Old 06-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #1  

Question What do you tell yourself when you slipped?

Any tips please? I overate today...and I guess that I worry that I will slip lol =(
Are there any good quotes, or what do you tell yourself after a "slip up"?
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I tell myself that I am worth so much more than a cheeseburger or whatever it was I slipped up with. Everyone "slips", if being/getting in good shape was easy everybody would be walking around like Gisele. The past is the past, what's done is done. But one day of bad eating truly isn't that bad-its the one day that turns into one week, into one month, etc etc. You have made a choice to get healthy, you are a strong person and will not let one day get in the way of your goals, you can do this!
brianalee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi Pixellate! Let me start by saying that your avatar is awesome and that Nutella is my crack of choice.

I've slipped up plenty of times. It happens. I tell myself that I MUST get back on track. I try to put what happened completely out of the way and just look forward. I psych myself out and decide to increase my water intake, I don't weigh myself for at least 4 days because a lot of the weight gain is just water. If you look at all the people on here who have lost weight and kept it off, I would say that the vast majority has slipped up here and there, but they didn't let it bring them down...they picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and got right back on track. You can do the same!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure I tell myself anything, other than that one slip-up is not an excuse for an entire week's worth of slip-ups! I used to have that mentality and all it did was cause me to yo-yo and feel miserable about myself. So okay, I made a bad decision at lunch. I'll just eat right at dinner, and eat right tomorrow, and the day after, and on down the line and it won't be so big a deal. Honestly, with practice, this has gotten a lot easier. It used to be that I couldn't pass up a fresh croissant or a bag of chips or stopping at the drive-thru when the urge struck. Now, I recognize the urge and say, "no, it's not worth it," and go on with my day. Never thought I'd be able to do that, lol.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #5  

Thank you all so much! I checked the scale today, I did go up but thank goodness it wasn't like 10 lbs, and I binged on bread (so weird lol) so it was mainly fiber and bulk. I'm just telling myself that it was not an excess of 3,500 cals, so its OK and move on! I am about to take a long walk outside because its pretty out.
Oh and PrettyMommy, a few days ago I was at WholeFoods and at the sample cart they were handing out samples of fancy organic hazelnut paste. The sales person said that it was waay better than Nutella and I LOLLLed on the inside because I bought every gourmet, fancy hazelnut chocolate out there, no, nothing can compare to that jar of crack LOL
I saw the portrait and though, oh its my past life! Mona's forgotten fat sister, Nutella Lisa!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote