind is telling me I have to try and repair some damage!

What the heck is wrong with me?
pommychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

First of all let go of the guilt and shame you are feeling from yesterday's food. It's in the past you can't change it. Move forward with a normal healthy diet and regular exercise. You cannot out train a poor diet. It just doesn't work that way and it leads to other poor behaviors. I know I've been there done that.

The healthiest thing to do is forgive yourself and move forward. Seriously I know it sounds cliche but it's true. Be kind to your self and learn from your slip ups. It will be ok.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #3  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

The best way to repair the damage is to own what you did- and you've done that by coming and posting, remembering how awful you felt both physically and mentally, and to move forward from here. Learn from this mistake, and try your best to avoid repeating it. Exercise will not erase the caloric intake, but it might off-set it a bit, and it will most certainly help health-wise.

March on!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #4  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

There is nothing you could tell me you ate, no amount of food that would shock or surprise me because I've been there too.

You just have to do better tomorrow. If nothing else this can be something to learn from. When you say the cravings/binge has been building all week it is very telling of triggers that you can watch for in the future so that it doesn't happen again.

Sometimes by denying ourselves too strictly we are sabotaging ourselves at the same time. If I'm having a hellacious chocolate craving, I let myself have some. I figure it in (I'm no longer doing WW now calorie counting, but same premise) my allotment for the day, allow myself to enjoy it GUILT FREE, and move on. If I don't, I will obsess over it until I crash like you are describing. I'll hold off for a few days, or even a week, until I can think of nothing else and end up eating a ton of food that I didn't really even want to begin with.

We don't have to eat perfectly all the time to have success. I think it's more about finding that middle ground of moderation. Learning when to allow treats and working them into a reasonable plan is part of that.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Agreement with above... you'd literally have to exercise the ENTIRE day to burn off even half of what you ate... Let it go, but learn from it. I always try to remember that I felt awful after over eating AND it never really seemed to solve whatever issue I was having AND it wasn't ever worth seeing the scale bounce up. But, there's really nothing you can do after to fact, except learn for next time. If you're like me, it'll take a few times, but eventually you'll start to feel a connection... the short-term immediate gratification is never worth the long-term impact! For me, I was able to let it go and chalk it up to learning the hard way -- all part of the process!!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #6  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

The guilt weighs more than anything that will show up on the scale! I know the feeling. I just had a great loss today and figured I'd "treat" myself. I had a smart ones pizza for lunch, then pasta for dinner, then a mini ice cream sandwich, then a WW cookie, and right after that guacamole and tortilla chips. It adds up quickly! I immediately hated myself because now I have to exercise extra hard this week and be much more careful with my points. This was my first day that I've had a "binge" since I started WW. I know it's not terrible, but it feels like it. We all have them and we just have to move past them.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Just agreeing with everyone.

The best thing to be done is to say "Lesson Learned!" Accept that it happened, eat healthfully/normally and then to apply the lesson to future situations. This is especially helpful if you know a trigger situation and then are able to plan around it in the future.

You're not strange. There's nothing wrong with you. We all have days like this, we just make better choices the very next meal.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I have a day like that every few months. Where it just seems I CANNOT get enough to eat. The last time it happened, just last week, actually, I struggled through the day, and made a healthy supper, but made lots, and ate until I was finally satisfied. It was way to much even though it was healthy, but at least it wasn't junk food. I did that so I wouldn't spend days fighting it, and caving in to the junk I was craving.

Just track it the best you can and move on. It's not the end of the world and none of us are perfect.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote